MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
TGFSC
Hi Mobiflight forum
I am very new to Mobiflight , that said I have managed to get the QFE adjustment and the heading bug adjustment to work with the FSX on screen instruments using rotary encoders however I can't get the VOR1 OBS adjustment to work, as far as I can tell I used the same procedure as the other two. using the ident drop down box then clicking on VOR1 OBS dec then VOR1 OBS inc but the compass card does not move, can anyone help please

I have also built a com1 panel using two 7 seg led displays and encoders and switches.

May I say that thus far the Mobiflight software is fantastic never thought that I would be able to build anything as complicated as a radio panel, thanks for all the tutorials.

kindest regards
Ian
2017-12-08 16:37
pizman82
Supporter
hhhm.
do you mean THAT....

VOR1 OBI DEC 65662
VOR1 OBI INC 65663

Try this Event ID.....

Not shure what you looking for.
Good Luck !
2017-12-10 00:13
djw4250
Pizman - greetings.
I would like to find out how to set up Mobiflight to handle my rotary encoder inputs for adjusting the Omni Bearing Course selector (NAV1 OBS? or VOR1 OBS??) ky040 encoder - default Baron B58; FSX. I suspect that your reply in this post is the answer I need but I don't know what to do with the string of characters you provided. Can you direct me to a tutorial that addresses this item?

STOP PRESS! Got it working. Stop searching for the answer everyone. Cheers. I must get the prize for being the slowest learner here - it's taken me about 14 months to join all the dots from all the forums I have spent hours and hours searching through. At least I have been persistent, if that is a praiseworthy attribute. I was about 10 minutes away from throwing it all out and going to Leo Bodnar.
[Last edited by djw4250, 2019-12-24 23:32]
D J Wilkinson
2019-12-24 21:35
pizman82
Supporter
No Problem....

Believe me.... All of us reach this point in the past.
The good news.... With every little problem you finaly solve your skills increase and next time the same thing isn´t a problem for you.

Basic suggestion ..... If you stuck on a point, then drink a coffee, smoke a ciggarette ( or better not :blink: ) go for a drink or simply sleep some hours.
So come down... Keep calm and start again.
Every problem can be solved if you interested to learn how it can be solved. ;)

So... Merry Christmas to New Zealand
Good Luck !
2019-12-25 04:42
icon