MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
hrings
Can anyone help me with the offsets for the Audiopanels. I am unable to find them in the list.
I would like to have the light in the switches when selected.
I have found the Event ID for the switches mut missing toose for the lights
HenningR
2020-12-30 17:26
pizman82
Supporter
Simply use the SEARCH within the lists in your FSUIPC Folder....

For PMDg internal.....

iconQuote:

6C00 12 DWORD x 3 COMM_ReceiverSwitches (3) Bit flags for selector
receivers (see ACP_SEL_RECV_VHF1 etc)

and

iconQuote:

65E2 3 BYTE x 3 COMM_SelectedMic(3) Array: 0=capt, 1=F/O,
2=observer.
Values: : 0=VHF1 1=VHF2
2=VHF3 3=HF1 4=HF2
5=FLT 6=SVC 7=PA

FSUIPC Standard....

iconQuote:

3122 1 Radio audio switches. Read/write bit settings as follows:
2^7 COM1 transmit
2^6 COM2 transmit
2^5 COM receive both
2^4 NAV1 sound
2^3 NAV2 sound
2^2 Marker sound
2^1 DME sound
2^0 ADF1 sound

Not feel atacked.... But it takes me just 2 minutes to search this and copy paste it.....
Pretty sure less time as you need to write your request.
ALL Offsets are listed..... So please use SEARCH next time in those documents !
Good Luck !
2020-12-31 04:52
hrings
Yes that I found, but as Stupid I am concern to programming it does not tell me a bit on how to put this into MF.
Yes I can the basic of it like put in an offset and make the normal config but thats all.
How to use this info is for me completely Chineese
HenningR
2020-12-31 13:38
pizman82
Supporter
I not understand.
All information is clearly there. Like in every other Offset. WHAT do you not understand ?

The PMDG Offsets are Combinded Offsets. Means one for each System.

E.g.
iconQuote:

6C00 12 DWORD x 3 COMM_ReceiverSwitches (3) Bit flags for selector
receivers (see ACP_SEL_RECV_VHF1 etc)

Offset 6C00 .... With 12 Bytes Including a DWORD ( Doubleword means a 4 Byte INT Offset) ..... And thats x3 Means 3 Offsets with 4 Bytes each.
The 3 "parts" represent the 3 Radios.... Cause you got one on CPT Side.... Another on FO Side and 3rd BACKUP in the Overhead.
As written the "Bit" Sequence you can see if you look in the Offset of ACP_SL_RECV_VHF1.

iconQuote:

65E2 3 BYTE x 3 COMM_SelectedMic(3) Array: 0=capt, 1=F/O,
2=observer.
Values: : 0=VHF1 1=VHF2
2=VHF3 3=HF1 4=HF2
5=FLT 6=SVC 7=PA

Here the Same.... A 3 Byte Offset for 3 Things.... Means 1 Byte INT for each.... Offset 65E2 is Captain Side.... Offset 65E3 is FO.... Offset 65E4 is Observer (Overhead)
If Value is "0" the VHF1 Mic is active.... If Value is 1 the VHF2 is active and so on.

The FSUIPC Offset et least is "Bitwise" . You see in case of the 2^x numbers.
Here you read Offset 3122 1 BYte INT .... The first Bit on the Right ( Bit#0) represent ADF1 The second Bit ( Bit#1) represent DME
You use the Bitmask Feature in MF here.
Just NOTE: The Output Value is a 2^x Value.... So if e.g. Bit no 4 is active this looks like "0001 0000" And thats in Decimal a value of 16
So also if you read only one Bit in Mobiflight.... The Output Value is 16 not 1 !
[Last edited by pizman82, 2020-12-31 19:37]
Good Luck !
2020-12-31 19:31
hrings
Thanks
I have read all the articles I could find that both you and Stephan has published for this subject
but I am still confused.
To program COM2 receive on Capt. Audio Panel ?
On the FCUIPC page in MF, to program to activate the button for Com 2 you make one config with event ID70372 to program the switch which should be straight forward.
but then you have to make another config to get the light in that button to function and here it stops,. ( what is the bit for vhf 1 and 2 Receive)
I see that in Offset 3122 the com receive is not mentioned for VHF 1 and VHF 2 receive, but for Nav 2 it is 2^4 How is that programmed in the Mask Value
Is it put in om Mask Value with 0xFF as 0x16 but in this case it is similar on both decimal and hex, but is it Hex that is to be used here?
As I understand it should be the 4 bit that is true(1) but how to put all in MF, both on the FSUIPC page and what about the compare and display page.
I am sorry that a stupid man can ask more than 10 wise men can answer, but I try.
HenningR
[Last edited by hrings, 2021-01-03 12:24]
2021-01-01 18:48
pizman82
Supporter
Verry Confusing now... :blush:

