MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
michael1508
I am using MF and Jeehell since years. I recently updated Jeehell, MF and Prepar3D from 4.2 to 4.5.
Now I discovered that my parking brake does not work anymore.

I have the standard offset for the parking brake assigned to a certain switch in MF:
- When I activate the parking brake (value 1), it's recogniced in MF and executed in Jeehell.
- When I deactive the parking brake (value 0), it's still recogniced in MF, but not executed in Jeehell.

It used to work all the time before. And I didn't change the config of that switch.
I tried with an older Jeehell version, but same effect.

Thanks for your tipps!
Michael
2019-11-02 01:47
DocMoebiuz
Does it work in a default airplane?
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-11-02 02:44
pizman82
Supporter
If you Update Jeehell and also P3D you should check for the UpToDate FSUIPC, too.
Good Luck !
2019-11-02 17:01
michael1508
FSUIPC is according to latest version (compatible to P3Dv4).
I tried with a standard P3D plane - same effect: I can activate the parking brake (button press), but not deactivate (button release). However, in Mobiflight the release event is identified.

What else can I do to investigate the root of the error?
2019-11-03 13:07
pizman82
Supporter
Simply try to split the point of issue between hard and software.

If you got another button or switch try to send the "Release" Command on that button...... Or instead try another action like Gear UP on the current Button for "On Release"

You must find out if the function " Releae Parkingbrake" by writing that offset to zero is the Problem.... Or if the Release action of that button is the problematic part.
Good Luck !
2019-11-03 15:02
michael1508
ah yes - I already tried this!

a) programmed the affected parking brake switch revers > Brake activation is working on the release event now. Brake deactivation (FSUIPC Offset 0BC8 = 0) on button push is still not working
b) programmed another button with the parking brake deactivation > does not work either

So I assume, the value "0" for that offset is not written to FSUIPC.

It works though, if I assign a joystick button with the P3D keyboard shortcut.
2019-11-03 18:44
pizman82
Supporter
OK.

Thats the information we need.

You confirm that your Button work fine.
You also confirm that the "toggle" Action ( Whatever via Key, Joybutton or the corepondending EventID) is work fine.
So the Problem is basicly the Input Value "0" for set the parkingbrake to OFF.

I´m sorry but i haven´t FSUIPC for P3Dv4.x ...... And i also not use P3D a.t.m.

Maby a other user with UpToDate FSUIPC and P3D cn confirm if Parking Brake Input via 1/0 Vaues Offset write is worke fine, or not.
Good Luck !
2019-11-04 00:28
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi,

I'm using P3Dv4 and FSUIPC V5.151 and the parkingbrake with the offset 0x0BC8 with MF7.7.0

First I used the value 1 for PB set and 0 for PB release, but then the PB toggles, an effect that is undesirable.
So I changed the value for OnPress into 32767 and for OnRelease stays 0. This ensures that it is not toggled but that the PB is always turned on when OnPress.
If this also works with Jeehell I can't say...
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-11-04 11:18
pizman82
Supporter
Just a Idea.....

I have downloaded the FSUIPC V 4.xxxx Only in case i work with FSX ..... So i only got "my" PDF Offset List that was included.

Maby the FSUIPC V 5.xxx have a different Offset List and "maby" exactly this Offset is different.
Please check the lists ( and maby confirm the V5 List is the same or a different one)

Pete Dawson often talk about that he did a mistake in early days to use 2/4 Byte INT for Bool Stuff.
Parking Brake is a Bool ON/OFF Situation..... Makes basicly no sense to use a value like 32767 here.

32767 = 0111.1111 -- 1111.1111
1= 0000.0000 -- 0000.0001

If we write only "1" then just the last Bit is set . The qustion is..... What Bit finaly controll internal the system.... Maby Jeehell is different here... Maby P3D V5 is different here.
Good Luck !
2019-11-04 15:22
michael1508
Thanks guys, I appreciate your effort in helping with this annoying issue!

FSUIPC 5 is using the same offsets than in v4.

