MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
hrings
Anyone that know how to interconnect an Open cockpits overhead 7 segment display by using Mega 2560 and MF.
Will appreciate if anyone can tell me so I don't need to build the panel completely.
HenningR
2020-06-15 22:01
pizman82
Supporter
Do you still own this Overhead..... If not at first check if they are compatible.

7 Seg with Mobiflight must be common Cathode..... And must be controlled by Max7219.
So if Displays on OC Boards are common Anode this will not work...... If they are common Cathode BUT on there PCB´s are other Chips it will again not work.
If Displays are on a PCB (without Chips) you got a good chance.... But you must build then mostly a own Connector/wire/Max7219 logic . So the Displays are not connected to the planed OC Display Driver Cards..... You wire them finaly to MaxChips.

I don´t know if OC is compatible and how they work here.... Check the manuals and datasheets !!!!!
Good Luck !
2020-06-16 02:33
hrings
The electrical panel I have is a common catode. All the segments A,B. etc is connected to a plug and both upper and lower is to the same pins.
I have tried it with MAX 7219 but I am not able to show the 3 rightmost figures. I have 12 catodes and it seems that whatever I do it stops on figure(catode 8)
Any that have a good solution to solve the problem. I have used string on MF but can not get it correctly.
HenningR
2020-07-08 13:12
pizman82
Supporter
This information not help.

We must see a datasheet. Maybe we can still understand the logic with detailed and good pictures.
The most profitable way is to figure out the system by a Multimeter or by testing with a 5V suply and a resistor.

If you know what line is set to what Display/Segment you can build maybe a connection to 2 Max Chips ( aslong wirelogic is identical) If NOT then you can maybe rework the system by cuting lines or bypass some stuff with solderwork. OR if its completly different and not reworkable in case of PCB design you simply can not use it !

Whatever.... we can not tell you how it work if we not see it !
Good Luck !
2020-07-08 14:22
icon