MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
777x
Hello to all,

since yesterday MobiFlight doesn´t open in the afernoon everthing works perfect.
After some troubleshooting I reinstalled MobiFlight and Aduino ide but it does´t fix the Problem.
I also switched down the Windows Firewall and allowed it ìn Kaspersy but also no success.
does anyone has an Idee what could help or fix the problem?

System configuration

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909
FSX SP2 (still working) with Obrx addons
ARDUINO 1.8.12
MobiFlight Release 7.8.2
FSUIPC 4.974

Greetings and thanks for help, Harald
2020-05-04 03:04
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Harald.
Confirm you install MF completly fresh and NOT over the old Version ( Same Folder)
Confirm you RUN the new installation and not by fault the Old one maybe by using a Link on your Desktop that is adressed in wrong folder

And Finaly the important fact: Does the new Mobiflight is Broke from beginning ????
OR
Does it start ( with example File) at first time perfect but stop again after you load your current MCC File.

A Broke MCC file is mostly the reason.... But if it not start also before you load your file first time then the problem is somewhere else.
In that case rethink what you do sinse last moment when all was already fine.... Windows Updates ?
Good Luck !
2020-05-04 09:09
777x
Hi Pizman 82,

now it goes worst, there was no update of Windows, that was the first I looked yesterday.
After power up the System without any USB connection of the modules the Software starts normal with the MCC file, tryed this last night not only once.
Connecting the USB as it where before the Software starts and tells that one module of four was no more a mobiflight module…
It try to flash the module fail…pushed the reset button on the MEGA 2560..
Start the the Software a second time and the module was found as it where days before with all of the configuration on it.
It looks like a USB problem of the system or software, but the USB Hub has as before an external power supply and also the modules,
so normaly there should be no switching "off" of the usb port by Windows also the "power safe" switching in Windows is disabled.
Do you have any Idea what cause the Problem?
Hope the system runs now stable.

Thanks for your help, Harald
2020-05-04 17:01
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Do i understand correct.... You simply take the MEGA that was problematic and you "clear" it by EEPROM and flash Firmware once again.... And the Problem was solved ??

If yes.... this is a problem sometimes can occure. I don´t know why... Maybe there is a little issue while deactivation.... Maby if a Display still work and you not Stop Mobiflight correctly and simply poweroff the Mega (while it still working or so)
Maby its also a bad Memory that get corrupted in some cases.

Whatever.... this is a standard workflow.... So i not think about at first cause i hope you still tryout that.
Please in the future.... If you get problems at first think about a "reset" of the specific Mega. ( EEPROM Clear and flash new firmware and finaly new Devices)
In that case its recommend to save all Megas in a seperate MFMC File to easy update the devices again.
Good Luck !
2020-05-04 18:02
777x
Hi Pizman 82,

the Problem seems to be the USB and Windows 10 (2.0 or 3.0 and the software) sometimes.
The MEGA 2560 board is from ELEGOO on this board has an "reset" push button…
Ater pushing that the board "resets" but all of the before stored configuration on the board stayes over there,
and the MobiFlight Software stated normally with my MCC file.
Then the MobiFlight Software tells me this Board is no MobiFlight board and try to flash the Board new but failed.
After shut down and starting the MobiFlight Software again, the board was as it was weeks before...

Greeting, Harald
2020-05-04 19:46
pizman82
Supporter
No.... Here we talk about different thing.

The RESET Button on Mega means only it RESTART the Board ( Same like you disconnect it from USB and Rconnect it after some seconds)
Here all Data ( Firmware and also Device Settings) are still on the Board.

When we say "Reset Mega" or better "Clear Mega" we mean something like "Format the memory"
This is done by loading a "EEPROM Clear" sketch via Arduino IDE on the Board..... this delete all data on Board and its like brand new.

