MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
okansacli
Hello Guys,

My problem is a bit different. I can drive my 8 relay module with MEGA and mobflight just fine.. Just fine as long as I do not connect some load on the NO/NC/COM side of the relay. The moment I connect a 220VAC load (a coil of a contactor as an example) on the NO - COM legs (to act as a switch) I loose the MEGA and mobiflight can not load the board anymore.
Am I missing something ?

Best Regards

Okan Sacli
2021-05-02 18:54
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Sacli,

did you connect then Mega-GND to the relay COM?
Grüße,
Stephan
2021-05-02 20:28
okansacli
Hello Stephan,

I assume you are asking if I connected the MEGA GND to RELAY GND ? No, it is not connected.

The 5V of MEGA is connected to the VCC of RELAY

The pins 22-24-26-28-30-32-34-36 of MEGA are connected to IN1-IN2-IN3-IN4-IN5-IN6-IN7-IN8 of RELAY

A seperate power supply is connected to GND and JD-VCC of the RELAY (wth the jumper removed) . this is the normal way I assume as I see over the internet at many sources

All works like a charm without connecting any loads to the load side of the RELAYS.. the moment I connect a 220VAC load, i loose the MEGA and MOBI do not see the card anymore ( I have to restart the pc, plug unplug MEGA for MOBI to see the card again)

Thank you

OKan
2021-05-02 20:54
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Okan,

what type are the relais? Solid State relais or the tradidional ones?

Is it possible to drive a simple LED on he output side?
Grüße,
Stephan
2021-05-02 21:05
okansacli
Hello,

Traditional relays. As I've said with nothing connected I can control all relays ( I hear the click when I change a bit in FSUIPC and at the same time the circuit on NO goes from OPEN to CLOSE when measured with a multimeter and vice versa)

I did not try with a LED but should work , since I have tried run an additional single traditional 12VDC relay on of the 8 relays with success.

I think the 230vac coil of the contactor is the problem.

Thanks

Okan
2021-05-03 05:14
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi,

I think not, because the circuits are independent, so galvanic not connected.
There is the primery circuit to control the relais and the secondary only with the switches. If there is no connection there is also no influence. The 230V should be only on the contacts of the switches. All other connection can be deadly!
Grüße,
Stephan
2021-05-03 11:02
okansacli
Hi,

I am %100 aware that this issue has nothing to do with mobiflight. I posted here hoping that someone also experienced something similar and found the solution.

The 220VAC is of course only on the contacts of the switches.

Although the circuits are independent , there is still an influence when used with a coil operating on 230VAC

So I will investigate further and publish a solution when I have one.

Thanks

Okan Sacli
www.okansacli.com
2021-05-03 19:16
okansacli
Using conventional mechanical relays is the problem. For 220V coil loads (like my case where I am trying to open and close a heavy duty contactor) i added a solid state relay for switching the 220V coil connection of the contactor and now it works. I will publish this on my web site so the interested can research further.

Best Regards

Okan Sacli
www.okansacli.com
Yesterday 08:18
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2