MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2
Ridgeandgable
Hi Guys

Just bought and installed the new 737ngx U and although I'm impressed with the new additions, I'm a little upset that PMDG didn't use the same offsets / Event IDs

I've just started up the sim, and None of the cockpit work anymore (Overhead panel annunicators etc)

Radios appear to be working and displaying correctly

Looks like the weekend will be looking for the offset / IDs for all annunicators and sitting here putting all this back on.

I've looked in the H file that came with the SDK folder, but haven't found the values for the annunicators yet, Does someone know where to find them all?

Thanks
2019-11-09 01:44
thatchi
Let me know ur email. I will send u what I have. It sp1d update I think . Cheer.
2019-11-09 02:24
Ridgeandgable
Hi

It’s harrylodge82@icloud.com

It’s almost like the SDK option isn’t enabled on the new version, everything else works perfectly. Just No outputs
2019-11-09 02:33
thatchi
hi ridgeandgable. Sent u 2 files for 737 offset and eventID .
2019-11-09 06:56
thatchi
I can't test with 737ngxu since I fly fsx se. U have to test with the new version for p3d. Maybe they change offsets. Good luck. Let us know what u find.
2019-11-09 07:13
pizman82
Supporter
iconRidgeandgable:

It’s almost like the SDK option isn’t enabled on the new version, everything else works perfectly. Just No outputs

Stupid question..... Do you Enable the SDK Option by youreself ??
A new install always require the rework of the INI File.....
Also check if file is maby in a writeprotect Windows folder and your "edit" was maby not saved correctly!

Quote from th FSX Version ...... Maby the file is called different for your system.

iconQuote:

To enable the data communication output from the PMDG aircraft, you will need to open the file 737NGX_Options.ini (located in the FSX folder PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX, and add the following lines to the end of the file:

[SDK] EnableDataBroadcast=1

For me its same like thatchi..... I not use P3D so i can not test the "u" Version myself.

I would wonder if PMDG realy change the Offsets...... If Yes then you must also check for a FSUIPC Update ( That include the new stuff and pretty sure a new "Offset List for PMDG" PDF File in the documents subfolder ..... Specialy for the new version ! )
Good Luck !
2019-11-09 15:30
Ridgeandgable
Hi Guys

Thanks for the email. Unfortunatly its the same info I have.

I did enable the Broadcast option and have tested that with a remote CDU which is working fine. All inputs are working perfectly.

PMDG have said the offsets for the annunicators are the same as the NGX version, but obviously something isn't working between PMDG, FSUIPC and Mobi

I think perhaps a fsuipc update is required, I have no idea about any of that stuff.

So any PMDG NGX guys reading, keep hold of your £££ at the moment until someone releases an update to work with outputs.

I'm away to install the good old NGX :D
2019-11-09 22:58
Ridgeandgable
Just a quick update.

I've spoken with Pete from FSUIPC, and he has confirmed, FSUIPC will need to make changes to get this to work :( Here is his response

iconQuote:

Well, thanks for the file.
It isn't trivial I'm afraid. apart from the Simconnect sharing data changing (different IDs), which is dead easy to deal with, there are lots of extra entries at the end of the data (after the "FMC FlightNumber"). Now for your existing use they probably don't matter because you wouldn't be using them.
BUT there are these extra values plonked in the middle too, just following "FUEL PumpCtrSw:"
bool FUEL_AuxFwd[2]; // aux fwd A and aux fwd B
bool FUEL_AuxAft[2]; //aux aft A and aux aft B
bool FUEL_FWDBleed;
bool FUEL_AFTBleed;
bool FUEL_GNDXfr;

I seem to remember their "bool" being defined as a Byte, so that insertion shifts everything following down 5 bytes.
I don't know if the software you are using is easily configurable to change the offsets it is using. If it isn't then the only way would be for FSUIPC to manipulate the data to move those extra 5 values to the end, after all the new stuff, and move the following stuff back to where it is with the NGX.
That would make sense for compatibility reasons, but being a more work cannot be done instantly. I'll discuss it with John next week.
The problem we would then have is testing. You would need to do that for us as it really isn't worth us purchasing the NG3 (which, BTW, seems to be known as the "NGXu" when it's for P3D4, only NG3 for MSFS2020 -- that's despite it being called NG3 in that .h file!)
Pete

2019-11-10 00:45
pizman82
Supporter
:scared: That are bad news.

I realy hope that PMDG not change there logic finaly..... It make absolutly no sense to do this maby 1 Year or less to release of FS2020 ..... Cause THEN most of users will swap platform afterall.

