MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
waelsalh
Greetings to all

I have been using this unique program for two years now and there are no problems except very little and they are solvable.
There are questions I would like to raise for discussion, especially with Mr. Sebastian, the owner of this program and Forum site.

- Either it is time to see a new update for this program, especially since it has been nearly 8 months since the last update…. version (7.8.2)

- The program works efficiently with (all pmdg737,777,747) in the system (P3D V 4.5), but it does not work in the system (P3D V 5). I do not know the reason....and Here, I mean (not working) all outputs annunciator panel …Please explain, and noting that I am using the program through (Wide Client).

- The use of the program with Airbus planes is not entirely clear ... With a very important note that I am not specialized in programming or developing programs (and I think that like me a lot ... but we all have a hobby of flight simulator)…So, is it possible that there is a simplified detailed explanation (Video,,, if possible) in order to develop our capabilities in the simulator and expand the use of the program with Airbus.

Thanks again
Weal Saleh
2020-07-05 16:32
pizman82
Supporter
Dear Weal Saleh

About the next patch..... here you realy need to wait until a reply from Sebastian himself.
Stephan and myself make only the support. We are NOT scripting. So for next release Sebastian is your man.

About FSUIPC6/ P3dv5
Other user still work with it. Mobifligt not see or know what sim you use. And myself i work with FSUIPC6 ... So Mobiflight is compitable as i know.
If there is a issue then it is in fsuipc itself i think.
You also talk about WideFS..... Please confirm your WideFS is also updated and compatible to FSUIPC6 !!

About Airbus.
Here again the problem is not Mobiflight.
MF simply talk to FSUIPC ! PMDG with its Boeing AddOns do this also and so we can work verry comfortable. If Airbus AddOns NOT talk to FSUIPC ( and do there own thing) this is no fault of Mobiflight and also Mobiflight can (and will) not impelemnt new features for that.
Policy is clear.... Mobiflight talk to FSUIPC so you need a AddOn ( in your case a Airbus) that is compatible with FSUIPC.
If it´s not then the "bad" scripting is needed.

Last Note: With the hotfix i 100% agree with you. Its time !
Good Luck !
2020-07-06 02:26
waelsalh
Thank you for the quick reply
As for the second paragraph (About FSUIPC6/ P3dv5)

I do not use (FSUIPC6) in (P3dv5) I still use ((FSUIPC5) in both simulators and I use the latest version of (WideFS) also in both simulator and therefore (Mobifligt) works efficiently in version 4.5 and never works in version 5 ....and here I am talking only to the annunciator panel lads ...--- Not on the keys, switch or ...etc ...they work efficiently

As for the third paragraph (About Airbus.)
I did not explain my intention completely, I did not say that the problem is with a program, but on the contrary
I am fully aware that the add-ons like Airbus, whether Aerosoft or FSLab, are not like the BMDG in the communication with the simulator, and Even though Airbus) Aerosoft or FSLab( are in communication with (FSUIPC) in some few cases Such as the Spad. Next and Linda programs... all I requested, an explanatory video if possible, for the way of communication between (Mobifligt) And Airbus because all the videos posted on YouTube do not explain this.
As for the first paragraph
I hope Mr. Sebastian will begin to upgrade this distinguished program.

Thanks
Weal Saleh
2020-07-06 09:29
pizman82
Supporter
You got 2 Issues

1. Worng FSUIPC!

iconwaelsalh:

I do not use (FSUIPC6) in (P3dv5) I still use ((FSUIPC5) in both simulators

Thats the Problem:
Check Pete Dowsons homepage..... http://www.fsuipc.com/
P3Dv4.5 is compatible to BOTH ( FSUIPC5 and FSUIPC6)
P3Dv5.x is compatible ONLY to FSUIPC6 !

Maybe some things work also with FSUIPC5 on P3Dv5 BUT official you should/must use V6 on it !

2. mixing INputs and OUTputs
LINDA is a Input System.... Inputs will work ( via FSUIPC) same way for most addons....
Also nearly each Airbus can be used via Macros, Keycommand or Joybuttons ( via LINDA) without problems

OUTPUT is different. Here Mobiflight only work with one logic.... A Output is always the readed data from a Offset.
If the AddOn not support it´s data to Offsets you can NOT use Mobiflight for it.
Only solution here is a own script ( or a external programm) that read the raw data from Sim and support it manualy to self build Offsets.
THEN Mobiflight can read this custom build offsets again and show data to LED, Displays or Motors!
Good Luck !
2020-07-06 13:52
waelsalh
good evening
Sir, I am talking about facts FSUIPC5 works very well with P3Dv5 but, after a simple trick with the dll file
As for anything else ... No comment

Have a good time
2020-07-06 15:16
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi,

it may be that FSUIPC5 works largely with P3DV5. On the Pete & Steve Dowson side, proper functioning with P3DV5 is only guaranteed with FSUIPC V6.
For us, this can only be the benchmark for MF support.
If someone, however, modifies existing software, they cannot expect support from us like someone who adheres to the directives. We can only do what official sources offer us and where we have gained experience ourselves. Familiarizing yourself with modified software would be too much to ask.
Grüße,
Stephan
2020-07-06 16:14
icon