MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Manolocs
I am following the guide from @Pizman translated to English by @StephanHo to connect 7 segments Displays to 777 MCP/PMDG, I get the IAS to work and it changes to MACH if IAS/Mach button is pressed but without the decimal point, so I am trying to add the Mach to "MF"

I assume the word Prerequisite means Transform in the actual "MF" version.

when I click RUN button with the Mach Mapping activated "MF" does not RUN, I am sure I am doing something wrong.

Any help is more than welcome.

Original text is:
"Offset 6524 4 byte Float Multi 1000 (THOUSAND), 3 digits DECIMAL POINT on the left of the 3 digits, Left Padding YES - SPACE (Here the same display and positions as for IAS)
For Compare use IF Value is bigger then Zero >0 THEN Round($ / 10,0)
"This Rounding function is used to set the value from a Decimal Float to a Full number we can use for the Display!
Prerequisite: Apply only if IAS Configeintrag is less than 10 "<10"."

My Setup:

Fig 7

Fig 6

Fig 8
2020-03-20 19:21
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Prerequisite is pretty sure used for the "PRECONDITION" Tab.

I´m realy sorry.....

This guide is get broke through Auto Translation from Google.... And it also was done with a "old old old" Mobiflight Version.
The Multiply Field today not longer existing.... The "Placeholder" Field not exist in that past.
So let me say... It work already but TODAY we will make this display pretty sure in a complete different way.

About Your issues.

In the ORiginal Config we use THREE Configs for same Display Diggits....
First Config showed IAS ( Without Decimal) Only if IAS is active
Second Config showed MACH ( With Decimal) Only if MAC is active
Third Config showes Spaces to Blank the Display Only if LNAV/VNAV is active and Display should be blank.

In Precondition Tab of this 3 Configs we handle that logics.

The "Round" You quoted was to bring the MACH Data to correct optics.... Cause PMDG give us a raw value that is not rounded..... So For example Mach .71 can have a raw value of 0,7099999 . Without Rounding we have 0,70 instead of 0,71

Summary....
If you like you can try again with the Old Guide.
If you realy need help i can guide you via Email ( Pizman@freenet.de)

BUT

More Profitable would be a complete new guide..... Up to Date and basicly written in English !
In time of Corona Shoutdown ( We now have a moving permission and must stay at home in southern Germany ) i maby find time next 4 Weeks to do this !
Good Luck !
2020-03-21 16:30
Manolocs
Thank, hope to see the new video soon :)
I will use your email for sure if you prefer this way.
2020-03-21 20:57
WesternGlobal
@Manolocs

Hello
I have a question:
You have said, that your 7-segements Diaplays are working.
I have a probelm with the Vertical-Speedin the PMDG B777; so my question: could you send me a screenshot of your settings?

Thank you in advance
Western Global
2020-03-22 11:41
pizman82
Supporter
I not start with writing the new guide.... But i wondering why VS Display is so problematic..... SPD is the tricky part..... all other Displays are verry easy.

Whatever we can make this more easy today with placeholders .... it should be possible like in the past with 2+1 Configs and a simple Precondition.

Config 1 READ the Offset that Show us if VS is Blank or not. In the List this is 6550 1 Byte INT Boolen for PMDG B777
This Config need no Device....ö This is just a Indicator for the Precondition later.

Config 2 Is the "Active Config" that show Data to Display if it should be ON..... Read Offset 654A 2 Byte INT And use as device the Display.
(I not test it.... Just tell you what is written in the List Maby Left Padding is needed or Claculations)
Precondition: Only Work if "Config1 Blank Status" is OFF ( Pretty sure the Blank offset is "0" if Display should be ON and "1" if Display should be Blank.... So Say Config1=0

Config 3 is the "Blank Config" that blank the Display if it should be OFF. Here its no mater what Offet we read.... In Theory it can be "0000" or every other.
USe Compare and say.... IF Value = 1 THEN "5x Space Button" ELSE "5xSpace Button" Means you write five space in the THEN and ELSE Line.
So this Config "blank" the Display always.
Precondition here invertzed as in Config 2..... Here we say "Only work if Config1=1"

Result:
Config 1 Read if Display should be ON or OFF
Config 2 work if Display should be ON and show Data from VS Offset
Config 3 work if Display should be OFF and show 5 Spaces to blank it.

