MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
calibra2001
Hi,

Has anyone managed to get these offsets to work on the NGXU in Mobiflight?
6C81 1 BYTE MCP_indication_powered
true when the MCP is powered and the MCP windows are indicating
6C82 char AIR_DisplayFltAlt[6]; // Pressurization system FLT ALT window, zero
terminated, can be blank or show dashes or show test pattern
6C88 char AIR_DisplayLandAlt[6]; // Pressurization system LAND ALT window, zero
terminated, can be blank or show dashes or show test pattern

I don't seem to be getting any result, despite trying different settings. Also tested in Nuna (link2fs) still no inputs seem to be received.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Many thanks
Phil
[Last edited by calibra2001, 2020-01-26 15:58]
2020-01-02 18:25
calibra2001
All solved, I would delete this, but I can't....

Thanks
Phil
2020-05-10 10:09
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Phil

Whatever i can delete this for you..... Maybe it is more helpfull if you share your solution cause other user pretty sure can get in the same situation.

Technical comment ( Without Testing)

6C82 and 6C88 are alternate Offsets for Cruise ALT and Landing ALT in presserusation Panel. Both Offset are STRING Values with a terminating Zero.
(The Terminating Zero is needed to show a software like Mobiflight on what position the Offset Ends)
With this little "trick" we not need preconditions to show Dashes or blank..... Cause the string can include symbols like SPACE and DASH already.
Use as Datatyp "STRING" instead of INT and all shold work fine.

6C81 is a simple Boolean indication Offset..... As Written its TRUE (1) if MCP Displays are powered and FALSE (0) if unpowered.
We will now read this Offset with a Output Config ( but NOT use a device in that config like LED) Call it for example "MCPBlank"
NOW we can use this Data for Preconditios or Placeholders in Formulas.

Precondition like.... Current Displayconfig should work only if "MCPBlank"=1
Or With Placeholder you define MCPBlank as Symbol "a" and you can now use that "a" in formula to define when display should how Spaces instead of offset Value.
For example if(a=1,$,' ')

NOTE:
If a advanced User already build a Full Cockpit with PMDG NgxU ..... May you can share experience if realy all Outputs include now this functions or if we still need our own preconditions already.
Good Luck !
2020-05-10 10:44
calibra2001
Yes.
6C82 String
6C88 String

Both with selected LCD display work perfect (only in virtual cockpit),
In other views (cockpit view, spot view, etc) these offsets do not work on my overhead.
This appears to be the main problem i was having.

Set the Cruise and landing altitudes in virtual cockpit view, then go back to main view (in my case cockpit view [no instruments just scenery]).
it would be ideal if the offsets would change in all views but i think this is probably something PMDG will have to ammend.

Many thanks

Phil
2020-06-18 20:21
pizman82
Supporter
is this problem only on this 2 Inputs OR does it also happen with other Systems ??
Good Luck !
2020-06-18 23:09
calibra2001
Just seems to be these 2 offsets, the Event ID's work, but the displays don't update until Virual cockpit view.
I haven't noticed any other systems etc not working on certain views.

Many thanks

Phil
2020-06-19 08:27
pizman82
Supporter
Thats new to me.
You must explane us a bit more what happen exactly....

If you in e.g. outside view and you turn the Encoder.... Does the Display stay in current value whatever your encoders does change the value .....
So for example your Flight Alt show 10.000..... You swap to Outside view and now you durn the Encoder Rightside a bit.
WHAT Happen ?
Does your Real Display stay at 10.000 ? Does it go off ? And what happen with the virtual Value when you swap back into VC..... Does it had increase ?
And what finaly does the Real Display now.... Is it get uptodate now after swapping back or do you need to turn encoder once again so it get updated to the now higher value ?
Good Luck !
2020-06-19 13:43
calibra2001
So for example your Flight Alt show 10.000..... You swap to Outside view and now you durn the Encoder Rightside a bit.
WHAT Happen ?
The display will stay at 10,000.
If you go into virtual cockpit the display wiil update, to the new value from the turn you made in duing outside view.
Exactly the same for the Land Altitude.

