MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
hrings
I am unable to find the offset for the test light of the CVR on 737NGX.
I found for the NGXu but cant get it to function on mine
HenningR
2020-06-15 22:03
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Henning,

you are right. In the old B737NGX this LED is only in the virtual cockpit and has no offset. Seems for PMDG it has not been important enough.
In the new NGXu this offset does exist.

Beside this LED there is a button. If you press this button ca. 3-5 sec then the LED will lit.
For the butten you need an EventID and for the LED an offset. Please look into the lists to get them. I myself does not have the NGXu
Grüße,
Stephan
2020-06-15 23:05
pizman82
Supporter
Stephan is 100% right.... Only in NGX"u" currently... And i not think this will ever be patched for the "old" ngx.

Some additional Facts.

Do we need this ?
Basicly the CVR is not simmulated.... and it makes finaly no sense.... Do you like to build a MP3 Player with a record option ? What do you record ?? Breathing for 9 hours in case 99% of Homecockpits are fly by only one Person..... And pretty sure you will never get a fatal crash with a homecockpit so there is no FAA who like to search for the tapes in your explode room :P

So.... this LED is finaly just a Dummy.... Also in the Sim. And what do we know about dummys...... they not need to be Read from the Sim..... they can be used improvisional.

Solution:
1. Buy the NGX"u" to use the simmulated LED in same way ( Not realy profitable to invest 120$ for a LED)

2. Use a easy imporivisonal system..... Not "realistic but better as a missing element. For example simply wire LED to 5V ( With Resistor) and shift the GRD through your Pushbutton..... ( No Mega no Sim Connection No Mobiflight) Result..... the LED simply light aslong you hold the button.

3. Hardware timer..... Buy/bulld a timer that light your LED for xxx seconds ( e.g. 5 sec) .... Controll this electrical part with your Button. So LED light up if you press the button and get off exactly 5 secs later ( Again no sim or mobiflight connection for this)

4. Software solution..... Mobiflight not include timer logic.... But own scripts can do this.
For example you can write a script that controll a free offset..... If virtual Button is pressed it would set the offset to "1"..... Wait for 5 seconds and write it back to "0" .
Mobiflight read this Offset and controll the LED itself !

5 Simply ignore this LED and build another part.... It´s not realy needed and also not used by real Pilots i would say.
Good Luck !
2020-06-16 02:19
hrings
Thanks both for the answer.
No I don't think it is important enough to invest in NGXu to get this. My question was only, if possible, it would be more realistic to the real aircraft, but agree there is no need
HenningR
2020-06-16 09:51
pizman82
Supporter
After read my comment again, it was maybe a bit to hard :blush:

Sure its not "needed" ..... But also the Anti colusion Light is not needed..... We not see it ourself from the cockpit and there is no other person who see our aircraft from a other spot.... So technical a lot of things are not needed.
If you fly for example without technical failures then you can in theory leave out 30% of the Overhead. If you fly Offline you can tchnical fly a direct from A to B and not need to programm the FMC.

Basicly we build the Sim to get a real experience of flying.... So your right.... Also the CVR Led is needed as every other system.
For me my Nr. 2 Solution would be the best.... LED and Button are existing and functional...... Just the optic is a "little" bit different. And it is pretty easy without scripting !
Good Luck !
2020-06-16 13:34
icon