I think you now mix a lot of things. Specialy the Bit System is a own section. You should read Stephans tutorial about Values ( in the Tutorial section)

Whatever.... I think i understand your main Problem. There is a missing Offset in the PMDG737..... You have no Offset for the LED what Mode is active in the ACP.

For example in the PMDG 777 there is....
iconQuote:

65BC 3 BYTE x 3 COMM_SelectedRadio(3) 0: VHFL 1: VHFC 2: VHFL 3: HFL 5: HFR

So if THAT was the question..... In PMDG737 you can not directly read the Status of that LED where you select VHF1 VHF2 VHF3 and so on.
Here we must wait for a Hotfix ( Waiting since 4 Years and no comment till now) ..... OR we need to build thy with a custom Offset and a own logic.
Good Luck !
2021-01-03 14:28
hrings
So it is quite impossible to use the offsets in FSUIPC folder to get that to work??
HenningR
2021-01-03 21:01
pizman82
Supporter
There exist no FSUIPC Standard Offset.... Cause this is a PMDG Internal System.

As i know the only solution at the moment is to Build a CUSTOM System
By the way.... We not only talk about the LED..... We also talk about the Display itself.
In PMDG we can not read that Frequency Display itself..... We need to read COM1, COM2 and so on from FSUIPC Standard Offset List.
To define WHAT Offset we read we would need a Information WHAT System is currently active in the virtual PMDG.

So in B777 and B747 that work.... In B737 not....
Means also to show the frequency we would need a indicator.... So we need to build it ourself. ( The same indicator then is used to light also the LED on that Buttons)

How to do.....

Instead of sending a Event ( with that Buttons) to PMDG ( and controll the virtual PMDG VHF1 VHF2 Buttons and so on) we will write with these buttons a Custom Offset.
E.g. Offset 66C0 .... VHF1 set it to "0" VHF2 set it to 1 .VHF3 set it to 2 and so on.
THEN we can say for example in the Display.... IF Custom Offset is 0 then show COM1 .... IF Custom Offset = 1 then show COM2 ......
And also the LED work same way.... The VHF1 ButtonLED light if that Custom Offset is 0 .... the VHF2 light if custom offset is 1 and so on.

Only Disadvantage:
IF you like to use the PMDG Encoder Input then you must get sure at systemstart that PMDG is sync with your Homecockpit and you need to fire the PMDG Events additionaly!
Means you need to load a state that have VHF1 Active .... OR you need to press one time the VHF1 button (Whatever it is still in use) to get sure also the virtual cockpit use it!
Good Luck !
2021-01-05 17:46
hrings
Thanks Pizman82.
I appreciate the answer but I see that this is a bit to complicated for and old airline jockey to understand and find solutions to solve it.
But as I said Thank You for the try.
HenningR
2021-01-06 11:11
hrings
Again Pizman82.
If you should mask a(one) value according to flw.
f.inst Nav 1 Sound: How will that look in the Config Wizard page. I guess that will be in the FSUIPC Page and in the Mask value with and possibly also in Transform $ ?????

3122 1 Radio audio switches. Read/write bit settings as follows:
2^7 COM1 transmit
2^6 COM2 transmit
2^5 COM receive both
2^4 NAV1 sound
2^3 NAV2 sound
2^2 Marker sound
2^1 DME sound
2^0 ADF1 sound
HenningR
2021-01-07 14:56
pizman82
Supporter
To understand this you need a little knowledge about the binary system ! ( Google or read Stepans Guide)

Also we must split between INPUT and OUTPUT.

