MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
bob.little@talktalk.net
I am at last getting a new up to date pc. is there a way to transfer the settings I have already in place to the new PC or do I have to start from scratch and reprogram my set up?
2019-09-18 13:04
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

This is no Problem.
All Settings ( Hardware Devices) are on the Arduino Memory itself..... And the Configs are saved each in a single File ( *.mcc)

For transfer to new PC.....

1. Install a new Mobiflight on your new PC ( Download from Homepage) .
( You also can copy the old Folder to a USB Stick and use it again.... But i recommend to install it completly fresh)

2. Make a Search on your old computer..... Search for all Files ending with "mcc" ( That are your Config Saves) ..... And files with "mfmc" ( That are Arduino Backups)
Simply copy all those files to a USB Stick and paste them on your New PC into a Folder of your choice.

3. On First Startup on new PC you must only make the main Settings ( FSUIPC Polling Rate, Path to Arduino IDE) and you must load the mcc file you like to use.
Then after a Restart Of Mobiflight EVERYTHING should be in old state like before.
Good Luck !
2019-09-18 13:44
bob.little@talktalk.net
Thanks for you help with this everything has been transferred but I seem to have an issue with Mobiflight not reading the FSUPIC values. all the LEDs etc work under the test function, the modules and FSUPIC are green ticked but it is not reading the values sent by the sim. any ideas?
2019-09-18 21:59
pizman82
Supporter
What AddOn Aircraft ???

If FSUIPC is green then there is a connection.
Without see your system its difficult to check.

If you like you can make the Parking Brake tutorial ! This is a Standard Function that "MUST" work all time aslong FSUIPC is work correct.

If you use for example PMDG then you must get sure you enable Data Broadcast on your NEW computer. This is not active on a new installation.
Same with Jeehell Airbus.... Here on a new installation you must also install the PlugIn that comunicate with FSUIPC.
Also same for Ifly737, Prosim and so on.

Please Check....
1. FSUIPC up to date ??
The included version of Sim or older AddOns is mostly Out of Date. Get newest build .... https://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

2. Check your AddOns if they set correct for Homecockpit/FSUIPC support. And Also for UpToDate Status. NEw intallation mostly include not the latest patches.
Good Luck !
2019-09-19 15:52
bob.little@talktalk.net
Top Man.

Completely forgot about the Data Broadcast for PMDG. All sorted
Thanks very much.

Bob
2019-09-19 18:02
pizman82
Supporter
:thumbup:

Keep Cool.

I also search 5 hours about the same problem after do my first new install of PMDG some years ago. ;)
Good Luck !
2019-09-19 19:59
icon