MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
NeL
Hello everyone, im new here, i'm doing the radio panel (without pcb) and i'm almost finished, but the only thing i still have to do or try to do its the radio turn off buttons. I dont know if there is any offset for this or some way to do it, or at least when i turn the master avionics off, the radio 7 segments comes off. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!
2020-01-01 22:46
VR-FlightSim
Supporter
Hi
I've had similar question not long ago in this thread:

https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/14900.html

It was sorted at the end with help from Pizman, Stephan and Sebastian.

Regards
Jay
2020-01-01 23:41
NeL
Thank you very much for your ansuwer! I've tried to do it, but I don't get it to work. Maybe im missing something. Im using FSX, and i tried with default C172 and A2A C172.
2020-01-02 21:37
DocMoebiuz
If you have a dedicated switch to turn on and off your Radio then just use the switch to write its state to an offset of your choice.

Use the value of the offset in the precondition for your radio displays. Duplicate this Config and configure the duplicate so that it display blanks/spaces across all digits and remove any decimal point. Adjust the precondition so that it is satisfied when the switch is turned off.

I hope this makes sense.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2020-01-03 00:54
NeL
i have configured like this:
INPUTS: i've created Switch for ON/OFF. - On press: Offset 0x66C0 Int 0xFFFF Set value: 0
- On release: Offset 0x66C0 Int 0xFFFF Set value: 1

OUTPUTS: - COM/NAV ON/OFF for the switch: Offset 0x66C0 Bytes 2 Int 0xFFFF
- COM1 ON: Use preset: Radios - COM Freq Offset: 0x034E Int 0xFFFF Bytes: 2 Transform: $+10000 Display: 123,45 left pading 0
Precondition: COM/NAV ON/OFF = 1

- COM1 OFF: Use preset: Radios - COM Freq Offset:0x034E Int 0xFFFF Bytes: 2 Display: i left empty the numbers
Precondition: COM/NAV ON/OFF = 0

I have achieved that when starting the display, is off, then i use the switch to On, and the 7segment display goes ON, but if i turn off the switch, the 7 segment display doesnt goes off it remains on.
I dont know if i uploaded well the images, sorry. And thanks a lot for your answers!
2020-01-04 22:16
VR-FlightSim
Supporter
I'm afraid we can't see any pictures but let's answer a couple of questions first.

-Is your "master avionics" switch an actual physical switch that you've assigned to the input 0x66C0?
-Are you always starting your flight from Cold & Dark?
-What sim are you running?
-Did you make particular copy of any real-life "radio panel" or something more generic?

Jay
2020-01-05 00:31
NeL
I'm using FSX and A2A C172 (also im trying in default C172), starting from COLD and DARK. I've made with a CNC the radio panel similar to the real one.

I have a physical switch i have assigned the input 0x66C0. Then in Outputs i created a row with the same name and offset than the input.
And two rows: COM1 ON with COM freq. offset and a precondition if master avionic = 0
COM1 OFF with COM freq. offest and a precondition if master avionic = 1

Thanks a lot!
2020-01-05 09:41
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

At first... Your images are linked to your Harddisk. This is not possible in this Forum. If you like to show pictures they must be stored on a Webspace.
You can use your own Webspace if you got one or you use a Free File Uploader Site.... Just Google for it.

Jay already ask interesting questions..... But in your case the issue is more simple....
Your Basic Logic and System is correct..... Only one little mistake !

iconNeL:

- COM1 OFF: Use preset: Radios - COM Freq Offset:0x034E Int 0xFFFF Bytes: 2 Display: i left empty the numbers
Precondition: COM/NAV ON/OFF = 0

Thats the Problem..... In that config you just left the Display Checkmarks empty.... Means This config do nothing.... So it will also not disable the Display cause its not adressed to a display.

To blank the Display this config must include the same Display Diggits like the Other ( Just without the decimal cause you not want a decimal while blanked)
As "Offset" you can choose here 0x0000 or every other Offset ( Like your 0x034E ) .... We need no real information here.
In Compare Tab you say.... IF Value = 0 ..... THEN You write Spaces in number of Digits. In your case 5 time Spacebutton. .... ELSE Again 5 time Space Button
That means.... Whatever Offset is "0" or a other Value ( So Always) it will show 5 Spaces instead of current Value..... And Spaces means Blanked Displays.

By the way.... A Custom Offset is in your case BOOL..... menas only 1/0 . So you not need 2 Bytes for it. Use in INPUT and OUTPUT Config here 1 Byte INT is fine too.
Good Luck !
2020-01-05 09:47
VR-FlightSim
Supporter
The you go, as simple as that:rolleyes:

I was asking about the "cold and dark" because you seem to have set the switch input value 0 for ON (press) and value 1 for OFF (release).
As Pizman mentioned in the other thread "at system start the value is always zero".

If you always start your flight in C&D conditions I would recommend to swap these about (OFF = 0 and ON = 1).

If on the other hand you have a switch (like on my Collins radio) that is normaly ON at all time but you wanna have the ability to use it whenever after system start, you can set ON = 0 and OFF = 1.
This way you don't have to worry about initial synchronisation between the switch state and the sim.

Regards
Jay
2020-01-05 11:29
pizman82
Supporter
Thats Correct.

Like all other ON/OFF Latching switches ( and also Multi Position switches) there "can" be a syncro Problem if your current Switch state in Homecockpit is different to the state from the Virtual Cockpit of file you load at startup.

Jay is right..... A Custom Offset is always Zero on Systemstart.... So in your case at systemstart the Display is ON..... Whatever your Switch ( Endstop pretty sure on a turning knob) is still in OFF Position and pressed...... Simply cause this initial "PRESS" Command will be not send automaticly by Mobiflight.

So it is recommend to say.... The Costom Offset should be Zero in the situation you planed to use at Startup..... If you have your Radio OFF at Cold and Dark Situation then "0" for OFF is more profitable.

EDIT: But sure... If you still plan to use "Mobiflight Auto Sync" Function at startup then its no matter, cause then the offset get updated by the system itself.
Good Luck !
2020-01-05 15:44
NeL
It works now! Thank you very much to both! Very thankful!
2020-01-05 19:53
icon