MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Fran1970
:D Hi, Good evening, excellent work first and a great contribution. A doubt that I can not find
For the encoders of altimeter and airspeed, or adjustments of the same, I do not find the event to put it in the configuration and that it works. I would appreciate some help
Thank you
2016-12-28 20:45
DocMoebiuz
Have you looked into the Event ID list. Altimeter is called something with Kolsman, Airspeed Indicator I don't know... maybe something with Calibrated...
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2017-01-03 14:46
pizman82
Supporter
Hello Fran1970

I don´t understand youre question at the moment ? You can display Airspeed or Altimeter on a 7 Segment or a gauge.... But you can´t "adjust" it with a encoder in a plane.
Maby you mean the Autopilot Altittude and the Autopilot selected speed IAS ??

To help you i need some informations.....

1. What Aircraft do you use ? Standard Aircrafts like the FSX Cessna or the Stock B737 got OTHER Offsets like AddOns (PMDG, Aerosoft, FSL)
2. What function do you want to control. "Altimeter" is not specific enough.... Please explane me what exact you want to change with this encoder.

I´m sure we can help you.... With mobiflight nearly everything can be done.
Good Luck !
2017-01-03 16:30
Fran1970
:) :) Thank you very much
The altimeter is KHLOSMAN and the airspeed is TRUE AIRSPEED CAL DEC and INC
:thumbup:
2017-01-03 20:26
pizman82
Supporter
Nice to hear you found what you need....

But for next time please give us more information....
If you explane where this encoder is in witch plane or what it do in the plane, then its only a work of some minutes to give you the right Offset/EventID.
But its a little bit difficult to come from "Altimeter Encoder" to the result " Kollman Window QNH Setting" .
If you say " The Encoder at the Altimeter (in a Cessna) that change the QNH in the inner Display"..... Everybody know what you need !

Good Luck !
Good Luck !
2017-01-04 01:31
OldAirmail
The actual terminology is Kollsman (AKA Kohlsman in FSX/P3d), as in "Kollsman Window". The knob to adjust it will usually be labeled "BARO" (as in barometer), if it's labeled at all.

The two instructions are KOHLSMAN_INC and KOHLSMAN_DEC.

The "window" between the 2 and 3 is where the adjustment is shown. The round knob in the lower left is the knob that you want to replicate.

One way or another, this is used in all aircraft.

For more info read - Barometric Pressure and Altimeter Settings.
[Last edited by OldAirmail, 2017-01-05 15:28]
2017-01-05 15:12
DocMoebiuz
Great explanation! Thanks! Great pictures!!!
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2017-01-11 04:51
sunjunkiesi
Hi All

Sorry to necro this thread - I am new to mobiflight, and am finding it excellent . I am just in the middle of setting up my mobiflight panel, and I also want to control the altimeter kohlsman/kollsman setting with an encoder. I know that kohlsman_inc and kohlsman_dec are the key strokes, but I can't see how to set this up in mobiflight. Does anyone know how to make an encoder set the pressure setting in the kohlsman window?

Thanks all

si
2017-09-15 20:45
pizman82
Supporter
Hi sunjunkiesi
Welcome to mobilfight !

Not be scarred.... If it´s usefull to refresh a old topic then nobody have a problem ! In that case this is already better as opening a new topic!

If you use FSX or P3D the needed Command is a "EVENT ID" .... This can be found in Mobiflight in INPUT Configs in the Dropdown Field...."Action Type" ( Input Tab )
(WITH Xplane EventID are not supportet !)

There you got 2 possible ways....

1.You use the "USE PRESET" Field..... here you type in the Name like "KOHL" and then the hits shown in the List...... if you Mark one of it and click on USE Preset Mobiflight do all the Rest for you, ( Most of all eisting Events are listed there)

2, You enter the EVENT ID Number and the Parameter Youreself.
In the FSUIPC Subfolder of P3D or FSX you find a full list of Commands! called.... "The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls.PDF"
There are all Events listed with there ID number ! Alternate you can download it here.... http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

For you this is needed...
iconQuote:

KOHLSMAN INC 65883
KOHLSMAN DEC 65884

use THIS EventID Numbers ( or the Presets) parameter normaly is always "1" in FSX strandard Events !

Hope this helps... If not still ask again... We try to help you !
Good Luck !
2017-09-16 02:07
sunjunkiesi
:w00t:

I had been trying to do everything through offsets, I didn't realise there was an eventid option! This makes life a lot easier...

Many thanks.
2017-09-17 09:49
pizman82
Supporter
Nice it workes !

I recommend for the future to always keep a Eye on both ways.....

Standard Aircrafts work normaly DUAL.... You can use Events or Offset Settings.......
PMDG or other AddOns accept only EventID for Inputs.
Another AddOns are bassed on Offset Settings ONLY.

By The way....
You can do the Kollsmann Setting with Offset Technic, too.
Have a look at this...
iconQuote:

Offset: 0330 Size in Byte: 2 ........Altimeter pressure setting (“Kollsman” window). As millibars (hectoPascals) * 16

Good Luck !
2017-09-17 15:58
dozs22
Hey saludo para la gente de habla hispana. Después de muchas horas de probar diferentes soluciones, creo que encontré algo que puede ayudar a muchos a solucionar este paso y continuar con sus proyectos.

* asumiendo que ya la configuración de encoder esta lista se debe pasar a la ventana de configuración de la entrada, nos ubicamos en la pestaña input y en preset dejamos el campo vacío, en la casilla offset ingresamos el valor 0x0330, la casilla value type: int, size in bytes:2, BCD mode sin seleccionar se lo deja vacío, set value en la casilla on left: $-1, set value en la casilla on right: $+1, es esto lo único que varia entre las dos ventanas, lo demas se debe conservar igual.

Espero los ayude.
2018-10-13 23:07
achaverr
amigo dozs22, gracias me sirvió y funciona

gracias
2019-04-23 03:01
djw4250
Really helpful information here - thank you.
D J Wilkinson
2019-12-25 07:41
icon