MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
emmanuel.morales
HI all,

I tried to follow the tutorial 7 segment display, at the begining in configwizard - display when I tested it showed me 123.4 and I thought it was working.. but when I opened FSX it did not worked at all... I tried uninstalling arduino and reinstall, but cannot get it to work... every time I click test in the display box.. all it does is to flash one time RX led in mega 2560 and another time when I click stop.

but the 7 display does not turn on at all. don´t know what else to do. I also tried a new 7 display and the samte result

please help.

thanks in advance

emmanuel
2020-05-14 01:15
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Your report is a bit confusing..... We must find out if Problem is on Hardware or Software side.

You said:
iconemmanuel.morales:

when I tested it showed me 123.4 and I thought it was working..

This sounds good..... But let us make another test to get sure.

Please open a NEW config File ( File Tab ---> NEW File)
Create just one Output Config.... Name No matter e.g. TEST
Offset also no matter.... You can use "0000" 1 BYte INT as preselected .
Go to DISPLAY Tab and choose your Display.
Activate all 8 Checkmarks ( No decimal Point at the moment)
Now click on TEST ! ( Not the Test near RUN and STOP..... I mean the TEST in this Display tab below the Checkmark lines)

If all is OK the Display now show "12345678"

If YES then your Display is fine and the Issue is in the Config you try to show something from FSX.....
If NO and Display NOT show "12345678" then there is a Wire Issue, a Setup Issue on the Mega or a broke Mega !

Please test this.... Then report experience. I think 99% just your config is bad and Display working fine.... So we need to check your config.. Tell me what you do there.
Good Luck !
2020-05-14 03:23
pizman82
Supporter
Sorry my friend.... You must explane more detailed....

You say " now all the display is on" and then you say " no working at testing" .....
What do you mean with "display is on" ?????

Whatever simple logic..... If display NOT show 12345678 on testing then you must check.....

1. Wirework
2. Pins on Max7219 ( especialy INPUT side)
3. Setting in Mobiflight/ Devicessettings if used correct Pin and NUM Setting.

NOTE: Max7219 will crash if you just touch a wire aslong its not solder already..... So its recommend to solder all Pins and/or use connectors. Not try to handle a Max7219 with Jumperwires or a improvisional setup. It will not work !
Good Luck !
2020-05-14 11:47
icon