MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
k_mockford
Please help need some knowledge on stepper motor setup
I am building some gauges using stepper motors as I understand it if the flight sim crashes the steppers need recalibration.

Question
Is it possible to install a stepper reference position input in the stepper calibration tab for example.

Stepper min Position = - 2000
Stepper reference position = 1350
Stepper max position=+2000

So on startup all stepper display will run in a direction until the input is triggered this will then add the reference position for the stepper creating a auto cal every startup.

Regards
Kenneth
2019-09-14 10:20
DocMoebiuz
Actually I have had this prepared for a long time but it is not officially enabled.

Basically the idea is to configure a sensor that senses home position and this triggers an input pin. You basically tell the Stepper that pin X provides this signal and on startup the stepper would autocalibrate.

I don’t have such a stepper setup and I never had the opportunity to test if what I have prepared actually works well in a cockpit setup.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-09-14 15:37
k_mockford
Hi if you need a tester I can do that or I can send you a stepper gauge to keep I will make if with Mobiflight Logo.
Just send postal address
2019-09-17 11:39
DocMoebiuz
Sure! I will try and see if I can provide you a version next weekend.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-09-17 14:40
k_mockford
Thank you so much
2019-09-17 18:18
DocMoebiuz
Are you available this weekend?
Have a great day!
Sebastian

2019-10-04 19:08
SIM2DO
Hi i am away for a few days back in a week .
Had to relog in for some reason but now ok.
2019-10-09 19:50
DocMoebiuz
Sounds great! If you ever want to send me one gauge with a Mobiflight and Sim2do Logo that would be cool.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

2019-10-10 00:11
k_mockford
PM Me your address I will manufacture one

Did you get a chance for a beta stepper test program
2019-10-16 13:26
DocMoebiuz
Hello Kenneth

Did you get my email? Sometimes I have issues with gmail.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

2019-10-19 04:45
k_mockford
No i did not please send it to k_********@yahoo.co.uk
[Last edited by DocMoebiuz, 2019-10-20 16:43]
2019-10-20 12:44
DocMoebiuz
I sent it to your email and obfuscated your email in the post.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

2019-10-20 17:21
icon