MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
clarke250
Hello All,

I have just been updating my config file with 5 new encoders for my MCP.

The data goes in fine, and the unit and mobiflight operate correctly. I then press save and restart mobiflight. All the encoder parameters have gone and I find the input table type changing from encoder to button. Open the line and it changes back to encoder.

Any ideas, what is going on?

Kind Regards

Karl.
2019-05-21 09:43
clarke250
Just wanted to update you

If I delete all lines on the input page and enter the encoders first, it saves the data.

But If i try and enter the encoders after adding 26 buttons, mobiflight seems to get confused. The device then changes between button and encoder and will not save.

So its a work around, this is the first time i have had this problem, but know of others who have the same issue.

Kind Regards

karl
2019-05-21 11:34
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

I not understand correct.....

Is the Problem in the Device Setup ( Settings/ Mobiflightboard ) when you "upload" the devices to the Ardiono ?
OR
Is the problem in the Config (mcc) File. so you create 5 configs and after save these change.
Good Luck !
2019-05-21 12:36
clarke250
Hi Pizman,

On the Inputs Mapping Page, where you select the description, and edit the line.
There is a column there there called "Type"

I have encoders listed there, and the rest are buttons. However, the encoders are changing from encoder to button in this column all by them selves. Hence the reason why i do not think it will save the config. It seems as if the program is getting confused with the input type.

I have now inserted the encoder lines from the bottom of the page to the top of the page before the buttons. It will now save

Do you know what causes this?

Regards

Karl
2019-05-21 14:42
pizman82
Supporter
Never see that before....

Please check finaly....

1. Is your Board Setup fine ?
Sometimes there is a issue if you "rewrite" a config to a board. For example if on pin xy was a butten and you chang it to a encoder.... Without knowing reason this occure in a issue.
Here i recommend to "format" the Board via the "EEPROM Clear Sketch" from ArduinoIDE . Simply install the firmware again on the board and load the backup mfmc file (or create the devices by hand) . This will solve this issue. (NOTE: That is verry rare... Normaly this not happend)

2. Maby you got a save issue.
If your Mcc file is located in a write protected area (like c:/proframmfilesx86) then a save will not bring a warning or error.... But the save is not done.
Maby in your case the file is simply in "old" state cause you not save it finaly.
Here its recommend to NOT use those folders or simply run Mobiflight always as ADMIN..... Then the Write protection is dissabled.
Good Luck !
2019-05-21 20:49
DocMoebiuz
This sounds like there is a problem on saving and loading the config. I had observed problems with parsing the XML structure so there might be a glitch in some circumstances.

Best thing would be that you send us your config after saving that you know will not load correctly again.
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-08-13 15:45
icon