MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Ilirio
Hi everybody,

I have recently started with flight simulation and therefore with building cockpits. Last week I got my Arduino and some assorted electronic components and I succeeded with a variation of the Parking Brake tutorial (with beacon lights in my case) and also adding a rotary encoder for AP Altitude.

Now I would like to complete the AP panel (something more or less MSFS2020 generic, although by now I'm using A320 and KingAir 350i) and also build a MC/MW reset panel, and here comes the problem... I have read maybe too much and I don't know where to start.

If I'm not mistaken for generic models there is no offset for these signals so I must collect all Warn/Caution conditions and somehow aggregate them. OK, but here is where I'm starting to get lost, because I have read something about using LUA programming to do so (I figure that using FSUIPC SDK to generate a single custom offset to handle in Mobiflight), but also using preconditions in Mobiflight directly... and as I said, I don't know where to start!!!

And bonus question, assuming that I manage to build the annunciators, are there any offsets for the reset? I couldn't find them.

Thank you for your help!

Jorge
2020-10-18 14:13
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

iconIlirio:

..... and also build a MC/MW reset panel, and here comes the problem... I have read maybe too much and I don't know where to start.

Simply NOT start in the middle.... Start at the beginning :P

The Warning Lights ( Like Voltage, Oil, temp and so on) are verry advanced!
Hopefully The Dowsons make this better in there FSUIPC7 for FS2020. In FSX and P3D there exist no Offsets for those lights and we hve to build thisy systems by hand.
A LUA Script is not needed.... You can also do it via Mobiflight.
The key here is to KNOW when a LED must be ON. We can not read the Virtual LED (in the past) BUT we can read all raw data.
For example if OIL LED light if Engine Oil pressure is below xxx then we simply read the Offset of that Oil Pressure and make a condition like " If Value is below xxx then 1 ELSE 0 "

I recommend.....
For the first you should park this project.... Build more easy things. And always remember!!!! FSUIPC7 is BETA. Lots of Offets are not exist a.t.m.
If you like to try..... Google and use Forum search. Find out when the LED must be ON and what Value ( e.g. Oil Pressure) you need to read.
If you got all Raw Offsets.... And you know when they must be ON ..... Then i can support you to build formulas !
Good Luck !
2020-10-20 02:11
Ilirio
Thank you for your advice.

For sure I will focus on my autopilot and lights panels as I compile the caution/warning conditions (and may be I will try a concept test). However, which it shouldn't be difficult to implement is the warning/caution reset, as long as there is an offset to do so. Do you know if it has been already included (or if it is expected to be in the near future)?
2020-10-22 20:53
pizman82
Supporter
Do we talk about the INPUT or the OUTPUT ?

If you like to readout the LED Value of the Master Caution ? Or do you like to set the Button to "reset" the warning ?

Basicly i can not test those things cause as i told multiple times i not use the FS2020 until it will be out of Beta Status. It´s bad to see Videos of that fantastic Sim every day and not be able to fly there..... But i also not like to feel kidding every day if things not work as they should !
And i also can not tell you if something will be implement finaly.... Cause not Mobiflight do this ( MF is still fully finished to work with FS2020) . All problems occure in case FSUIPC is not finished. So the question must be adressed to Pete Dowson !

Whatever.... YOU can already do the needed testings to awnser your questions.

For INPUTS .... Simply activate the "logging" mode in FSUIPC. Use a function with the mouse in the virtual Cockpit.... E.g press the reset Button of the Master Caution.
Then check the Logging..... If this is a existing Event this will be listed there. Then you can use the same Event in Mobiflight.
For OUTPUT.... Use the included LIST in FSUIPC. Search it ( STRG-F) for the function.... Then you see if there exist a Offset. NOTE.... Check the Color ! In the FSUIPC7 List Pete dowson use a colorcode.... For example all things that are RED are not working !
Good Luck !
2020-10-23 04:40
icon