MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
burbman
Hi,
I am really sorry to ask for help and even more sorry if it has been asked before.

But since i have updated to 7.8.3, my mega's aren't seen anymore. If i use the older versions they are there and can be used but I am having the syntax errors so don't save.

I have uploaded the EEPROM to the boards through the ardiuno program and then it works, but once i've closed Mobiflight they dont work/aren't seen again.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Joseph
2020-07-30 01:02
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

In case of a Problem from the past ( User report a Mega was showed twice) Sebastian include a little code part to prevent this. "maybe" this solution occure now in other problems for some of the users.

At the moment we heard about a strange solution..... 2 User report they can solve this issue by clicking on " /HELP/ Check for Updates" Whatever the upcoming message tell you there is no Update (cause you still use 7.8.3. latest version)..... It looks like THEN (after closing this message) the Modules are found again.
THIS must be done on every systemstart.

1. Please test this and if it work use it as a "temporary solution" and REPORT us to confirm this theory!

2. If it work for you please be so kind and observe this topic. We need pretty sure some people who like to BETA Testing the next version..... and here we specialy need people who got this Bug.

Thank you and apollogy for your trouble !
Good Luck !
2020-07-30 01:55
burbman
Thank you very much for this solution... it for some reason did work!
I have been very down because I couldn't use my overhead... I am very happy this works, even with this work around.

Once again thank you very much!
2020-07-30 18:51
burbman
oh I forgot to add I would be happy to beta test for the next version if required.

Joseph
2020-07-30 18:52
Vendelbo
Hi

I could not get that solution to work

What work for me is to start Arduino IDE and upluad an empte skecth to Mega and then exit Arduino IDE when done. Start MF and update the Mega's when MF ask if it should do it

This has to be done before each MF start-up

/Peter
/ Peter Vendelbo
2020-08-03 08:04
IFLYA320
Hi!

I can confirm the Solution with the help/update.
2020-08-03 16:39
pizman82
Supporter
@ Vendelbo.

Sorry again for that trouble . I real hope Sebastian find time to fix this a.s.a.p.

For your problem. Please try to run MF as ADMIN.
As i said i don´t know WHY this clicking on "Help/ Check Updates " work..... But it looks it solve problem for all users ( except you)
Good Luck !
2020-08-03 21:00
DocMoebiuz
Hi guys, sorry for the trouble. I am looking into the problem and I hope I can find the reason soon.
I am actually trying to make the board enumeration (scanning what boards are connected and if they are mobiflight boards or other arduinos) more stable, and I also want to make sure that we don't have the issue anymore where we have one module show up twice.

Please bare with me... I hope to fix it by the next weekend.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2020-08-03 22:48
Mach_078
Hello guys,

I've had the same issue. Fortunately, the "check for update" trick solved the problem.
All the 6 arduinos connected to MF were found again and correctly uploaded.
(Note : MF is run as administrator)

I'm pretty sure Sebastian will find the clue for those who are still in trouble.
All the best.

J.-C.
2020-08-05 18:14
icon