MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
dako74
I need your help, I don't know what to do anymore ...
yesterday I finished configuring my overhead, and everything worked perfectly, including the preconditions for changing the display.
but today the mess, as soon as I open mobiflight I get this message "your Config could not be loaded. Please check for syntax errors"

I have always made a double save of the .mcc file by calling it in different ways, for example "configuration.mcc" and "configuration 2.mcc" but in practice they were the same file, today opening both the first and the second gives me the same error .

It was a fairly long configuration, I would not like to have to redo it and then risk losing it again ...

for my configuration I use 3 Arduino boards

thanks
2020-05-17 18:58
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Using 2 Files ( both with same data) makes obsolutly no sense ! ( Just to protect for example a broke Harddisk)

the logic of a Backup History is that you have one file for every building step.
In your case a File BEFORE you did the last new configs and a file AFTER you enter that configs.
If last file i broke you can swap back to the older file and you just need to build the stuff for new taht was created sinse this last save.

Solution:

If you not change the existing configs while last season and just create some new stuff then the issue must be in the new section.
You need to check that configs.

Two ways:

1. If your lucky then you can load the file manualy in mobiflight.
Remove the current MCC file to a other folder or rename it.... Important is Mobiflight should NOT find it at current spot/name.
Then Start Mobiflight. It will load a "example mcc" file cause it no longer can find the used mcc file now.
THEN try to click on FILE--> LOAD and try to open your file.
If your lucky this workes..... if not then the issue is a bit deeper and file is no longer loadable.

2. If file can not be loaded you must open it with a text editor ( wordpad, notepad++, windows editor or so)
Then you see the raw code.
New configs are always the last in the row. You must now tryout to find the issue.
Mostly a wrong compare, transform or a disabled unfinished config !

Please try out.
If nothing helps i can check the file for you but this take a lot of time. Not plan for fast reply then !
Good Luck !
2020-05-17 19:29
dako74
hi, I understand what you mean by the two files with the same date, it actually doesn't make sense ...
I will do the tests you told me, and I will check the file, so the latest changes are always at the bottom of the file, did I understand correctly?

I only insert the last part of the file, and I ask you to indicate which lines refer to a command, to know what to delete in steps, can you do this for me?
thanks.

</config>
<config guid="29cd3439-a19b-4846-9c7e-c3906bac3269">
<active>true</active>
<description>EM LIGHT</description>
<settings msdata:InstanceType="MobiFlight.InputConfigItem, MFConnector, Version=7.8.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" serial="OVERHEAD/ SN-ba6-649" name="EM LIGHT" type="Button" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata">
<button>
<onPress type="PmdgEventIdInputAction" eventId="69732" param="1" aircraft="B737" />
<onRelease type="PmdgEventIdInputAction" eventId="69732" param="0" aircraft="B737" />
</button>
<preconditions />
</settings>
</config>
<config guid="c400bd9e-a690-494a-9bce-e1612d1a45fe">
<active>true</active>
<description>ATTEND</description>
<settings msdata:InstanceType="MobiFlight.InputConfigItem, MFConnector, Version=7.8.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" serial="OVERHEAD/ SN-ba6-649" name="ATTEND" type="Button" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata">
<button>
<onPress type="PmdgEventIdInputAction" eventId="69737" param="536870912" aircraft="B737" />
<onRelease />
</button>
<preconditions />
</settings>
</config>
<config guid="10a06da2-140c-4869-86b7-18f38a87b149">
<active>true</active>
<description>CHANGE DISPLAI OH 1</description>
<settings msdata:InstanceType="MobiFlight.InputConfigItem, MFConnector, Version=7.8.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" serial="OVERHEAD/ SN-ba6-649" name="DISPLAY OH 1" type="Button" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata">
<button>
<onPress type="FsuipcOffsetInputAction">
<source type="FSUIPC" offset="0x66C2" offsetType="Integer" size="1" mask="0x00FF" bcdMode="False" inputValue="0" />
</onPress>
<onRelease type="FsuipcOffsetInputAction">
<source type="FSUIPC" offset="0x66C2" offsetType="Integer" size="1" mask="0x00FF" bcdMode="False" inputValue="1" />
</onRelease>
</button>
<preconditions />
</settings>
</config>
<config guid="b63d0dc0-aae1-4ded-b64e-2e81056ea830">
<active>true</active>
<description>CHANGE DISPLAI OH 2</description>
<settings msdata:InstanceType="MobiFlight.InputConfigItem, MFConnector, Version=7.8.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" serial="OVERHEAD/ SN-ba6-649" name="DISPLAY OH 2" type="Button" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata">
<button>
<source type="FSUIPC" offset="0x66C2" offsetType="Integer" size="1" mask="0x00FF" bcdMode="False" inputValue="2" />
</onPress>
<source type="FSUIPC" offset="0x66C2" offsetType="Integer" size="1" mask="0x00FF" bcdMode="False" inputValue="1" />
</onRelease>
</button>
<preconditions />
</settings>
</config>
<config guid="8c004c62-7449-4eb4-a9ff-752bc3f5b304">
<active>true</active>
<description>CHANGE DISPLAI PED</description>
<settings msdata:InstanceType="MobiFlight.InputConfigItem, MFConnector, Version=7.8.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" serial="PED/ SN-777-2e6" name="BL PED" type="Button" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata">
<button>
<source type="FSUIPC" offset="0x66C3" offsetType="Integer" size="1" mask="0x00FF" bcdMode="False" inputValue="0" />
</onPress>
<source type="FSUIPC" offset="0x66C3" offsetType="Integer" size="1" mask="0x00FF" bcdMode="False" inputValue="1" />
</onRelease>
</button>
<preconditions />
</settings>
</config>
</inputs>
</MobiflightConnector>
2020-05-17 20:43
dako74
I need to find out how many lines correspond to a single command.
thanks
2020-05-17 20:45
dako74
I'm working on it...
the problem is in the outputs, only with the inputs it works.
so I'm adding the output step by step until I find the error.
thanks for the support, i will update you
2020-05-17 21:20
dako74
Found!

