MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
linx69
I'm trying to do tests and I have different results in various tests, I managed to understand that by connecting the DIN-CS-CLK pins to the digital outputs and 5v on another digital pin by pressing "test"
I have no digit on ...
while connecting 5v and gnd on the "power" pins (GND-5V.) I have the right result ie: 123-45-678 on MAX 1 and 345-678 on MAX 2. But as soon as I press "stop" on the display tab and press "test" again it does not turn on nothing, instead if I press the red reset button on the MEGA and then again "test" on the "display" tab the figures come back on

..same result if i stop MF and restat,
[Last edited by linx69, 2020-05-30 22:03]
2020-05-30 21:18
linx69
other test: start MF open the EDIT window and press "test" on MAX 1
the digits turn on, if I press "stop" they go off and I can repeat the thing several times and it always works.
but if I switch to MAX 2 and do "test" and "stop" same thing.
if instead I first test the max 1 and then the 2, when I change and go back to the Max 1 it does not turn on.
unless I press "reset" on the MEGA or restart MF
2020-05-30 22:02
pizman82
Supporter
Do you combine the CLK Lines ??
Good Luck !
2020-05-30 22:34
linx69
yes are connected together in a single pin!
2020-05-31 08:56
pizman82
Supporter
Hhmmmm

Then confirm you use in Mobiflight correct Settings.....
Display must be set as a Chain.... So In device settings you must say "NUM 2" and set the correct Pins.

finaly Confirm ( with a Multimeter or a other system) that the Dataline from DIN is 100% sure disconnected between Display 1 DIN and Display 2 DIN..... I see some scratches on your PCB.... Maby this is the cut ??? ..... So get sure there is no double connection !
Good Luck !
2020-05-31 14:55
linx69
ok check and i will update the page
2020-05-31 15:49
linx69
after various tests
(I divided the various digits into five groups working with sub strings) I reached the result that the numbers that the sim display shows me,
in the upper left I see them on the upper right in the pcb.
It seems that I am on the right track but it is as if I have the numbers moved right out of the displays
2020-05-31 21:58
pizman82
Supporter
You think to difficult....

Please do what i recommend and split your testing in TWO parts.

Part 1 is to confirm all displays work correct and to find out what Diggits are in use.
If i undertand correct then max1 ( NUM1 in Mobiflight) Controll the Left Part....
So if you enable all 8 Checkmarks and press TEST in Display Tab it should show....
123...........---
45....678...---
If you do the same with second Display (NUM2) it should show
---.....---....456
OR
---.....---....678
If it show 123456 then it use Digits 1-6 if it show 345678 it use Diggits 3-8
NOW you know all Hardware is good and you know what diggits are used in the Right part.

Second step is to split the Data.... As i said PMDG use 2 Rows ( upper and lower)
In case your Display 1 Need the Left Part from upper and the left and middle part of Lower Offset you need here 3 Configs.
Config 1 is selected to Digits 123 (upper Left) and read the UPPER Line Offset..... But only the needed Part ( Maybe Substring Byte 0-2)
To test this you create a Config that read that Offset with Substring 0-2 ..... then Check if it work fine. If the rigth Diggit is missing then it is 1 byte to the right.... So Add +1 to offset.

Same for the Other Display..... Always create a config and read the needed Offset String ( with Substring entry) and check if you got the right one..... If not get 1 number to left or right until you find correct raw Offset.

Finaly set the correct Offset to the correct Diggits and all is working fine.

If you not be able to do.... I can check this on Wendsday when i´m free of work! Then i can guide you !
Good Luck !
2020-05-31 23:11
linx69
the problem was the PCB, was created to work with SIMVIM, Now
I have a new PCB that works (although with a more complex logic than it should be) and this thanks to Pizman and the PCB manufacturer (SimBay) now works very well with MF..
2020-07-16 21:59
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2