MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
horenh
Sorry that i have to asked you again for support.
But i have a problem that i don’t understand.
A few months ago i made a test panel with all the light , pump en packs and Generator switches, and that worked perfectly.
Now i am busy to make the complete panel and have a big problem.
Some switches on the arduino 2560 don’t want to work.
For instance the Pump-L-Center (69677) and the Pump-R-Center(69678).
I Swapped the arduino but the same result, The wiring and the switch are oke. Even if a switch connects directly tot the arduin no result.
When i connect a LED to the same ports the are working om both the arduino’s.
I have checked the connections of the ports and also the function assignments.
On the second arduino i have with some functies the same problem.
Am i doing something fundamentally wrong.
I can send you the mfmc and mcc files if necessary

with greetings
Henny Horenberg
2019-09-02 21:59
pizman82
Supporter
Hi!
This is a nice coincidence.
We talked 1 hour ago about a problematic and "maby" you are a perfect "laboratory rat" :P

Sure.... I not see your situation (without mcc file) and normaly i would ask you some questions and try to rebuild this myself.
BUT: This sounds extremly as a older problem we currently try to rebuild.

If you like you can help us here.

Please make the follow Steps for us:

1. Save your MCC File and also the Board settings ( MFMC File) in the current state ! So the state where you got the Problem !
Put this 2 Files to a save spot ( other directory/harddisk/UsbStick whatever) so you NOT overwrite them .
2. Open Mobiflight while the problematic Arduino is connected.
3. GEt into Device Settings Tab.
4. RENAME All your devices on that Board.... For this Testing give them Names with the follow Logic:
A ) Use NO Spaces and NO Symbols like -_:;,.+*/"&§/$) and so on..... So Only A-Z or 0-9 .
B ) USe NOT more then 4 Chars .... So call them for example A01 A02 A03 and so on.
5 Not forget to UPLOAD the renamed Devices.
6. RESTART Mobiflight and Arduino.

Now Test the System. Not sure if Mobiflight already combine the new Names.... If not you must do the "Device" Choose in all the Configs once again. ( So you should know what A01 means what device B) )

RESULT:
If you are affected by this Bug (I think so) then after Rename your Problem should be gone.

Can you Confirm ???
If Yes ..... Please send me all 4 Files .... The 2 Original Files (mmc, mfmc) and also the 2 reworked that are ok. (pizman@freenet.de) Use "horenh Mobiflight" in Header!!!!
If Possible please tell me what devices in problematic files was broke (Name and Pin)

If NO .... Then you have a other Problem.... I will help you with research. But thanks for doing the test above to support us with taht fact.

Looking forward to your Reply.
Good Luck !
2019-09-02 23:03
horenh
I will do that as soon as possible.

I realize that i update the software to rev 7.5.3 and the test panel had the old software.
Ubfortunately i remove the old version and can therefore no try it out off that is still working correct.

I there a possibility to download the older version to try it out.

Henny
2019-09-03 10:23
pizman82
Supporter
Not understand 100%

You update to 7.5.3 and your problem was solved ???
If Yes then you are NOT involved of this bug.... then it was just a issue somewhere in your Config File.

If i missunderstand you and the problem still exist.... Then its no mater if you use 7.5.3 or 7.5.2 .... This Bug is still in all versions.... So you could reproduce also with UpToDate release.

EDIT:
Forgot to awnser your question ....

YES You can download all previous Versions.... Simply EDIT the Link when you click on Download Button.....
At the moment this is .... https://www.mobiflight.com/tl_files/download/releases/MobiFlightConnector-7.5.3.exe
Simly Change the Version Number before the .exe part .... For example into 7.5.2 or each other previous version.

NOTE: If you download a Version that is "verry" old and work with a older firmware then the Auto Firmware Upload will NOT work.... You have to Delete the Arduino and must flash new firmware manualy..... BUT This is not needed with 7.5.2 as i remember.... Just prior 7.5.0 as i know.
Good Luck !
2019-09-03 13:56
horenh
Wrong
I had a test panel a few months ago that worked complete also with function names to the arduino ports and i think rev 7.5.2
Now i build the compleet panel and sunday i started with the allocattion of the functions to the 2 arduinos'
And i update to rev 7.5.3
From that moment i had the problems as described.
Today i did what you asked above.
I changed al the functuins from the arduino's into D3, D4, D5 and so on.
from that moment it was working correct.
I have send you 6 files, 3 with problems in the file name, These have the function names.
And 3 files with test in teh filename the are working correct.

greatings Horenh
2019-09-03 21:57
pizman82
Supporter
Thank you Sir.

I will handoff this files directly to Sebastian.... Hopefully with this example ( and a older one) he be able to solve this completly.
Good Luck !
2019-09-04 07:17
icon