MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Gonsey
I have 2 arduino megas working with mobiflight.
1 for mip leds working perfectly
1 pedestal with 7 segment displays max 7219 i have confiqured the first 4 working perfectly with no problems.
I wire up and plug in a fifth setting up the 3 pins in the dropdown list din cs clk upload the config that says upload ok.
I then add the config line, open the display tab i select the pedestal board but the module dropdown is blank and when i go back to the main config tab the pedestal is there but the other 4 modules have dissapeared.
I have tried 4 different Max 7219 boards but the same happens everytime i try to add a fifth module.
None are daisy chained all individual and i have tried adding a 12 volt psu on the arduino with no luck
Please help
2020-07-11 22:27
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Gonsey,

MF only can manage 4 individual MAX-Lines per board / module, independent of having a chain or not. If you try a 5th individual (single) MAX on a module, this would not work.
Try it on another module or chain the 5th to one of the other 4 ones. Do not forget to remove the 5. Display in the board setup.
Grüße,
Stephan
2020-07-11 23:02
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
Do i understand correct you try to create this 5th Display Device on the SAME Mega you still create the other 4 ??

If yes this is NOT possible. There is a maximum of FOUR Max-Systems on a Board. Each of this 4 Systems can be a single MaxChip or a Chain up to 8 Chips in a row.....
So you can in theory connect up to 32 Max7219 to ONE Mega..... By using 4x8 Rows.

Solution:
Set the 5th Display in a Chain to one of the other 4 Chips.... So you have 1x2 and 3x1..... OR Set the 5th Max Chip to another Mega. Each Mega can handle 4 Devices!
Good Luck !
2020-07-11 23:09
icon