Many thanks

Phil
2020-06-20 08:28
pizman82
Supporter
Interesting !

This sounds like a bug.
The only idea to solve this, at the moment for me is to use ADMIN Mode..... Sounds strange but many many problems could be solved with it.
Before you announce this Bug to PMDG and request for a hotfix please try Admin Mode and we also should get a second confirmation.
Badly i can not do the test next days..... So IF a other user with NGX"u" find time..... Please Confirm the Problem !!

Solution:

If thats a bug we need a temporary solution until they fix it ( or a permanent solution if they not like to help you) !

Idea1:
Open a new "View Window" Use Virtual Cockpit there. So Mainview is e.g. Outside ..... Second View is VC Focus to the Main View and test.
Maybe this is enough to run the Display. If not try if it change if you focus to the second view window.
Target would be, that Data is working also if Window is not focused..... If Yes you can minimize the Window in the Backround but Display work !

Idea2: Use the "old" Offset for these 2 Displays. They not include Dashes and Blanks by itself BUT can be programmed via Precondition/Placeholder in same way ( whatever a bit more difficult) .
Normaly the Old Offsets should work perfect also in external View.
iconQuote:

64E4 4 DWORD AIR_FltAltWindow
64E8 4 DWORD AIR_LandAltWindow

Good Luck !
2020-06-20 11:54
calibra2001
Hi

Idea1:
Open a new "View Window" Use Virtual Cockpit there. So Mainview is e.g. Outside ..... Second View is VC Focus to the Main View and test.
Maybe this is enough to run the Display. If not try if it change if you focus to the second view window.
Target would be, that Data is working also if Window is not focused..... If Yes you can minimize the Window in the Backround but Display work !

If i open a new "View Window" use virtual cockpit there, and mainview is outside. No Annunciators light up on the new view (doors, lcd displays, etc). even if i focus on the vc view (click on it with mouse nothing updates etc.

Idea 2 would work but i havent worked out which preconditions it would need.

Kind regards

Phil
2020-06-26 17:59
pizman82
Supporter
Thats bad if Idea 1 is not work..... i still hoped so.

For Idea 2 we must figure out the conditions.
I not build a overhead myself..... So you must support me here.... then i can give you a solution

Basicly we got 2 ways.....

A ) With Preconditions.
Here we build probably 3 Configs for the same Display.
Config 1 show always Spaces (Blank) Config 2 show always dashes (---) Config 3 show always the current value of the Display like 10000
In Preconditions we define WHEN a Config must be active and same time that the other 2 Configs must be disabled.

B ) With Placeholders
Here we got only 1 Config for the Displays.... the Definition we make with a formula in transform..... the Compare if it show spaces, dashes or numbers is done in Compare tab.
More advanced.... But more tidy in case we save 2 config entrys in mobiflight !

Both will work! ( i personaly prefer the Placeholders)

Important is to know..... WHEN exactly is WHAT Result needed. ( thats what you need to tell me)
For example you can say The Spaces ( Blank) must be only occure if Master Battery swtich is OFF.
So we make a condition for this ( Read status of master Battery Switch in a output Config)
And finaly we say in Mobiflight "Aslong that Config (who read Battery Switch) is OFF Then set the Flight Alt Display to "5x Spaces" . ( Whatever by Placeholder or Precondition)
Same for the Dashes.... you must say e.g. Dashes should be shown only if Master Battery is ON but same time GRD Power and Generators are OFF.
Finaly you must define a clear situation for the showed real Value.... Like " Only show it if a generator is ON or if GRD Power is connected.

In easy words.... If we know exactly the condition for each situation.... and if can read this condition by a config..... Then we can build a 100% realistic system with Mobiflight !
Good Luck !
2020-06-26 23:52
icon