MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
StephanHo
Supporter
hi Gemu,

as far as I know, MobiFlight is not designed for a matrix.

The two ON-OFF switches, which you describe in one housing, are interdependent. They are virtually locked against each other within the housing, but are not discreet.
As far as I have got to know a matrix, it is usually activated by buttons, i.e. momentary switches.

However, the display you mentioned is the switch display. As far as I'm following you. Only this is not a matrix. Leo Bodnar explicitly differentiates between the possibility to use 12 ON-OFF switches or the 6 x 6 matrix. I have 6 BU0836 in operation myself and use it in the switch variant and it works perfectly.

I think you misunderstood me or I expressed myself unhappily, because basically you are saying exactly what I wanted to say in other words: MF does not evaluate a matrix.
So you have no mistake in thinking! ;)
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-12-21 19:29
pizman82
Supporter
@ Stephan @ GeMu

I think this is a verry important thematic..... Lets talk about that ( in german) on a other topic. I also not undertand this completly and basicly one of our two ideas must be wrong.
Lets go there : https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/4631.html
Good Luck !
2019-12-23 09:50
LucaT737
Hi guys!
Sorry if I wasn't really present but Christmas time is always busy, jobwise and familywise! Anyway, I found a few hours to work on SketchUp and I believe I am now 3D printing what (I really hope) is the final hardware for my EFIS panel, then I will be soldering a bit of stuff and I was planning to make a video of the whole process, so I'll be able to show you what I did! For this one the plan was just to use the Arduino Mega and Mobiflight, to get started and getting grips, but I'll try to do something modular in order to make it easier if I want to change and adapt a new board.
iconQuote:

I see you got a lot of questions and you need some guidance.....

I do have many, and I will definitely contact you to ask for some things after these holidays and when I'll have a real plan on what to do. I'd like to be organized and have a few questions written in order not to waste your time in the call!
So far after the EFIS I'd love to have the MCP and one FMC. For the former at the moment I have a Microsoft Surface Pro connected to an external TV screen. On the Surface, being touchscreen I put the FMC (it's pretty much the same dimensions as the real one) and on the TV I go with FSX itself, it's a great solution but the Surface is nowhere near the computing power needed to properly run FSX, so I'm in low graphic settings and the frame rate is just horrible, but I'm experimenting... I'm planning to build a proper PC with time so this will solve the issue. Another problem with FMC on the Surface is that you really miss the feeling of the physical buttons!
iconQuote:

On the problem of the switch matrix:

Ok I think I got it.. So for instance a matrix would be great on an FMC or some parts of an MCP because they basically have a lot of momentary switches pressed pretty much one at the time, but it wouldn't be suitable for an overhead with ON OFF switches or rotary selectors! Ok I'll definitely take that into account!
2019-12-24 14:24
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2