MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
eapc.piloto
Hi Everyone:

I´m suffering something rare and wrong with encoders using FSX normally with heading and VOR´s but replicable with any other function. I just use left and right, but no fast functions, so when I rotate fast repeatedly and then stop, heading bug or VOR OBS continues moving and it doesn´t stop as soon as I stop rotating encoder. Error appears few minutes after connection, so if you rotate it fast at the begining error may not appears.
Thanks a lot for your help.
2019-09-20 01:00
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
At first i not completly understand ......

iconeapc.piloto:

so when I rotate fast repeatedly and then stop, heading bug or VOR OBS continues moving and it doesn´t stop as soon as I stop rotating encoder.

That confusing me.... Problem begins when you STOP turning.... and it end if you STOP again ??? How can you stop again without another starting turning between this step ?
Or in other words.... If you start turning between how do you know if inputs are a Bug or correct by this additional turning ?
If possible tell me more detailed the problem situation.

At the moment we observe a maby simmular bug.....

Basicly the known bug occure with a use of 2:1 Encoders (maby also 4:1) but it NOT occure with 1:1 Encoders.
There the problem is just a "after-run" when you turn it fast. Means the Heading Bug etc runs maby 3-5 seconds after you stop turning..... BUT then it will stop by itself.
So no permanent issue..... Just a "delay" .

If Possible pleae Confirm:

1. Does the virtual turning stop itself after a couple of time ? If Yes how long does it take ? (known Bug is 2-5 sec)
2. Do you use also 2:1 or 4:1 Encoders. ( In other Bug only those are involved and 1:1 work fine)
3. Do you have "Logging Mode" Enable ? ( Logging Mode should be OFF at all time)
4. What FSUIPC Polling rate is set in Mobiflight options menu ?

Thanks for your help !
Good Luck !
2019-09-20 03:39
eapc.piloto
Hi pizman, and thanks for your answer.

First at all, excuse me because sometimes my english is not good enough.

I got you understand to me. But I´ll try to be more simple just for confirmation:

If I rotate slow, there is no problem. But if I rotate fast repeatedly (>3 seconds) and I stop rotating fisical encoder, function selected (heading bug, VOR OBS, Kohlsman ...) stops moving after a long time (>5 seconds).

Answering to your questions, then

1.Yes. that´s behavor is observed.
2. I use 1:1 encoders, but I setup encoders with ALL CONFIGURATIONS (00,11,01,...4 steps) to troubbleshot , but with any of them bug is presented.
3. Logging off always, but I´ve tried to enable to troubbleshot and still fails.
4. for testing, I´ve tried to use from 150 to 300 ms.

For your information, error doesn´t appears at the begining but few minutes after connection or encoders use.
2019-09-20 19:58
DocMoebiuz
Are you using EventIDs or FSUIPC Offsets?
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-09-20 22:23
pizman82
Supporter
iconeapc.piloto:

First at all, excuse me because sometimes my english is not good enough.

No problem my friend.
95% of users here (except people from GB and US) not speak english as first language. So my english is not better then yours :P

About Problem.

Looks like we got a little bug. But Sebastian is still in action and reply here. So i hopefully think this gonna be reproduceable.
Please cooperate with him and give requested informations.
If needed Stephan and myself can do also testings for confirmation and BETA Troubleshoot.

( @ Hannes from Austria .... Check this Topic. Same Symptoms like in your system maby)
Good Luck !
2019-09-21 14:32
eapc.piloto
hi everyone:

I´m using for these functions I´m using events, because I really don´t know how to make math additions to offsets.
2019-09-21 22:33
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi eapc.piloto,

the offset itself can nit bei minipulated by math-operations but their value.

Take any Output configuration and klick on the right side on the thre points (...). Then the Confi Wizard will open.

In the middle you will see a prompt named TRANSFORM. This line is normally greyed out but if you set the hook left of the prompt you can write in this line.

The "$"-sign is always the value of your offset and if you write there $+10000 then Mobiflight will add 10000 to the value of the offset.
There are other options to calculate the value ie IF($=1,10,$). Will say: if the value is 1 then set the output value to 10 else set it to the value of $
So only the value 1 will set your output to 10 in every other cases the value is the one of the offset. Use the search function of this forum to find other examples.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-09-21 23:33
Hannes
Supporter
Hi,
the error I can also confirm with my system. 1: 1 encoders work perfectly.
2: 1 encoders have a delay of 2-5 seconds after turning.
Unfortunately, I did not install 4: 1 encoders in my system, so I can not judge this functionality.
If I set the 2: 1 encoder in Mobiflight to 1: 1, then every second Detent missing, but it works without noticeable delay.
www.modellbau-technik.at
hannes.dobersberger@modellbau-technik.at
2019-09-23 09:49
DocMoebiuz
I will take a look at it a soon as I can, not sure why that would be different with 1:2 and 1:4.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-09-23 15:18
pizman82
Supporter
EDIT: Sorry for using German.... Not see that this is already a english topic !:blush:

Hi

Hab ne Vermutung, das die Probleme in der Library entstehen die für diese "Encoder umwandlung" damals eingefügt wurde.

Leider ist wie immer mein Programmierwissen zu wenig um da nen genauen schluss zu ziehen..... aber ich sehe dort "sleep/wait" commands oder sowas ähnliches.
Rein aus Laien Sicht ist ein "stopper" immer schlecht..... besonders in nen Element wie den Encodern die ja mit Abstand die meisten Inputs in kürzester Zeit feuern.

Meine Empfehlung..... Geh mal nicht von der Mobiflight (PC) seite ran sondern fang bei dieser Library an bzw check mal wie der User das damals eingebettet hat. Womöglich war ja dessen Logik schlicht nur falsch.
[Last edited by pizman82, 2019-09-24 21:41]
Good Luck !
2019-09-24 07:03
eapc.piloto
Hi everyone.
And don´t worry pizman for german. Meanwhile google translator still works your comments are welcome.!:thumbup:

I will try all your suggestions.
I hope to get results and a possible solution to share.

Thanks a lot.
2019-09-25 01:00
pizman82
Supporter
UPDATE:

Bug is located..... Next release will fix that problem. Testing Beta Version feels good.
Please stay patient until release.
Good Luck !
2019-10-05 13:18
eapc.piloto
Thanks a lot.
I´m downloading new version and I´ll test.
2019-11-09 19:17
pizman82
Supporter
OK.

Live Version 7.7.0 should be already fixed.
Please download the current release and test...... Normaly problems should be solved !
Good Luck !
2019-11-10 01:18
icon