MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
ifrpilot89
I just updated my windows 10. Now none of the LEDs light up anymore. Test doesn't cause them to light either. I've got the latest version of Mobiflight and the Arduino Mega seems to be up to date, I guess, so what's going on???
2020-02-26 00:50
pizman82
Supporter
Sounds like a USB Driver Problem maby ..... Or the Update delete maby needed Systems that are need like .Net aplications.

I Recommend to make a Update for all Drivers if possible.

Sorry.... I know this is a bad recommentation...... But it helps in lots if cases.
Good Luck !
2020-02-26 03:36
BBQSteve
Yep same here, posted elsewhere of problem.
2020-02-27 15:46
BBQSteve
After many frustrating hours troubleshooting, I resign myself to the fact I need some assistance. Up until two weeks ago, I had a perfectly performing simulator with MobiFlight. Now I can't even get MobiFlight to light up lights even in test mode. I have a very basic program in MF which lights lights for the panel when functions occur. 3 lights for Outer, middle and inner markers one for parking brake, etc. When I hit the test buton it runs fine, just no lights, yet the lights will come on when MF first starts up. Then the second problem, no matter how I try to start MF it never connects to XPUIPC nor FSUIPC. This is really frustrating especially when you have had a perfectly functioning cockpit for years. I have several other devices connected via SPAD.NEXT and only one has a problem with the display in the Multi-panel. Not sure this is related, but happened about the same time.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
Windows 10 Pro 1909
MF version 7.8.2
XUIPC version 2.0.3.8
FSUIPC version 5.1.2.4
Mega firmware version 1.9.2
2020-02-28 16:06
pizman82
Supporter
Sorry guys.

I can not reproduce this at the moment.
Please wait for a reply by Sebastian.

First Idea.....
Do you have a "System recovery Point" located in a time before this problem ???
Maby it will be helpfull to "confirm" the problem comes from the Windows UpDate.
So if you can "downgrade" Windows to the point when all i work fine.... And Mobiflight startup working fine again..... THEN We know Windows Update is the key, and Sebatian simply can findout WHAT Aplication s get change in this Update.

Whatever i personaly recommend.... Be carefully with Updates.

A old logic says.... A System that work fine will also work fine in 1000 Years same way aslong you not change it.
Means.... if your Cockpit work perfect and all other stuff is working fine..... Then there is absolutly no need to make Windows Updates.

Sure..... If you Update FSUIPC cause it got a new Function now then you mostly need also a UpToDate Sim Version..... Maby this require the newst GPU Drivers and those need the newet Windows Servicepack and so on..... Then you MUST do it. But again.... Think at first if you need the new things or if your cockpit work fine already.
Good Luck !
2020-02-28 20:07
icon