I also had it working with values 0 and 1. It worked with P3D 4.2. Then I am loosing the track, because I updated to 4.5, updated MF and updated Jeehell. And I moved MF from the server PC to a client. The letter shouldn’t be a problem, as the other MF functions are all working.

Now tried with 0 and 32767 according to the FSUIPC reference doc. But still no difference.

I think, I will try to get some help in the FSUIPC forum. Jeehell users reported, the Parking brake is working, but they didn’t use MF.

thanks again!
2019-11-04 22:17
pizman82
Supporter
iconmichael1508:

Then I am loosing the track, because I updated to 4.5, updated MF and updated Jeehell. And I moved MF from the server PC to a client. The letter shouldn’t be a problem, as the other MF functions are all working.

Interesting !!!!

A new spot of possible issue is now WideFS.....
If you like you can make a simple test.
Install Mobiflight on the Server PC ..... Set your Board ..... And Test it.
It make a difference if you send a command directly to FSUIPC (Server) or to WideFS (Client) maby.

If you can confirm this is the problem then you must adress this BugReport to Pete Dowson..... Then WideFS is the Problem !

Basicly i can say you are a good example how those problems occure.
You install a new version of Sim .... A New Version of AddOn Aircraft..... Pretty sure a new Version of FSUIPC and finaly a complete new intall of WideFS and also a new Version of Mobiflight.
5 new Things occure in one Problem...... Nearly not possible to see now WHAT of this 5 thing is the issue spot !
Good Luck !
2019-11-04 23:20
michael1508
Hi Pizman,

I know, only change one system at a time. So true. But what shall you do after resetting your whole PC.... ;)

But, most important - you brought up the deciding point! It's WideFS!!

I was sure, it worked already after moving MF to the client. But now testing it, as you said, I see it's working from the Server PC. And confirmed again, it's still not working from the Client PC.

So, is this a FSUIPC bug?
2019-11-05 23:28
pizman82
Supporter
B) Yeah.... last try .... 1 Hit.
Badly i can not awnser the final quetion in case i work only on one Computer..... Without network i can not test this.

Now we need a other User that have UpToDate FSUIPC.... UpToDate P3D ..... And a Network in use including Wide FS .... And Finaly UpToDate Mobiflight on the Client.

Finaly He/She must confirm the problem. If Yes ( 2 out of 2) we can talk about a issue..... If not you must check your settings.
Alternate is to request for Help directly to Dowson in his support forum !

Summary.... I´m not a programmer and maby Sebastian can tell you more detailed..... But for me Mobiflight is NOT a part of that problem. Mobiflight not know if it talk to FSUIPC or WIDEFS ..... So if it work on Server PC then i would say Mobiflight work 100% Correct.
Good Luck !
2019-11-06 01:05
michael1508
Solved!

I needed to update my WideFS and FSUIPC version. The tip came out of the FSUIPC forum.

Thanks again for your support - great community!

Michael
2019-11-06 22:35
pizman82
Supporter
I say ....
iconpizman82:

If you Update Jeehell and also P3D you should check for the UpToDate FSUIPC, too.

You say....
iconmichael1508:

FSUIPC is according to latest version (compatible to P3Dv4).

Finaly you report ....
iconmichael1508:

Solved!
I needed to update my WideFS and FSUIPC version.

No more words to say about this thematic B)

For the future and to all other Users.....

This is a good example why a verry important rule for Compters is.... " Get Your System UpToDate"

That starts with PC Hardware..... Check from time to time if your drivers for Grafic Card is ok..... Also check maby for Firmware of your SSD, Newest BIOS, Newest MainBoard Drivers and so on. I will say 1 Year after order a Computer nearly every Hardwarepart is outdated and need new drivers.

Then we talk about OC ..... Check for newest Servicepacks and Updates for Windows etc.
Finaly your Simulator..... Check for newest update for Simulator, AddOn Aircrafts, FSUIPC ( WideFS) , and all other AddOns that are in use.... And at least get Mobiflight UptoDate.

A hudge number of Problems NEVER occure if you have a UpToDate System at all time.
Good Luck !
2019-11-07 03:23
icon