Last Note:
Please get sure after you press the RESET Button the board no longer is connected to Mobiflight.
MF simply scan at startup for boards..... If you connect a board aslong MF is still running it can not see it.... And as i said above if you press RESET this is like disconnect/reconnect . So sure.... You need to restart Mobiflight Software in case it must mpw scan again to see the "new" board.
Good Luck !
2020-05-04 23:54
777x
Hi Pizman 82,

now i think I have the Thing.
normal start was possible until i wrote a new MCC..
After shut down the Mobiflight Software with "Datei" "Speichern" and after that "beenden" without shut down the Computer a new startup of MobiFlight is impossible, before i have to erase the MCC start MobiFlight and after that i take a copy paste of the "old" one in the MobifFlight Folder where is was before stored and after loading this i get this fault message,but it works than normal as far as i can see.after next shut down the same Story again...

Fault Message Details :

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei MobiFlight.OrphanedSerialsDialog.updateOrphanedList()
bei MobiFlight.OrphanedSerialsDialog..ctor(List`1 serials, DataTable dataTable, DataTable inputDataTable)
bei MobiFlight.MainForm._checkForOrphanedSerials(Boolean showNotNecessaryMessage)
bei MobiFlight.MainForm._loadConfig(String fileName)
bei MobiFlight.MainForm.loadToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
MFConnector
Assembly-Version: 7.8.2.0.
Win32-Version: 7.8.2.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Mobi%20Flight/MFConnector.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
Win32-Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
Win32-Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
Win32-Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1.
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Data
Win32-Version: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.
System.Core
Win32-Version: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C.
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll.
MFConnector.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Mobi%20Flight/de/MFConnector.resources.DLL.
MFConnector.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Mobi%20Flight/de-DE/MFConnector.resources.DLL.
FSUIPCClient
Assembly-Version: 3.1.11.313.
Win32-Version: 3.1.11.313.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Mobi%20Flight/FSUIPCClient.DLL.
ArcazeHid
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Mobi%20Flight/ArcazeHid.DLL.
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
AutoUpdater.NET
Assembly-Version: 1.3.1.0.
Win32-Version: 1.3.1.0.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Mobi%20Flight/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL.
CommandMessenger
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Mobi%20Flight/CommandMessenger.DLL.
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

do you know what i make wrong?

Greetings, Harald
2020-05-05 05:27
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
Do we talk now about a "new" problem or is this again the same situation ?? Maybe i missunderstand you in case i translate the text in wrong way,
Now we talk about a Problem of the MCC File ( No longer about a missing Mega i think)

Your Workflow is already in the right direction.... But you miss a important step !

If your MCC file is corrupt then Mobiflight can no longer startup ..... Cause it "load" the last used file that was active in the last seasson when you shutdown MF last time.

Badly some Issues in the MCC File are verry deep and only occure while initialisation..... So its technical a difference if the file get loaded by the System itself at startup OR you load the file by hand..... The issue is the same, but at startup it occure in a Freeze of Mobiflight ..... By Loading it manualy it occure maby just in a Error Warning and be runable allready or maybe it just occure when you RUN Mobiflight and you use a special button or a special situation comes up ( Like landing gear down).

To solve this we do exactly what you try out already.... We "remove" the curently used MCC File from its position.
Then MF start with a Example file and work fine.
BUT
If you simply copy paste the corrupt file back you can Load it BUT in case you not solve the issue problem start again on next startup !

Its like you brake your key while you open your door..... A Mechanic open the Door so you can get in your house..... But tomorow you leave and close the door again with the broken key inside..... So on next time you need again the mechanic..... What you need to do is to repair the door first !

To solve you got two ways.

1. If you can Load the file by hand you can try to check all Config files for a issue ( Mostly the last configs you create before the config get in trouble.
2. If you can not open the file you need a EDITOR and you must check the script itself.

Summary you need to find the issue and solve it..... Then the file work fine again !

NOTE: Is this just a testing file ? Then simply delete it and start from new cause those research take mostly a lot of time. So do this only if the file is still big and you work on it lots of hours so it´s more practicable to repair it as simply build it new!
We can help you also..... but please try out at first by youreself !
Good Luck !
2020-05-05 12:13
icon