AGAIN: Using Placeholders is more better.... But it should also work this old way.
Good Luck !
2020-03-22 16:30
tomcel
Hello . I have similar problems as other users here with SPD and V / S. It would be great to have a video with settings or images with progress. It would help. Please excuse my google english.
2020-03-22 16:47
pizman82
Supporter
icontomcel:

Hello . I have similar problems .....It would be great to have a video

I never made a Video until now.... I own a Webcam but it is stored in a box since 5 years and i never opend it :blush:
Whatever.... In time of Corona-Virus may its the correct spot to learn how to use webcams and make Videos for youtube.... I stay at home for weeks now! :scared:

Please stay tuned.... At first i must install my PMDG 777 and learn myself how the Displays work there..... Then i will build a own setup and then i can share a tutorial.

Whatever..... Please looking forward only for a written tutorial.... I not know if Videos are the correct plattform for myself. Everybody who hear tallking me in english ("guymfg" i mean you ;) ) know.... I try it but nobody understand it ! Write in English is one part..... But speak is another one. :thumbdown:

Keep cool my friends !
Good Luck !
2020-03-23 00:10
WesternGlobal
That would be soooooo nice...:thumbup::)
Thx
WesternGlobal
2020-03-23 08:55
Manolocs
iconWesternGlobal:

@Manolocs

Hello
I have a question:
You have said, that your 7-segements Diaplays are working.
I have a probelm with the Vertical-Speedin the PMDG B777; so my question: could you send me a screenshot of your settings?

Thank you in advance
Western Global

Yes I daisy channel two 7seg displays all working but I could only make the IAS working.
Do you need screenshot of the connections?

Did you make HDG and Altitude to work?
Would you mind to share the setup?
[Last edited by Manolocs, 2020-03-24 12:53]
2020-03-24 12:15
WesternGlobal
Good Morning:D
Thx for your answer.
Yes, i made the HDG and ALT work. Do you need a image of the connections from the Arduino to the 7-Segment Displays, or do you need the Config-Settings in the Mobiflight-Programm? If you want, i can share you both.
Regarding to the IAS/Mach Display: Can you send me pictures of the Mobiflightconnector-Programm and the connections???

If you want, we can write us via Email, wich would be much easier... :-)
Thx for your help
Western Global

PS: Where and how can I upload pictures?
[Last edited by WesternGlobal, 2020-03-26 09:52]
2020-03-26 08:35
pizman82
Supporter
In this poor Forum Software here ( please remember MF is Freeware) we not be able to send PM or to Upload Pictures.

To open Contact i recommend to puplish a Email Adress of your choice.... You can Edit the Posting again to remove it if you not want it for puplic all the time.
To share Pictures you must upload the files on a Webspace.... Use your own if you got.... If not use a "File Sharing Plattform" like "directupload" . (Google for that)
[Last edited by pizman82, 2020-03-27 09:41]
Good Luck !
2020-03-26 16:01
pizman82
Supporter
UPDATE:

After first Review and Testings....

HDG Display work fine directly.

ALT Display need theSigned Compare like in B737 and work fine, too.

SPD Display looks fine.... Problematic here is just the Decimal Point. It s also possible to build 1:1 with Decimal Point but need 2-3 additional Configs and a bit more work. If we do without it ( i think thats no Problem cause the "MACH" Symbol Light up left of Display and Value is "700" or Higher.... So Everybody see difference to IAS also without that little Decimal Point.
EDIT: If User build Diplay with Single Diggits ( Instead of a Block) so the most left 4th Digit is "single" then DP can be easy done by rewire of that Display.

