MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
treeb52
Gents,

I'm trying to build an HGS control panel for my sim. I have the offsets for the annunciators and the event IDs for the buttons, but does anyone know of a way I can mirror the display (rwy length, glideslope, etc) on my 4 line LCD? I was hoping there would be some offsets listed for that

Thanks in advance!
2019-10-24 04:02
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

You should use basicly the PMDG Offset Mapping that is included in the modules Folder in the sim folder
For example Mapping for PMDG737NGX ...... Get sure your FSUIPC and also Aircraft is in same Patch status..... 1d e.g.

On short overview the Runway lenght is not listed..... And i not find it also via FSUIPC.
Other things are maby also not listed in PMDG Outputs but can be read or calculated via FSUIPC.

Like in other spots where a AddOn ( PMDG) not support a Data that is in virtual cockpit ( PMDG use some things only internal) we just can think to build a dummy OR we can try to read/calculate those values realistic via other systems.

So..... Make a list what Data you need...... Then check if they are available in PMDG..... If not think if there exist other Data we can use for calculate the needed result.
If you need help tell me WHAT you need, and WHAT you think we can use for calculation..... THEN i can think about a formula.
Good Luck !
2019-10-24 10:05
treeb52
Thanks for the response. I can't find anything that would allow me to pull data for, say, the runway length or glideslope. I may just be out of luck on making this panel. Woulda been cool though!

Cheers!
Bryan Roundtree
2019-10-28 17:05
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi,

the HGS is an independent entity in the PMDG. Neither the offset nor the EventID list contains the existing buttons / displays.
The RWY length is generally assumed to be> 10,000 ft at the HGS. By clicking on the button in front of the RWY length, you can enter the actual RWY length via the HGS keyboard and confirm with ENTER.
The annunicators for these buttons are present in the lists, but the buttons themselves and the displays are not. The accompanying 10-key keyboard is missing.
Obviously, these are internal processes in the PMDG that are not controllable from the outside. In that respect, pizman is right.
Maybe a request in the forum at PMDG or at the support of PMDG itself will help you by describing your problem there. It is quite possible that, as in the past, PMDG will react and make these things accessible.
Please contact us if you have contacted PMDG and let us know what you said there.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-10-28 19:56
pizman82
Supporter
Not give up so early B)

I not handle this panel until now..... In my virtual B737 i disable the HGS in the Options cause i not like it.
For a Real Cockpit this was also never a option for me cause how will you build the HeadUp Display ? With a Piece of Glas and a projector ?
And finaly how should the Display get data.... Point of View sensors etc.
So it make no sense to build this Panel whatever you not use the HU Display same time. Right ??

BUT.... You like it so you should think about.

First question is..... Do you realy want to build the HeadUpDisplay itself ?
If Not but you like the "cool" Panel with the little LCD Display nearby your radios then THIS Part can be a Dummy.
Without using the real HeadUp we not need to write the PMDG internal Data..... We just must show something on our Display ( Indipendent)

So... WHAT must this Panel show ? ( I realy not know a.t.m.)
More important is "how" does the INPUT work in Real Aircraft or PMDG .....

iconStephanHo:

The RWY length is generally assumed to be> 10,000 ft at the HGS. By clicking on the button in front of the RWY length, you can enter the actual RWY length via the HGS keyboard and confirm with ENTER.

If i understand correct and Stephan is right, then the Runway length is never "read" from Sim by PMDG. This is just a manual Entry.

Summary....
1. We not need to Read the real Length by sim cause its a Entry
2. We not need to write the Data to real System cause we use it as dummy ( If i´m right and you not plan to build a real HeadUp)

Solution:
Use a empty custom Offset and build a Input System to increase/decrease it.... Then Finaly read this Offset and show value on your Display.
Good Luck !
2019-10-29 09:27
icon