Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.
You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks!
Hi, Thanks for the response much appreciated but let me summarise as follows: -
1) The "inactive" stuff appears from nowhere and there is no documentation to explain how to deal with it. I assumed that by leaving the box "unchecked" the program would ignore that condition. The reason it is there is probably because I am still trying to get this damn thing to work. There is no actual meaningful documentation or tutorials explaining how this should be done.
2) I did not change the symbols of the placeholders that I am not using. I only changed the symbol of the placeholder that I am using. For instance I changed the top placeholder for Battery Master Switch to "A", it was # as were the other 3 placeholders all with the same symbols. Why does the software list 4 placeholders all of the same thing?
I would post a picture but this forum does not allow attachments, which is very unhelpful. How do I get rid of this "inactive" stuff
3) I have all 4 C172 warning lights working in accordance with the default C172 from FSX in P3Dv4.5 and the logic works as per the real aircraft. I do not understand your statement regarding Hannes parameters because that is not what he states. He merely states that Oil Press LED should be OFF when the value for offset 0x08BA is greater than or equal to 6500. 6500 was not the correct number for me and after studying the offset values in FSUIPC's logging facility I decided on 5900. This is more accurate in terms of the real aircraft where the Oil Press light comes on at approx 20psi. Hannes has used Pre-Conditions the details of which are not shown in his code. I was hoping he would post them but he has not. I do not understand his entry for "line" as the offset used is for the fuel capacity in the centre tank. A C172 does not have a centre tank unless I'm missing something.
4) Oil LED should be ON when engine is off for sure, but Battery Master Switch must be ON. Oil LED will be ON with Battery ON if Oil Pressure <= 20 psi with engine running.
5) The ONLY thing that does not work for me is a) When the Battery is OFF, ALL LED's should be OFF and when the Battery is without the engine running Oil, Volts and Vac lights should be ON. Fuel LED will only be ON if fuel level is below 5 US gallons, which I have managed to code.
6) I have no idea how this Parking Brake thing works, I looked at the Tutorial but it does not mention Placeholders. The tutorial in this forum https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/14538.html does not mention placeholders. It only configures the LED as an "output" which I fully understand.
7) Would it not be more beneficial and simpler if you just posted the code for interfacing the parking brake using the battery switch placeholder as an example for me to study.
8) It is clear that some work needs to be done on documentation for Mobiflight for those of us who are not full time software programmers.
9) How do I post an image, as a picture is always more explanatory than words.