MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
pizman82
Supporter
DISCORD Please !
Good Luck !
2020-10-06 00:36
sisoffi
sorry pizman but I don't like discord, I don't find it practical with everyone writing in the same chat.
This is an official forum where someone with the same problem can find all problems and possible solutions in some time

I found a way to upload the photo to you. Here

thank you

2020-10-12 09:22
sisoffi
2020-10-12 12:39
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Simone,

you're right, in Discord you have normally public chats, as you described

BUT

you also have possibility to use the private chats with your opposite, you can switch to a speech chat and there you can share your screens. So you can discuss your individual things with the persons you want. Also chats with more than one at the same time (like teamspeak) are possible. You should give it a try.
Grüße,
Stephan
2020-10-12 15:19
sisoffi
iconStephanHo:

Hi Simone,

you're right, in Discord you have normally public chats, as you described

BUT

you also have possibility to use the private chats with your opposite, you can switch to a speech chat and there you can share your screens. So you can discuss your individual things with the persons you want. Also chats with more than one at the same time (like teamspeak) are possible. You should give it a try.

I didn't know about this opportunity, thank you for telling me
2020-10-12 16:30
pizman82
Supporter
Sorry for missunderstanding:

I not mean you must go to Discord....

"Discord please" was the awnser to your question the topic before
iconQuote:

I want to send you pics video but seem very difficult to post it inthis forum.
What can i do to document with them?

Stephan already clear up the situation:

I agree. Discord is not the best for a puplic problem. Here the Forum is more profitable so other people can see this if they get the same problem.

But for a "discussion" and troubleshooting the forum is bad cause each posting take 1-2 hrs until the other see it and again 1-2 hrs until i see the reply.
Here a "chat" is much more better. And like Stephan said. Shared screen and Voice/Headset in a Private Chat is 1000 times faster to talk about a specific problem.
Sure.... Finaly it is a good deal to write down the solution also once agin here in forum for the other users, too !
Good Luck !
2020-10-13 01:03
sisoffi
thank you piezman and stephan to clarify discord.

So about my picture posted days ago, have you a solution or something try to test?

thanks,
Simone
2020-10-13 17:23
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

This Picture is strange !

But the problem is i can not tell you directly the issue. Thats why i ask for Discord..... With shared screen i not only see the picture.... I would also see the config itself and can ask you to press e.g. the test button for me.

So.... This can be a hardware issue! But this also can be a Config Issue.

Make it easy....

Please start Mobiflight.
Then go to FILE and NEW.
In this "empty" config you create just ONE Output Config. Let Preselected Data as it is ( Offset 0000 1 BYte INT) . Go to Display Tab and choose in the dropdown the Display we talk about.
Choose the needed Diggits
Then press TEST in the Display Tab ( NOT the test next to Run button) .
Does the Display NOW show 12345 or does it again show this stupid symbols and a 5 on the right ?

If Symbols ..... Thats a Hardwire or Wire issue
If 12345..... Then The Display is fine and the Problem is a Software/ Config Issue !
Good Luck !
2020-10-14 00:04
sisoffi
EDIT by PIZMAN82..... Rework the Picture Links..... Please use correct ones next time !

Hi Pizman,
in the end I decided to replace the normal digits instead original ones which, among other things, in case of breakage, I could replace them without problems.

In the meantime the developer has also sent me the ipc.lvars for the 5 displays of the fuel quantity, but as usual other problems.
In my lvars for outputs file I assigned some free offsets to the ipc and then I announced them as you see below.
Everything ok in the outputs I see the values but not correct. Only two of these are correct (the gross weight and the right tanks)

from MaddogX.lua

-- ############### FQTY
function md_ipc_fuelleft (varname, value) ipc.writeSTR(0x693A, value) end
function md_ipc_fuelright (varname, value) ipc.writeSTR(0x693B, value) end
function md_ipc_fuelcenter (varname, value) ipc.writeSTR(0x693C, value) end
function md_ipc_fueltotal (varname, value) ipc.writeSTR(0x693D, value) end
function md_ipc_weight (varname, value) ipc.writeSTR(0x693E, value) end

-- ############### FQTY
event.Lvar("md_ipc_fuelleft", lvps, "md_ipc_fuelleft") -- (string) | offset = 0x693A | type = string | size = STR, 4 | substring 0 - 4
event.Lvar("md_ipc_fuelright", lvps, "md_ipc_fuelright") -- (string) | offset = 0x693B | type = string | size = STR, 4 | substring 0 - 4
event.Lvar("md_ipc_fuelcenter", lvps, "md_ipc_fuelcenter") -- (string) | offset = 0x693C | type = string | size = STR, 4 | substring 0 - 4
event.Lvar("md_ipc_fueltotal", lvps, "md_ipc_fueltotal") -- (string) | offset = 0x693D | type = string | size = STR, 5 | substring 0 - 5
event.Lvar("md_ipc_weight", lvps, "md_ipc_weight") -- (string) | offset = 0x693E | type = string | size = STR, 5 | substring 0 - 5

this is what i see in virtual cockpit

this is the output values from mobiflght

this is the settings

Is correct what i do?
thank you
Simone
[Last edited by pizman82, 2020-10-20 02:31]
2020-10-18 18:10
pizman82
Supporter
I´m not a professional programmer.... And i not know if this code is from Maddog Team of your own.

Basicly this makes no sense.

These are STRINGS..... You define the length of Strings ( 4 or 5 ) but the adresses are 1 Bytes.

iconQuote:

event.Lvar("md_ipc_fuelleft", lvps, "md_ipc_fuelleft") -- (string) | offset = 0x693A | type = string | size = STR, 4 | substring 0 - 4
event.Lvar("md_ipc_fuelright", lvps, "md_ipc_fuelright") -- (string) | offset = 0x693B | type = string | size = STR, 4 | substring 0 - 4

If the Data on 693A is a STRING with length 4 ( size = STR, 4) then the NEXT Offset can not start 1 byte behind at 693B
The First is 693A -693B - 693C - 693D ..... So the next free Byte for the follow Offset is 693E
Good Luck !
2020-10-20 02:25
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2