MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
flambinet
Hello,
I created a FCU panel and connected all the switches to an Arduino Mega and used Mobiflight
to control all this.
I have 6 Arduinos and all of them are set up the same way.
The one that controls the FCU recognizes the button that I press, for example AP1 or AP2,
comes back with the message that it is executed on push and on release, but does not set
the right pin. Actually the same thing with all FCU buttons.
Strannge enough the LED's that I have connected and the encoders are working properly.
(As properly as they can using the Jeehell data pipe). But something is at least moving.
I checked the connections, I have all ground connections collected on one terminal and
connected the terminal with GND on the board.
Any idea what could have gone wrong?
Thanks for your advice.
Fritz Lambinet
2021-06-05 18:48
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

iconflambinet:

Hello,
The one that controls the FCU recognizes the button that I press, for example AP1 or AP2,
comes back with the message that it is executed on push and on release, but does not set
the right pin.

Why should a INPUT "set" a Pin ?

The INPUT is detected by the mega..... and it send this information to Mobiflight ! ( You confirm that in case you say Mobiflight say "Button Press or Button Release" in the DEBUG String.
So from MEGA side everything is fine.

If the Action is not executed to the Sim then the Configs must be wrong.... e.g. use wrong Offset, Wrong typ, size, value or so.

iconflambinet:

I have all ground connections collected on one terminal and
connected the terminal with GND on the board.

Please Confirm you use the GRD Pin from the SAME Mega you also connect the Buttons OR Confirm you combinded all 6 Megas together with a GRD wire that connect the 6 Mega Grounds serial.
Basically..... Each Device ( Wahtever In or Output) must use the SAME GRD Potential like the Mega it come From (+5V Side) .
So.... Wire each device to the same Mega GRD where it is based on, OR wire all Megas GRD Pins together.... Then the devices can end in "ONE GLOBAL" GRD point ( that is connected to all Megas same time).
Good Luck !
2021-06-06 23:52
flambinet
Hallo Pizman,
danke für Deinen Hinweis.
Offset 7BEB sieht so ähnlich aus wie 78EB, kann aber aus guten Gründen nicht funktionieren.
Der Fehler lag also zwischen meinen Kopfhörern.
Danke nochmal für die gute Analyse und den Hinweis auf das falsche offset.
Grüße aus dem schwach frequentierten EDSB.
Fritz Lambinet

nb. set pin
Ich hatte diese Zeile entdeckt an anderer Stelle, also beim Drücken eines anderen Tasters.
Da kam nach execute on release noch eine weitere Zeile "set pin 1.02. ...."
Es hat mich irritiert, dass das bei AP1 oder AP2 oder ATHR nicht kam.
2021-06-07 18:41
flambinet
Noch zu ergänzen, es funktioniert alles richtig.
Gruß
Fritz Lambinet
2021-06-07 18:42
pizman82
Supporter
Ahhh

"Set Pin" kommt in der Regel von einen LED Output..... ... Also wenn eine LED im Sim Angeht und dies zu deinen Mega gesendet wird dann steht im Logging SetPin und dahinter WELCHER Pin gesetzt wird und mit welchen Wert.

Somit.... Nur falsch verstanden.... Alles gut.

Wenn du nochmal Probleme hast.... Einfach melden !
Good Luck !
2021-06-07 22:43
icon