MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Mossman
Hi guys

Ive been using mobiflight for 737 sim build since last February and progressively added arduino megas now 8 in total they all work fine and stable Karl the sim has given me a lot of advise on connecting trouble shoting on most issues and I find using your software marvelous.

We now have and OVH panel wich needs another 5 megas for the switches LEDs etc. I have 2x 5v 20amp poweered supplied usb hub plugged into the usb ports in the back of the computer. Now 1 x of the megas in the OVH panel working when i add an additional mega it drops the previous mega and trys to orphan the serial. i remove it it picks up the 8th again and all 8 work fine again

127 megas connected daisy chained is apparently possible but does the computers motherboard have some limitations that stops or drops additional megas. This has been something I would appreciate if anyone has any input. We are using the mobiflight version that is not the most latest update but the one before.

Kind Regards
Paul Moss
Western Australia
2021-04-25 03:15
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Paul.... Greetings to Down Under

iconMossman:

127 megas connected daisy chained is apparently possible but does the computers motherboard have some limitations that stops or drops additional megas. This has been something I would appreciate if anyone has any input. We are using the mobiflight version that is not the most latest update but the one before.

We get a long time Problem that in some cases Megas are not detected by our Software..... And we work hard to solve this. Badly there are multiple reasons for that.

At first.... In the 8.0.2 there was a bigger Fix..... And also within the BETA there was another important improvement (8.0.2.x)
From our point of view we solved a lot of the Problems (Maybe all) with this fixes.

To have a simmular Situation you should patch definitly to 8.0.2 AND you should make a test with 8.0.2.x Betas and report if problem is still solved !
(Alternate is to wait for 8.1 .... Means the next release that include the BETA content )

By the way.
A Point we could not identify till now is the fact of Hardware Cables and Hubs.
For example the Megas with 16U2 USB Interface work fine on my system..... But the CH340 Megas not work on one of my Hubs.
Also my Megas work NOT on a special USB Cable i got. Can use it for Yoke and Mouse or Headset..... But a Mega on that cable wont connect to Mobiflight !

So.... If possible you should check/change Hardware Cables and Hubs if you get in trouble. Try another Mega on the Problematic place ( one that work on a other spot) .
Or use e.g. the problematic Hub for testing in a Element that is still working.
In easy words.... Trial and Error Testing with that. May you can identify the issue spot !

In your Situation...... What happen if you connect the one Mega ( That struggle your logic) NOT in the Hub..... Connect it directly to a free USB Port on Computer. What is result ?
Good Luck !
2021-04-25 13:59
Mossman
Thanks for getting back to us. :)

I think trying the latest upgrades maybe a good idea...we did try the arduino taken into a spare usb port at the back of the mother board off the hub. It still pushed number 8 ovh off we tried several rebbots and restarts. but still same issue. once reconnected as previous and rebooted back to 8 again.
.....I think we should try the updates were on 7.10

will let you know how we went..

Kind Regards
Paul Moss
2021-05-01 08:57
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Paul

I looking forward to your report if this helps !

Just NOTE !!!!!

For 8.0.2 and for the Beta you need Firmware Updates ! ( Done automaticly like always)
BUT
If you plan to downgrade to your current 7.10.x again this can occure in trouble...... Means you must delete the Boards (EEPROM) and must flash the new Firmware maybe again.

In that case..... Make a BACKUP of your MFMC Device Settings ( One for each used Mega)
Then Downgrade is just some minutes. Without Backup in whorst case you need to create all the devices once again !
Good Luck !
2021-05-01 09:49
icon