MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2
Ridgeandgable
Just a quick update

Pete has been working hard at fsuipc and trying his best to get an update out ASAP. We’ve been testing offsets for the outputs etc, things are looking good.

With the run towards Xmas and the weather at this time of year, for myself (a roofer) I’m getting really busy at work and not sure I can give 100% to testing for Pete. We are also using the Fsuipc SDK kit for testing etc which I’ve never used before, so..... Am I able to recommend someone to Pete Dawson who is capable with the knowledge of offsets, fsuipc etc?
2019-11-16 18:47
DocMoebiuz
I don’t own the PMDG, so I can’t really help. I could only help with general issues.
[Last edited by DocMoebiuz, 2019-11-20 04:07]
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-11-16 23:31
Ridgeandgable
Success :w00t:

We now have a fully working PMDG 737 ngxU

There are a few new / adjusted offsets but everything else has been worked to stay the same as the NGX

iconhtml4strict:

ADDED FROM OFFSET 6C6A ONWARDS
==============================

// Yet more new variables 
6C6A	unsigned int	ADF_StandbyFrequency;			// Standby frequency multiplied by 10
6C6E 	bool			AFS_AutothrottleServosConnected;	// True if the autothrottle system is driving the 
						thrust levers
6C6F	bool			AFS_ControlsPitch;				// The autoflight system is actively controlling pitch
6C70	bool			AFS_ControlsRoll;

6C71	bool			ELEC_BusPowered[16];			// True if the corresponding bus is powered:
													// DC HOT BATT			0	
													// DC HOT BATT SWITCHED	1	
													// DC BATT BUS			2	
													// DC STANDBY BUS		3	
													// DC BUS 1				4	
													// DC BUS 2				5	
													// DC GROUND SVC		6
													// AC TRANSFER 1		7
													// AC TRANSFER 2		8
													// AC GROUND SVC 1		9
													// AC GROUND SVC 2		10
													// AC MAIN 1			11
													// AC MAIN 2			12
													// AC GALLEY 1			13
													// AC GALLEY 2			14
													// AC STANDBY			15
6C81	bool			MCP_indication_powered;			// true when the MCP is powered and the MCP windows 
														are indicating

6C82	char			AIR_DisplayFltAlt[6];			// Pressurization system FLT ALT window, zero 
						terminated, can be blank or show dashes or show test pattern
6C88	char			AIR_DisplayLandAlt[6];			// Pressurization system LAND ALT window, zero 
						terminated, can be blank or show dashes or show test pattern

// New variables for 737NGXu
6C8E	bool			MAIN_annunCABIN_ALTITUDE;
6C8F	bool			MAIN_annunTAKEOFF_CONFIG;
6C90	bool			CVR_annunTEST;					// CVR TEST indicator

AND THESE (ORIGINALLY INSERTED IN OLDER PART) STARTING AT OFFSET 6C91
=====================================================================

6C91	bool			FUEL_AuxFwd[2];						// aux fwd A and aux fwd B
6C93	bool			FUEL_AuxAft[2];						//aux aft A and aux aft B
6C95	bool			FUEL_FWDBleed;
6C96	bool			FUEL_AFTBleed;
6C97	bool			FUEL_GNDXfr;

========================================

Pete hasn't posted the updated on the website yet, but if anyone needs the updated version, just message here and I'll get a link out to you
2019-11-21 11:30
pizman82
Supporter
Thats pretty cool.

Also inlcuding some stuff we try to rebuild by dummys and difficult improvements in the past.....
Like ADF StBy..... The Servo-Throttle indication and the MCP Powered Bool.
Lots of new posibilitys.

So summary i looking realy forward to new FS2020 and the PMDG Versions for it. If the limitation from FSUIPC is gone and we have access to the internal Data 100% then pretty sure PMDG give us ALL we need for a full Homecockpit. Another step closer to ProSim and Magenta !
Good Luck !
2019-11-21 16:27
DocMoebiuz
Really cool! Good work!

Can you ask Pete Dowson to donate a FSUIPC key to me so that I can check some stuff with LUA scripts and MobiFlight? :lol: i still only use the unregistered version :blush:
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-11-21 19:46
Ridgeandgable
lol Sebastian, I can certainly ask, but I think I may know the answer.

As one thing is now fixed, it of course has caused another great issue.... Linda :D

Linda have released an updated aircraft module for their own software to work with the NGXu, however, this does not work with the new FSUIPC, as Pete has worked backwords to make the NGX and the NGXu work together in P3D. So the problem I have now is that with all the new Linda files, I get pretty shiney lights on the overhead, but now no inputs work unless they're coming from Mobiflight or programmed in FSUIPC :D

Looks like Linda has to either update again, or I might try and change aircraft names in the modules to make it think its a NGX and use the controls I have set for that. Or the long way around and scrap Linda and use fsuipc directly for inputs and mobilflight
2019-11-21 22:37
pizman82
Supporter
Pretty Sure Linda will also get to the status from FSUIPC..... Cause it simply based completly on FSUIPC and "must" follow the direction, Pete choose for. Here Pete and his Son are the "Kings of the World" .

Whatever..... I personaly think Linda is just a poor tool for lazy people. Read 10-20 Pages of Manuals and a little knowledge about the basics like Hexadecimal and Binary..... And you be able to make your Inputs perfect in FSUIPC. Why using a tool where you not know how it workes and where you get in real trouble if the "file" is not updated are a project is canceled.
Here i recommend..... Make it Yourself.... Then you know it´s done perfectly!
Good Luck !
2019-11-22 05:39
DocMoebiuz
Linda is cool! I think they did a great job. If you have a joystick and want to assign functions and scripts it’s so easy.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

2019-11-22 15:14
pizman82
Supporter
Not missunderstand me.....
I´m not a pro in Linda..... Just try it out a short time in the past.... So the negative comment was just my short "personal" review.

There i got the experience that all that is done with Linda can be also done in the FSUIPC "Button" or "Key" Tabs (Registred Version) .
Sure if you got no Reg. FSUIPC your point of view is different. ( Do Linda work 100% with NO-Reg FSUIPC ??? )

The problematic i see is if you use LINDA with premade Configs.... For AddOn Aircrafts or for Special Prebuild Hardware like CPFlight.
Here you use a file "blind in the dark" without knowledge how it work. And then if something is updated then you got exactly the problem as written above.

A User with knowledge get Petes new List and simply sort the Events new ( 20 min work by hand) and all is fine. A Linda Preset File user must wait until the creators of that file do this work..... Maby in a Week or maby never if they stop working on it.
Good Luck !
2019-11-22 15:33
DocMoebiuz
LINDA requires a registered version of FSUIPC because it uses the LUA engine.
All joystick assignments basically trigger LUA functions and you can do whatever you want inside these functions. All LINDA modules for the different planes can be edited in case something doesn’t work or if you wanna change it.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

2019-11-22 19:49
Mossman
I will keep using the old PMDG 737 still a good beast and mobiflight supports it...
2019-12-01 11:50
micheluzzopaneevinuzzo
Hi guys, fsuipc has released the new update? I'm in the same situation as you, all 737u outputs don't work. Thanks for your answer
2019-12-03 16:38
lud733
Hi Ridgeandgable,
Yes I would like a link to get updated Offsets for my Overhead and MCP annun. lights,
Please send to lud733@adam.com.au.

Regards lud733.
2019-12-09 10:09
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2