MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
gcmoir
Hello All,

Windows 10
P3D Ver 4.5
FSUIPC Unregistered ver 6.0.8
PMDG 737NGX and 737NGXU

I'm new to this programming and I need some help. I'm building an EFIS control box. Just starting to check the function of the push button switches but not able to get them working. Let's stick with the WXR button as an example althought the result is the same for them all..
I have set it up on Mobiflight as an input and using PMDG - Event ID as the action type. the Event ID assigned is 70001. I'm using Arduino Mega. The switch is connected to Pin 41 and ground. Electrically the circuit is good. There is no response on the EFIS display when the button is pressed. The Tx light on the Arduino flashes when the button is pressed.

I have previously set up the brake LED circuit as described in the tutorial and that works on the PMDG B737.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Graeme Moir
2020-06-28 15:40
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

If you confirm the same switch (Button) still work ok with a other system ( e.g. Parking brake) then the button is from hardware side and also from MF side 100% ok.

Pretty sure your Problem i the Parameter.
the WXR Input is a "momentary Button"..... So it is not a ON OFF .
Pretty sure you use as parameter 0 or 1..... this will not work for PMDG.

In PMDG we use Mouse Parameters

So your WXR Button is controlled in VR with a single left Click..... So we need that Parameter, too !
check the last page of your EventID List.... a Left Single is parameter 536870912

NOTE:
Encoders use Mousewheel UP/DOWN ( Or in NGXu additional LeftSingle and RightSingle for a x5time turning )
Buttons use Leftclick
Switches use Parameter values like 0 for Pos1 .... 1 for Pos2 ..... 2 for Pos 3 ......3 for Pos4 and so on.
Good Luck !
2020-06-28 16:24
gcmoir
Dear Pizman,
Many thanks for your quick response to my question. Unfortunately I still cannot get this to work. I have set the devise as "Button". Action Type is "PMDG-Event ID" and the event description from the list of B737 presets is: EVT_EFIS_CP_WXR. The event ID id 70001. The Mouse Param is: MOUSE_FLAG_LEFTSINGLE
There is no response in the sim when I activate the button switch. I have tried different switch with no different result.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Graeme Moir
2020-06-29 16:07
pizman82
Supporter
Please confirm that a other PMDG input will work already..... I NOT talk about parking brake ( cause this is a standard FSX/P3D system).
Check for example some of the MCP Buttons like VNAV, LNAV, ALT HOLD or so.

If all PMDG related Inputs not work then check your FSUIPC Version and also the PMDG Version.

For a full Input/Output support your PMDG must be UpToDate and also FSUIPC should be in newest release and get sure you use the correct FSUIPC (3,4,5,6) for your used Sim!
Good Luck !
2020-06-30 02:15
gcmoir
Not having much luck at all with this. It does appear that I cannot communicate with PMDG B737. I have tried operating various switches but nothing works. To eliminate hardware issues I have tried using different switch and Arduino Mega. I have tried using Mouse Flag left single and right single.

I am using P3D V4.5
FSUIPC V6.

On the Mobiflight Connector the Modules and FSUIPC status show green. The configuration uploads to the Mega with no problem. When I press the switch the Tx light on the Mega flashes.

I'm running out of ideas.

Graeme
2020-06-30 16:42
pizman82
Supporter
As i said.... The most important fact is to confirm the switches/buttons are working basicly.

The flashing of the Lights say nothing ! That only means the Mega detect a input..... But it not garantee the Input is recived by mobiflight.

As i said in lots of topics.... You must at first check if a button is work.

3 Ways.

1. Mobiflight Logging Mode.
Enable the Logging ( so you got a 3 line Area below the Config Window) If you now press a button (while MF is running) there should be a message for the PRESS and again a Message if you release the Button/switch.
This confirm Mobiflight "see" the input.

2. By using a simple Thing that always work..... For example Parking Brake Input by EventID with a Standard Aircraft like Mooney Bravo.

3. by KEY Methode
Here you use for On Press and On Release the Typ "Key Input" .... And you choose e.g. "A" for Press and "B" for Release.
Then you Run Mobiflight and Simulator .... And you open a Text Programm like Editor and click the cursor so you can theoretic write there if you use your keyboard.
Then press the Button..... Each Press should no write there a "A" each release write "B"

If you 100% Confirm buttons work then we must again check your Software.
What Servicepack/version got your PMDG .... What Version of FSUIPC and SIM.
Do you make the INI Entry for the PMDG to enable Data Broadcast ?? ( Normaly only needed for Outputs but we must check)

EDIT: if you use DISCORD call me if i´m online there.... then i can check your system with shared screen ! Thats maybe the most effective way!
Good Luck !
2020-06-30 17:00
gcmoir
Hello Pizman,

Finally I worked it out. So simple and my stupid mistake. I was not pressing the RUN button on the Mobiflight Connector! So, when I do eventually get all the switch configurations set up and want to use my EFIS panel, I need to start Mobiflight and hit RUN for every sim session.

Many thanks for you help and sorry for wasting your time due to my mistake.

Graeme
2020-07-01 17:18
icon