VS Speed.
The VS is also no Problem.... But the FPA is the real tricky part.
Here Question is how real it must be... Same Fact with decimal point.... Much more easy if we not use it maby.
AND As you know from B737.... a "+" Sign is not possible with a 7 Seg Display. So we not have it.
Also Note: On first view i see a Issue in PMDG Logic... Maby FPA Display is broke overall and need a patch.

Summary...
I try next days to build a config that is 100% Correct.... If not possible i build as realistic as possible.....
And also a Second Config that is more easy but maby make a compromise like a missing decimal Point or so to save Config Lines and be more stable.
Good Luck !
2020-03-26 22:55
pizman82
Supporter
UPDATE 2
After 4 Hours of testing i´m done.

I proudly report....

1. Every Display can be build 100% Correct with Mobiflight. As Expected the only non realistic part is the "+" Sign in VS Display that is not Possible with a 7 Seg Display overall.
( But Sure.... The Information is there.... If somebody use a Custom Display with a "+" Segment Pin on The most Left Position of VS/FPA Diplay we can pretty sure build this funtion, too.)

2. Config Inlclude all "Status Lights" The Labels to the Left that show for example if TRK or HDG is active) Based on Bool Configs 1/0 to controll a LED behind a engraved Korry Box. They are also working realistic ( FPA/VS stay on whatever Display is blank.... SPD will get OFF aslong blanked)

3. Config can handle full Lighttest Support ( Showing 88888 on Displays and let ALL the Status LED Light up same time)

4. Config can Handle in Theory Blank mode in Case of Missing Power .... I Not include it at the moment cause i not know in B777 a Offset that tell me Boolean if Power is there for LED/Displays .... Here i need a little support from a advanced B777 Builder.... Whatever.... Config would allow implimentation 100% if i know the indicator Offset to use.

5. As i looking forward i was be able to reduce number of PRECONDITIONS ( Multiple Configs controll a Display) nearly 100%
In Theory we can work totaly without Preconditions but the we got a Optical Problem in FPA Display
( There is then a space between Full Number and Decimal like 1_ ,5 instead of 1,5 and looks "not perfect") .... So i decide to use a Precondition here.... But ONLY here !
So Summary all Other Displays ( HDG, SPD, ALT ) work with one Config (Lighttest and Battery Off included) and only FPA/VS need two of them.

Summary.... It is a pleasure to see how deep Mobiflight is Today.... 1000 times better as in the past when i do my first MCP some Years ago.
Maby problematic now is to explane you guys this stuff..... Whatever the Configs work. For a "beginner" its verry hard to understand all the needed formulas.

I must finaly rethink all the Configs a last time to make them more easy and profitable. then i try to write a tutorial and share the file.
Good Luck !
2020-03-27 04:09
pizman82
Supporter
Last Update:

Testing is done. All looks good.
Now also Lighttest is 100% Realsitic..... All Configs already inlcude "Battery Off" BUT are located to Logo Light Switch temporary until you guys tell me a good indication Offet in B777.

Now my problem is to write a tutorial..... and this take a lot of time pretty sure.
BUT
I be able to share the MCC File with you and i can awnser specific questions now cause i know the MCP Display Logics now 100% .

For File send me a Mail.... Pizman@freenet.de
For help open a Topic here in forum... I looking forward to awnser your questions.
For the Tutorial... Expect a longer waiting time ! here i need a bit of inspiration now.
Good Luck !
2020-03-29 04:36
pizman82
Supporter
I hate it to capitulate.... But sometimes a war can not be won.

After some attemps i always failed to write a good guide. .... too long, not detailed enough, to difficult and so on.
So i stop this.
The file is still available and i support via Mail or here in Forum.... But i can not write this stuff.
If a User copy/paste my system ( i send him) and like to write the tutorial.... feel free to do. I can also check-read it if you like.

Maybe in the far future when i get more advanced with youtube videos this will be the first thematic i like to work with. Pretty sure its much more profitable to explane those stuff in a video instead of writing a 20 Pages guide.

Sorry about that !
Good Luck !
2020-05-21 05:38
icon