MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
gaddemyt
Hello, before I purchase a Clone of Arduino - I mean ATmega2560, I would like to know if it is compatible with Mobiflight and what is the difference between Arduino mega and ATmega. Arduino costs about 40$, but ATmega about 10$. What is the difference? Is it compatible with Mobiflight. Thank you in advance for answers.
2018-08-05 23:56
paul_max
Supporter
You will find that EBay is flooded with cheap Arduino clones, made at rock bottom prices in China.
The Arduino hardware is easy to copy, the software is very easy to copy.

There are "official" versions at higher prices. It is often difficult to spot the difference between official and clone.

I have used a clone successfully with MobiFlight and other projects.

Paul
2018-08-06 00:33
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Basicly Mobiflight support the clones.... ( And most users here work with clones maby +95% )
Normaly there are no problems ( Whatever the lifetime is not so high in some cheap China Boards.... But thats not a fact if you can buy 4 instead of 1)

Only Problem:
Mobiflight must "see" the clone as a Mega.... So it must know some Data of this Board. Sebastian include a long list of "numbers" here. So MF is compatible to lots of Clones.
If your Clone have a other number then a short Email with data to Sebastian is needed... Then he will make a hotfix to implement this new clone in MF.
BUT.... This not happen since 2 Years.... I Think till now we have included all Clones that are available on market for the moment!

Summary... Buy a Clone.... Be Happy !
Good Luck !
2018-08-22 06:40
jc
Hi there, Recently I bought a mega from geekcreit ( banggood). Unfortunately mobiflight doesn't recognize it, so l bought one from elegoo and thankfully that was recognized. Although its expensive compared to the Chinese ones . I'm wondering if anyone has experience with mega clones acquired on aliexpress and if so could they let me know which one's are compatible with mobiflight and who the producer is, much appreciated JC.
2019-12-04 12:41
DocMoebiuz
Typically almost all clones use the same identifiers than the original ones.
If yours is not recognized then let me know what VID PID shows in the Device Manager and what is the friendly name of the device.
I can add the support then with the next release.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-12-05 20:13
jc
Hi Sebastian, thanks. The Id is as follows:
USB\Vid_1a86&Pid_7523&Rev_0254
Please excuse my ignorance but what is the and where do I find the friendly name of the device
2019-12-06 16:41
icon