So.... Sorry for that. Mobiflight simply will use current logic and will work for old PMDG 737..... Hopefully Pete Dowson will rework FSUIPC ..... If not, then new PMDG 737"u" is no longer useable with Mobiflight ( and all other FSUIPC based programmes).
Good Luck !
2019-11-10 01:15
Ridgeandgable
Hi Pizman

From what I understand from Pete, its simply new Event ID's and Offsets that need to be re-jigged around, nothing to major.

He asked if "mobiflight" allows for manual entering of offsets in which I replied "yes", he seems to think mobiflight won't be affected if we go can enter these manually.

I agree it does seem silly to do this now, but in a good way I'm glad its happened now and FSUIPC are able to adjust things now, so when MS 2020 is released, everything and everyone should be issue free interms of Mobiflight and FSUIPC.

Petes asked me to test any new fsuipc settings as they come in which I'm happy to do, so I will report back here as progress happens. Fingers crossed its a quick fix
2019-11-10 01:23
thatchi
Maybe for one using ngxu, he can test offset after FUEL _PumpCtrSw which is 6461, by adding 5byte to subsequent offsets. So for next offset FUEL_annunENG_VALVE_CLOSED supposed to be 6463, he can try manually set at 6468, or 646D if the extra 5 offsets is double for left and right.
2019-11-10 03:30
pizman82
Supporter
But.... One fact is not clear.....

iconRidgeandgable:

I did enable the Broadcast option and have tested that with a remote CDU which is working fine. All inputs are working perfectly.

Inputs are not the problem..... The Inputs via EventID should work.... Whatever you have rework the INI File or not. The "Databroadcast" Line is only need for OUTPUT.

So if i understand right then PMDG use the same Offset Range but just include some new..... So they range is bigger and Pete must include some new offsets behind the others....
BUT that means the old offsets should work..... Maby in wrong sequence if a new one is somewhere between..... And maby the last ones are missing in case of non existing area in FSUIPC......

If you have completly no Outputs then i would say again you must check the INI file again !

EDIT: About Petes request.
Why should FSUIPC get reworked here ?
He only need to include a reworked "OffsetList for PMDG7373-U P3D.pdf that include the new stuff.
For me it make no sense to change Offsets ( out of PMDG internal sequence) just that some users who have old PMDG 737NGX a better swap. If a user buy a new addon then its his work to check his configs !
[Last edited by pizman82, 2019-11-10 15:30]
Good Luck !
2019-11-10 15:18
pizman82
Supporter
iconRidgeandgable:

I agree it does seem silly to do this now, but in a good way I'm glad its happened now and FSUIPC are able to adjust things now, so when MS 2020 is released, everything and everyone should be issue free interms of Mobiflight and FSUIPC.

Here you should also keep calm.

Sebastian is listed for the Alpha Testing to get a soon as possible access to FS2020 .... To check how Mobiflight can be implement here.
BUT..... We should note.... FSUIPC is a pretty old technic from the eraly days of Cockpitbuilding.... Long time before FSX was released.
FS2020 will be a complete new System.... So it will get also a complete new interface for 3rd Party Software. Whatever i love Pete Dowson and his work..... I not think that FS2020 finaly need FSUIPC. Or better..... I Hope Sebastian build a "Mobiflight2020" that directly work with Sim ( without the bypass through FSUIPC)
Good Luck !
2019-11-10 15:27
Ridgeandgable
Hi Pizman

What I meant was By the time MS2020 is released, everyone should have something working :D

Under the current NGX offsets, nothing is working (I have no annuications at all and no 7 segments apart from radio), however, if I put in 0x0055 into a test 7 segment, it reads 117 (Not sure where the value is coming from tho) so yes, the ini is correct. However from the NGX offset list, I can't find a reference to 0x0055

I tested again with the remote CDU, which allows me to send and receive data to PMDG so I know the Broadcast setting is actually working

If you would like a copy of the H file, I'm happy to email it to you if you can make sense of it
2019-11-10 19:58
pizman82
Supporter
These is PMDG Internal stuff.....

If you like you can send me the file.h pizman@freenet.de

But as i know here the key is FSUIPC finaly that "sort" this outputs from PMDG (Simconnect Data) to existing Offsets....
Then it realy looks like PMDG use complete other SimConnect Areas OR FSUIPC simply not see the new PMDG737 as a PMDG and not open the Area for it.

Whatever..... Pete and his son make a wonderfull job..... If they can help pretty sure there is a update withing the next weeks.
Good Luck !
2019-11-11 15:28
Go to page 1Go to page 012Go to page 2Go to page 2