MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Chiquilabroyeuse
Hi all !

First of all, thank you so much for this incredible tool.

I have a problem, i've seen that i'm not the only one, but I wasn't able to find the solution in various topics.

I connect a push button to my arduino with MobiFLight (nothing else), start FSX, and then push my button :thumbup: ! ('A' button on the PMDG777 MCDU for example).
ANd then, two events are sent 'AA' instead of 'A' :( :scared:

I've checked all my config in mobiflight and FSUIPC but didn't find any solution :(

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thank you so much and have a great week-end !

Ugo
2020-11-14 12:51
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

At first confirm you not did any misstake.... E.g. the button is used in 2 configs and both send a "a" . OR Do you also create a RELEASE in that config ? So one "a" is from the press..... the other from the release.

If this is not the reason then try ADMIN Mode. We get some reports that different Modes are Problematic.

Important: BOTH Programms.... The Sim (FSX) and Mobiflight must run in SAME mode.... Admin or NonAdmin for both.
I personaly recommend using ADMIN Mode for every Programm at all time. But this is just personal. So give it a try and use it !

EDIT: And for Sure.... try a RESTART. If you upload a new device to a Mega this can technical always occure in a issue directly after. So i recommend to retart Boards if there is a problem..... Like every other electrical part ( TV, Computer and so on) If something is wrong the first action is to Shotdown, wait a minute and start again.
Good Luck !
2020-11-14 14:17
Chiquilabroyeuse
Hi !

Thank you so much for your support

I confirm that I only set a "On press" function and nothing on release.

I've just tried with both FSX and Mobilfight in Admin mode and .. It's better ! But still not perfect :(

When I press a button, sometimes one event is sent, sometimes two, and sometimes.. three !

More problematic, when i remain pressed on the button, it sends the event several times, as long as I stay pressed ...
the proble maybe come from there ?

I've worked hard making this PCB for FMGS module, and look forward to use it, if anyone can help :D

https://ibb.co/frZLjQw

THanks everybody and have a nice week-end !

Ugo
[Last edited by Chiquilabroyeuse, 2020-11-22 16:30]
2020-11-22 16:10
pizman82
Supporter
Strange.
MF have no repeater.... technical it´s not possible to send key multiple times while holding.
Here something is wrong!
Good Luck !
2020-11-23 18:23
icon