A Input is pretty simple:
You can write the whole BYTE ( With a Decimal Number 0-255) . Here you use the preselected setting ( All Bits are hooked when you click on Bitmask) ..... means the whole Byte is selcted.
If you like to write only a single BIT then you get into the Bitmask Filed and disable ALL Hooks except the one you need.
In your example.... The NAV1 Sound is 2^4 ... Means BIT no#4 means the 5th Bit from the right (cause Bits start at zero)
The Value is "1" for ON and "0" for OFF.

A Output looks a bit more difficult.... Cause Mobiflight work "strange" here.... But finaly logical if you understand binary counting.
Basicly we do the same.... If you select all 8 Bits ( like preselected) then you rede the whole Byte.
If you like to read only ONE Bit then you do the same like in Input.... You disable all Hooks except the one you need.

Lets use again NAV1 for example:
The Problem: If you only read this Bit.... Then It show us the Result like a Byte ( bad i know)
Lets say NAV1 is ON ... Binary the Offset is xxx1 xxxx . ( Mobiflight ignore the other 7 bits you disabled.
BUT .... It export the Result like a byte with Zeros for the non used Bits.... So. 0001 0000 . And thats recalculated in Decimal 16

For a LED this is no Problem.... Cause a LED is OFF at "0" and it is ON at every other number 1 or greater.
BUT If you work with Formulas or Preconditions then we must think about that disadvantage.
So here you need to say in a formula e.g. IF Value is Bigger then 0 ...or you say .... IF Value = 16 ( Instead of If Value is 1)

In easy words... In Input Bitwise we talk only about 1 and 0 .... In Output Off is also "0" but ON is the 2^X Decimal Value.
Bit0=1
Bit1=2
Bit2=4
Bit3=8
Bit4=16
Bit5=32
Bit6=64
Bit7=128

Just reply and ask more deeply if you need specific informations !
Good Luck !
2021-01-07 15:19
hrings
Can you show me for one of the lines (f.inst Nav 1) how it will look in MF Connector pages.
I think I begin to understand the logic, but a little sceptic about the disable all Hooks and the set up in Mask value with and more options
HenningR
2021-01-10 22:18
pizman82
Supporter
I have no screenshots here at the moment.
This can be done in a discord seasson if you like.... with shared screen.

Basicly i not understand on what point your sceptik !

As i said.... If you like to set a BIT ( On Offsets like the explaned who work with a bitwise logic) then you simply click on the "Bitmask" button and then you see all Bits!
( in a 1 Byte Size Config it show 8 Bits.... 2 Byte Offsets will show 16 Bits.... and 4 BYte show 32 Bits )

I explane above how you can define the correct one.
You like a example for NAV1.....
It is listed as "2^4" .... So it´s BIT No# 4 .... Means the 5th Bit from the right ( cause it start at Bit#0) .

Simply activate ONLY this checkmark and disable all others.....

This means that your config only handle that specific Bit.... Writing in a Input or Reading in a Output.
No Magic !
Good Luck !
2021-01-11 18:45
hrings
It sounds so wonderful easy when you try to explain but
as soon as I dive into it it is not.
You say just click on the bitmask button (sound easy) but not to me
Where in MF is that (xxxxxx) button,
Is it called something els or ????????
HenningR
[Last edited by hrings, 2021-01-15 00:35]
2021-01-14 16:25
pizman82
Supporter

This is a screenshot from a Older Mobiflight Version .... And it´s german. But the basic information can be see there.

Its the area " Maskiere Wert mit" There is written "0xFFFF" . And right it is a button with "...."
You can enter the needed "Bitmask" by insert the HExadecimal Value in the field ( where on the picture 0xFFFF is selected)
OR you click on the "...." button. There you open a new window with all single bits and checkmarks !
Good Luck !
2021-01-15 12:48
icon