MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
souza
Supporter
pizman82...thank you for the explanation in try to help me,
i was thinking that make a mega like a vjoy will be more ease, i just had assign some button in a vjoy, but some buttons doesnt work,and i dont confortble to install another drive to solve this, i believe that is better to wait for a solution from MOBIFLIGHT to use all 51 pins, in MF mode.
thank you again
huges from BRAZIL-IVOTI-RS
SIMULAR É...
2018-09-01 19:33
pizman82
Supporter
Sorry my friend... I not understand the problem finaly....

1. 51 Pins will not be possible. 50 is the Limit ! I think there are no planings to change this cap !

2. You can Controll 50 Buttons via VJOY with ONE Arduino ! Simply create 50 Inputs and create TWO VJoy Joysticks.
Then Input 1-32 will Controll the buttons of Joystick 1 and Input 33-50 controll Buttons on Joystick 2.

3. If you need 51 Devices... Split them on 2 Megas.... 25 /26 each.... Big benefit. You can also set your LED there or use the free pins for other stuff !
Good Luck !
2018-09-01 20:07
souza
Supporter
pizman82, my friend....sorry, i need only 50 inputs...i going to find " the Heronimus Script`" to try to fix this
thank you again.
SIMULAR É...
2018-09-03 13:05
pizman82
Supporter
Do the way you enjoy mostly.....

But i think this will not work !

1. "Heronimus script" will NOT work on a Mega..... For 50 inputs you neet 3-4 Arduino Micro ( or you build a Matrix shifting with diodes)
2. Whatever you got it.... The Sim not work with a 50 Button Joystick.... Limit is 32 Button. So you MUST use minimum 2 Arduinos here so Windows see 2 Sticks !

Maby i finaly not understand your intentions....
But if you like 50 Real-Buttons should controll 50 Joystick Button-Inputs in the Sim..... Then the solution with Mobiflight, ONE Mega and 2 Virtual VJoy Devices is the easyest... fastest and cheapest solution you can have !
Good Luck !
2018-09-03 16:55
souza
Supporter
EVERYTHING WORKING......
hello my mobifryends....after a long time trying to fix this problem, and without success with VJOY program, because i have a ARDUINO MEGA CLONE, not original, ....i decided to clean all my inputs in MF, and assign each one, step by step, assign every inputs, code and test...and....everything is working....i dont know were the devil problems were...but ..its solved.
thank you in particular Mr pizman82 for your patience...some times is too confuse too understand some parts, directly like a programmation...but i am achieing my goals witH MF.
SIMULAR É...
2018-09-09 17:57
myflightdeck
Can someone post a video up of how to configure vjoy and mobiflight? My situation is a bit different, I do not have FSUIPC OFFSET associated with my aircraft so I am using LVARS and mapping them to a macro. Is it possible to record a macro and assign it to a vjoy button and then fire the button off from within mobiflight? If so, any chance someone could write me a simple step by step (for dummies) tutorial?
2019-12-19 01:32
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

You talk about two different systems.

Part 1 is the Macro Itself.
Here i can not help you cause i still not be able to programm myself in LUA..... I try to lear it but never find time. I also not need it personaly cause i use PMDG and that is compatible with FSUIPC so no Lua scripts are needed.
I recommend to read the FSUIPC Manual for Advanced Users ( including in SDK Download) . Also google for "Lua Macros" and try to learn if you can "fire" Lvar Commands.
NOTE: I´m not sure but i think for that advanced stuff you need the Payware Version of FSUIPC.... Check this out youreself.

Part 2 is the question HOW you can fire the Macro ( If you still create it in part 1)
Here we got multiple ways.

With the "LUA Macro Tool" of Mobiflight it is possible to start/stop a specific Macro directly by Mobiflight (Input Typ).
(Thats the DIRECT way)

Otherwise the Macro must be controlled in FSUIPC (Payware Version) by a defined INPUT.
This Inputs can be Keys or Joystick Buttons.

And here Mobiflight provide 3 Systems to create those Inputs:
1. KEY SEND .... This Input Type simply send a Key/KeyCombo when you Press or Release a Button/switch
2. VIRTUAL Joystick Button..... This is a special FSUIPC Offset Range we can Write to Bitwise 1/0 to simulate a Joystickbutton Press that is detect by FSUIPC. ( 128 buttons if i remember right)
3. VJOY ..... This Need to install the Vjoy Software that will create virtual Joysticks ( Windows think simply there is a Gamepad set to USB whatever it is just virtual)
Here we can use those virtual Buttons as Input Type in Mobiflight.... So a Button/Switch Input will send a Command to Vjoy Software....: And There the Buttonpress get simulated.

Whatever of these 3 ways you choose...... FSUIPC will detect the Input and THERE you must set the Macro.... Then it will be "fired" everytime Mobiflight send the needed indicator input.

Most easy way to learn ( If you still got FSUIPC Payware) is to create at first the 3 Kinds of Inputs and try to bring them into FSUIPC.
Then You can try the Lua Plugin to fire a Teting Macro.
If all is working fine you be able to controll Macros and know the technics..... Then you just need finaly creating the Macro itself !
Good Luck !
2019-12-19 04:02
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2