MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
pluckas
Supporter
My brain is trying to untangle the new gear lever functions in the NGXu. In the NGX I was able to use the basic three events for 'down', 'up' and 'off' for my gear lever which uses micro switches for these three positions. However, NGXu has slightly different arrangement of events, requiring the red trigger 'unlock' to be activated when retracting the gear.

I guess there's a few ways to tackle this. I thought I'd try the simplest, which is to define the keyboard "G" for the new 'gear' event, but it doesn't appear to work.

Essentially, I need to use the three new NGXu gear lever events (below) with a gear lever that has three microswitches for up, down and off.

EVT_GEAR_LEVER 70087
EVT_GEAR_LEVER_OFF 74183
EVT_GEAR_LEVER_UNLOCK 74184

Any thoughts?
2020-07-05 15:07
pizman82
Supporter
I not test myself....

On first view so just a idea. You must check if it work

Gear UP and DOWN via EVT Gear Lever..... Maybe Parameter 0/1----- 0/2 --------- Left/Rightclick --------- Mousewheel UP/Down
Gear in OFF via EVT Gear Lever Off .... Leftclick hopefully

In theory i would ignore the Unlock system cause not needed.
Good Luck !
2020-07-06 02:35
pluckas
Supporter
I think the lock override trigger is incorrectly modelled in the NGXu, see:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-ngxu-for-prepar3d-v4/27379-landing-gear-handle

At the moment the only way to go from "off" to "up" (or from "down" to "up") is to invoke the unlock event, as if you were 'pulling' the red trigger in real life. You can see it in the virtual cockpit too - if you try to use the mouse to move the lever.

However, as I said, I don't think this is correct, even in the real plane.

Paul
2020-07-06 10:34
pizman82
Supporter
I don´t know....

Basicly it make sense also in real plane..... We need to ask a real Pilot for this.
Maybe in real plan to avaid a moving by mistake the Pilot MUST use this lock system, too.
If Yes then PMDG just simmulate NOW the system more realistic !

Whatever.... If the "lock" is needed.... You can simply simulate it.
Every Button got also a release....
Why not set to the release a command that "enable" the lock via EventID EVT_GEAR_LEVER_UNLOCK 74184
Parameter maybe Leftclick ( you need to try)

Logic.... A Button Press ( of each button) execute the needed thing.... Like Set Gear to pos xxx !
If you move the lever then you release the current Button before you finaly move it to the new position.
So if you use for each of the 3 Buttons "on release" the "Unlock Event" then you simulate a usage of the unlock system everytime you begin a moving.

Please try out !
Good Luck !
2020-07-06 13:59
pluckas
Supporter
I don't believe the override trigger is used in normal operation - the handle is simply pulled and released. Ground maintenance and other reasons exist for the trigger.

I like your idea, I'll give it a try.
2020-07-06 14:22
pluckas
Supporter
Hmmmm, this is proving harder than I thought. Even with the trigger 'pulled' the NGXu's gear lever wants to stop at 'off', and won't go all the way to 'up' in one movement. I've tried a variety of combinations of events and parameters without success. I also tried defining a keyboard command in Mobiflight, as "G" is mapped to gear up in the CDU key commands of the NGX. This did not work at all - is this feature working in mobiflight?

A simple 3 switch gear lever worked well in the NGX, so this will surely affect others who move to the NGXu and have a similar mechanical gear lever.

Paul
[Last edited by pluckas, 2020-07-07 03:24]
2020-07-07 03:18
pizman82
Supporter
Maybe a improvison is doable...

Technical you use the gear only in 3 ways.... After start you Move from DOWN to UP ..... At clearup 10.000 ft ( or prior) you set it to from UP to OFF..... Finaly for Landing you move it from OFF to DOWN.
So you technical NEVER set it from UP to DOWN. OR from DOWN to OFF.

Idea:

Use for ON Release of DOWN Position GEAR UP ...... this occure in a moving to OFF as you said.... After move the switch finaly to UP there a PRESS set again Gear to UP ( Same command for a second time) ..... Hopefully this set the Gearlever now from OFF to UP.

For the OFF Position you can try two ways.... The Release from UP Position OR the Press from OFF Position
If you use the Release from UP then in theory 2 Pushbuttons should be enough and also simulate the OFF System..... The Button in the middle position is finaly not needed then.

Try Out !
Good Luck !
2020-07-07 04:13
pluckas
Supporter
Solved using the following:

Gear Up: Event ID 66079 (from the FSUIPC controls list for P3Dv5). Parameter -2147483648 (right mouse button)
Gear Down: Event ID 66080 (also from the FSUIPC controls list). Parameter 536870912 (left mouse button)
Gear Off: Event ID 74183 (NGXu Event for gear off). Parameter 536870912 (left mouse button)

More than one way to do this, but the above seems negate the "trigger" and is responsive (ie, no delay at middle position).

Paul

PS - "on press" inputs only. No "on release" events necessary with the above.
2020-07-07 07:53
pizman82
Supporter
iconpluckas:

Gear Up: Event ID 66079 (from the FSUIPC controls list for P3Dv5). Parameter -2147483648 (right mouse button)
Gear Down: Event ID 66080 (also from the FSUIPC controls list). Parameter 536870912 (left mouse button)

Nice it workes.

Just for other users..... Those Parameters are not needed !

All those FSUIPC Standard Events are "execute" Events..... means the Parameter is not needed. They do the same with Parameter 0,1,2 or any other.
Mouse Action Parameters are only need with PMDG Events !

If you like you can try out..... I´m pretty sure your Config will do exactly the same if you use for GearUP and GearDOWN Parameter "0"
ONLY in the GearOFF Event the Mouseaction is needed.... Cause THIS is a PMDG Event !
Good Luck !
2020-07-07 14:34
pluckas
Supporter
Thanks for the info - very interesting. Mobiflight requires a parameter to complete the dialog, so I just assumed it needed to be something like a mouse action.

Good stuff, thanks Peter.

Paul
2020-07-07 17:37
pizman82
Supporter
ok... May my comment was confusing

Mobiflight NEED a Parameter ! You get a error syntax if you try to let this field empty....
What i like to say is ..... For FSUIPC and the SIM those Events work without effected by the parameter.
So YES you must set a parameter in Mobiflight..... But it´s no mater if you use 0, 1 2 or 999999999
Good Luck !
2020-07-07 22:09
icon