the error was here:

<config guid = "a2adbd3c-feae-46ee-a682-9df9f9068334">
      <Active> true </ active>
      <description> DISPLAY PED 2 </description>
      <settings msdata: InstanceType = "MobiFlight.OutputConfigItem, MFConnector, Version = 7.8.2.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = null" xmlns: msdata = "urn: schemas-microsoft-com: xml-msdata">
        <source type = "FSUIPC" offset = "0x0000" offsetType = "Integer" size = "1" mask = "0x00FF" bcdMode = "False" />
        <comparison active = "False" value = "" operand = "" ifValue = "" elseValue = "" />
        <display type = "LcdDisplay" serial = "PED / SN-777-2e6" trigger = "normal" address = "PED display">
          <line> L ?? FLAPS R @@ </line>
          <Line>
          </ Line>
          <line> TO TOD BBBB NM </line>
          <line> TO DEST ùùùù NM </line>
          <line />
        </ Display>
        <Preconditions>
          <precondition type = "config" active = "true" ref = "a4d98db4-8e0d-4215-93a1-917337471352" operand = "=" value = "1" logic = "and" />
        </ Preconditions>
        <transformation active = "False" expression = "$" substrStart = "0" substrEnd = "7" />
        <Configrefs>
          <configref active = "True" ref = "dbbf00a9-6234-48ec-9a0c-af78bfc99a87" placeholder = "B" />
          <configref active = "True" ref = "5a20858a-cdb9-43a5-8e68-b791bba420d1" placeholder = "ù" />
          <configref active = "True" ref = "42b83a36-4310-4e7c-991c-37bb7cee7ed9" placeholder = "@" />
          <configref active = "True" ref = "fbe36f64-925e-4711-b917-815d262a16ea" placeholder = "?" />
          <configref active = "False" ref = "536cc94e-274a-4540-ae05-ac13c5bdd6a9" placeholder = "§" />
          <configref active = "False" ref = "a17d76a1-fd29-40e5-9ced-b981fa63d62b" placeholder = "#" />
        </ Configrefs>
      </ Settings>
    </ Config>

I deleted these lines loaded the file and everything works ...
I should hang a poster with your photo in front of the simulator.:lol:

thanks for everything:thumbup:
2020-05-17 21:40
pizman82
Supporter
Ohhh :scared: Not hang a poster from myself in your living room..... I´m not so pretty as it seems ;)

About issue....
First view there is no problem...... Whatever i not know the whole file.
If i need to say wahts wrong i would think the precondition target OR a Placeholder Target Config no longer exist ( Maybe renamed or deleted while testing) .

No matter..... System run. All is fine. Just remember to make better backups in the future !

About your question :
icondako74:

I need to find out how many lines correspond to a single command.
thanks

A Config always goes from..... <config guid = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"> until </ Config>
A section goes from for examle <outputs> until </outputs>
Good Luck !
2020-05-17 22:02
dako74
I understand everything, thanks.

if you go to LIMF, free beer.
2020-05-17 22:32
sisoffi
Hi, I have the same problem after change my pc. The config file remain the same. I try to delete it and test only 1 output and 1 input.
I dont understand why i have this problem, in fact i cannot read nothing.
Can you help me?

thanks

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<MobiflightConnector>
<outputs>
<config guid="5b84bcb4-55bb-4f60-8994-4ebfe7cefc69">
<active>false</active>
<description>FWD OH WAAP A1</description>
<settings msdata:InstanceType="MobiFlight.OutputConfigItem, MFConnector, Version=7.8.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata">
<source type="FSUIPC" offset="0x680A" offsetType="Integer" size="1" mask="0x00FF" bcdMode="False" />
<comparison active="False" value="" operand="" ifValue="" elseValue="" />
<display type="Pin" serial="MADDOGX FWD-EOAP/ SN-55c-6b6" trigger="normal" pin="Output2" pinBrightness="255" />
<preconditions />
<transformation active="False" expression="$" substrStart="0" substrEnd="7" />
<configrefs />
</settings>
</config>
</outputs>
<inputs>
<config guid="f21c5c72-9601-4503-8eed-e82534165229">
<active>false</active>
<description>AFT GND_BUS_APU_SET</description>
<settings msdata:InstanceType="MobiFlight.InputConfigItem, MFConnector, Version=7.8.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" serial="MADDOGX AFT-OH/ SN-4ad-33e" name="Button 4" type="Button" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata">
<button>
<onPress type="EventIdInputAction" eventId="69793" param="1" />
<onRelease type="EventIdInputAction" eventId="69793" param="0" />
</button>
<preconditions />
</settings>
</config>
</inputs>
</MobiflightConnector>
2020-08-22 22:28
pizman82
Supporter
I see you still use 7.8.2

Maybe your problem is not a wrong Config..... Its the Bug all users got within the last weeks.
Microsoft release a new NET Framework Update that kill Mobiflight.
With 7.8.4 or better 7.9.0 this problem was solved.

You say you change Computer..... So if on the other PC that Microsoft Update was still installed, then the "old" Mbiflight 7.8.2 will no longer run and occure in a Error while loading a MCC file !
Good Luck !
2020-08-22 23:30
sisoffi
Hi pizman, yes i found the bug of windows. I restored the update and now work.

thanks
2020-08-23 10:06
icon