MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Viasa777
Hello, this is my first post I'm kinda new in this wonderful Mobiflight's world

I'm trying to display the IRS values using a 16x1 LCD.
The display settings in Mobiflight modules are: Address 0x27 16 x 2, the display test is working fine.
I've managed to get FSUIPC values from both PMDG offset 6421 and Prosim's but I'm unable to find the correct Base settings in Mobiflight FSUIPC base settings.

Not working settings:
Offset: 0x6421
Value: Int
Size in Bytes: 1
Transform unselected

Any advise?

Thank you very much
Daniel

My specs:
5V 16x1 Blue LCD Big Character Module Display HD44780 Controller
IIC/I2C/TWI/SPI Modulo Serial Interface Board Port Para Arduino 1602LCD Display
2019-10-14 18:55
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi Daniel,

welcome to MobiFlight!

Did you add the following lines to your ...\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini ?

iconCode:
[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

To display the content of the IRS-Display you have to use

iconCode:
0x6C5A 7 Bytes String  IRS_DisplayLeft
0x6C61 8 Bytes String IRS_DisplayRight
0x6C69 1 Byte  IRS_DisplayShowDots

You need SP1d for your PMDG B737
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-10-14 21:05
pizman82
Supporter
Just to complete this.....

PMDG and ProSim are two complete different things.

PMDG support data to fix offset.... Listed in the PDF.... For example here.... https://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Offset_Mapping_PMDG737NGX.pdf

ProSim work different..... Here you got a PlugIn where YOU can select the Data you like to export to FSUIPC. You define a Offset youreself and set the Kind of data that should be write there.
Not know if it support also IRS Display Data..... Pretty sure yes. Just check the ProSim-FSUIPC Tool to do this.
Good Luck !
2019-10-14 21:57
Viasa777
Thank you very much for your quick reply, the enabledatabroadcast=1 is set.
Tomorrow I'll try the codes you gave me and I'll let you know the results.

Thanks both for your help.

Regards
Daniel
2019-10-14 23:43
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

At first.... Your links not work for me.... Please check them.
If needed you can send me the Pics in a Email also..... pizman@freenet.de

About Problem. All this we talk about last week in a other topic..... But that was badly in the german section.
https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/topic/3868.html

If you like you can try to use "google translator" to read this. I know not perfect but normaly you can understand 80% of the text in a good way.
Whatever i can awnser in english again if needed.

In short words..... The bad factor here is PMDG.
I don´t know if Prosim handle this element much better or in same "bad" way. PMDG simply short down the String Offset if the number of characters are less then maximum.
So a 3 Diggit output like Heading simply short down the string to 4 Bytes ( including the terminating zero) .
And a empty Display occure in a string that have no length..... cause it End on first Byte.
This result in that problem.... Cause Mobiflight can´t read a String if its not exist..... And without a read Data it will show instead the Symbols of the Placeholder.

Solution:
Prob 1: Showed Placeholders.
Here you can make a little advanced System with Variable and Formula to solve this. Lets talk via email if needed.

Prob 2: Wrong side of Diggits.... For example Heading in sim looks like 123 _ _ _ _ _ _ but on LCD it is _ _ _ _ _ 123 . This can not be solved at the moment.

Prob 3: Using of Dots. Here i must see your Hardware then we can find a way to show this realistic..... Pretty sure this is possible.
Good Luck !
2019-10-15 12:44
icon