MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
kklee6
HI,

I am new to Mobiflight.

I am trying to programme a switch to swap COM1 active stby frequencies but i was not able to find the FUIPC preset.

Is there any other ways to programme it.

Many thanks.

KK
2020-11-19 14:39
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
Welcome.

The Presets are just a little help to speedup the creating process. Basicly these are just prefilled Formulas. You can create all Configs also by hand.
All you need is to know the corrct Offsets or Events.

I not know if FS2020 still support that as a Offset or a Event. Always remember.... FS2020 is still Beta. So this is not the fault of MF.

Here are the "old" Offsets and Events from the past.... you can try if you like....

Event : 66372 COM_STBY_RADIO_SWAP

Offset:
3123 1 Radio Use/Standby swap toggles, Write bits to operate toggles.
Don’t bother to read it, there’s no meaning to anything read.
2^3 COM1 swap
2^2 COM2 swap
2^1 NAV1 swap
2^0 NAV2 swap
Good Luck !
2020-11-19 19:39
kklee6
Thank you so much for your reply.
Will try the swap switch with your suggested method.
But it seems that the transponder buttons may not work.:cry:

Many thanks.
KK
2020-11-20 01:54
pizman82
Supporter
:confused:
Why do we talk about Transponder Buttons ? Your requet was about Com/Nav Swap ???
Good Luck !
2020-11-20 18:34
kklee6
Oh sorry . In fact I was trying to figure how COM swap switch and also transponder buttons to work.
With your advice, I was able to get the swap switch working fine.
And I read the old posts and knew that transponder buttons are not supported.

BTW, are there offsets for COM1 and COM2 radio on/off?
In the C152 and classic C172, there are rotary switches to turn on/off and turn the volume up.

Thanks again.
KK
2020-11-21 13:35
pizman82
Supporter
In the Old Sims FSX and P3D this was all not possible.... But sure... We not know what will be implement into FS2020 ( or better FSUIPC) in the future.

Volume i think no.... Cause COM is simply a part of the Main Audio Signal of the Sim. Also Highend AddOns as i know not simmulate these Volume Potentiometers.... E.g. In PMDG they are Dummys in the Virtual Cockpit.

Transponder.... Here i hope they include it... Cause the 4 Encoder Transponders are "stoneage". All Modern Aircrafts work with Keypad Transponders!
Here i think we can still do it. This is my Winter Project to Build it with current FSUIPC and Mobiflight. As i know also Sebastian work on it.

COM OFF..... Also not possible in the past.... Maybe in the fututre. Ask Pete Dowson :-)
This can not be done perfectly.... But i can offert pretty sure a "Dummy Solution". So we can set the Display Blank if your switch in OFF..... But you will hear the Sound already.
We could swap Frequency to a "uncommon" Number if you know one.... So If you press OFF COM1 is set to xxxxx where no ATIS or Airport is on.... Then its quiet, too.
Good Luck !
2020-11-21 18:02
kklee6
Pizman,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Sorry. I have one more question.

Is there a way to programme the 5-position selector for transponder?

At least for "On", "Off" and "Active"

"TEST" and "STBY" may not work.

Apologize for so many questions.
KK
2020-11-22 05:06
pizman82
Supporter
In easy words....
A Multi Position rotary switch is the same technical like a row of single buttons..... The Position it is currently set is a "Pressed" Button..... all other Positions are like released Buttons.

So 5 Positions mean you wire GRD ( Middle of switch) to Arduino GRD..... And you wire the 5 used Positions ( each a Pin) with 5 wires to 5 Pins on the Mega ( Eg. Pin 10-14)
In Mobiflight you create on that Pins 5 time a BUTTON Device and Upload it.

In Conncetor Software you create 5 Configs.... Each use as Typ "Button" and use one of the Devices you create.
All Configs use ON PRESS the command you need. Pretty sure you will use for all Configs the Same Offset ( Or Event if you prefer this). Just the Value / parameter change.

So if you turn your Button to POS1 then THAT "button" is pressed. This Press is detected by Mobiflight and your config that use this "button" now execute its Press Command. Means it tell the Sim to set the XPDR Selector to exact THAT position !
Good Luck !
2020-11-23 18:40
icon