MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
treeb52
Gents,

Have any of you run an issue on a 4 line LCD where the bottom 2 lines are not justified to the left? I run the test screen, but both bottom lines are spaced to the right 4 digits. I've tried 2 different LCD screens on an Arduino Mega. I would upload a pic if I could

Thanks!

Bryan Roundtree
2019-10-26 15:54
DocMoebiuz
Maybe you are missing a proper line break after the 2nd line.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-10-26 16:28
DocMoebiuz
You can use https://imgbb.com/ to upload a picture and then embed it here. Use the bb code for that.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-10-26 16:29
treeb52
I'm sorry, I know nothing about code. The link is here: https://ibb.co/kGh32fK

I've tried to do a completely new config, and before I typed any text, I tested the display with the test characters showing. It shows the bottom 2 lines spaced 4 digits to the left.
2019-10-26 17:15
treeb52
2019-10-26 17:16
treeb52
figgered it out. ...and thank for at least giving this your time and attention!
2019-10-26 17:17
treeb52
By the way, when it displays "Mobiflight Rocks!", "Rocks!" is off to the right with the R under the second "i" in Mobiflight
2019-10-26 17:19
pizman82
Supporter
Please confirm you use 16x4 and not 20x4
Good Luck !
2019-10-28 01:25
treeb52
Yessir.... 16x4
2019-10-28 02:51
pizman82
Supporter
I´m sorry.....

I got no 4 line Display myself for a short test.
As i know sebastian himself also got just 1-2 Testing Displays and include this Code Part just from scratch without testing every possible Display.

For me your picture show me a "logical" Problem.....
The follow Idea is "strange" :confused: but maby working.

Line 1 and Line 2 looks good ( 16 characters)
Line 3 and Line 4 "start" on Position 5 and have 4 empty diggits to the Left .

So if for example the Display Controller is a 20x4 ( Whatever it have only 16x4 Diggits) and is seperated to 1/3 and 2/4 Line this can be logical.....

In that case Line 1 and Line 3 "Share" maby a Dataline ..... Mobiflight send only 16 chars..... But Display want 20 ( 16 For first line and 4 for 3rd line left side )
The Data Line for Line 3 then include just 12 Chars finaly ( 8 empty on the Right) cause the first 4 are already done by Line 1.

Please make a Test:
Use in Display Tab a Logical Test Line. Write in Line 1 1234567890ABCDEF In Line 2 Write GHIJKLMNOPQRTUVW
Or you can make a simple text like "Hi-My-Name-Is- Donald-Duck-and- I- Love -Micky-Mouse"
Important is... You must have a Data you can simply check where a Digit SHOULD be.... and Where it is fianly on Display.
So simply fill up the WHOLE Display Space with characters so you see what happend finaly.

Maby then you see a logic that the 4 Empty Diggits are for example the Data on a other Spot.

Finaly make a testing with a other Setup.... For example 20x4 in Mobiflight ......
Test again with a Text..... Then you see if Cahr 1-4 on Line 3 is maby simply the Data from Char 17-20 of Line 1 now.

Summary..... I think some Controllers on that LCD work different to the logic of the Library we use on Arduino. Here we must use a basicly wrong setting to get a basicly correct result.
Good Luck !
2019-10-28 15:07
icon