MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
pizman82
Supporter
Hello guys.:w00t:

In Case a lot of People still use my tutorial for the MCP Display settings i thought it was time to read it again!.
(Link to Original German Posting : https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/1771.html )

As i said... This was years ago my first work with Mobiflight that time. My Experience was verry poor and i still startup some weeks before.
Meanwhile i learned a lot of stuff and would make this config much more logical and usable if i would use it for myself.
Another disadvantage is that this guide was build with OLD Mobiflight version (Before Transform-field came into the software)
Badly its in german and a google translate "kill" important informations.
Finaly i found out that this config can occure in Display Bugs while blanking IAS in Speed Select Mode/ VNAV Mode. (Thanks to Reporters of this Bug)

Summary.... I decide to rework it into a V2.0 ! Specialy desigend for current Mobiflight Version.... 100% Logical and as short as possible.

And thistime with better explaining of the details.... In English of course !

Please keep patience ..... This will take a bit of time.
Maby we can support this in the FAQ Section.... Else i will write it HERE. If Possible i try also to UPLOAD the mcc File for better understanding !

Note: In the Future with the New "Variable" Tool in Mobiflight (Early Alpha Progress a.t.m) there will come a Verson 3.0 Finaly. THEN its perfect but thats not possible at the moment without Variables.

Thanks !
Good Luck !
2019-03-21 05:48
thatchi
Looking forwards to it. Thanks.
2019-03-22 01:29
jc
hi there, I've tried all the MCP offsets and nothing works accept the default 737 course output offset on the PMDG 737 ng mcp. anyone of you vetran flight simmers would understand that I still use fs9 with windows xp. I started upgrading my homemade mcp with 7 segment displays and have them displaying all the mcp outputs on the fs9 default 737 perfectly. but for the life of me I can't get the pmdg to work. I'm getting mostly 0's on the displays although a couple of them are showing false readings and don't respond to inputs accept as mentioned above, the default course output. I must have read nearly every thread related to this topic and have thralled the web for answers that remain illusive. What am I missing, where do I find the correct offsets that will work with my setup. If there is anyone out there that has the answers, if so I'd very much appreciate some help please.
2019-08-08 19:39
pizman82
Supporter
SHAME on ME. :blush: :blush: :blush:

I´m so sorry that that project not get finished till now. Nearly 5 months and nothing happend. I realy know i need to do this !

@ "JC"
Basicly nothing "big" have changed since i wrote the original guide (Link in first topic). As i said there exist more easy and logical ways today ( and i realy should write that dammed guide) BUT the OLD Guide is still working.

At first i not know how PMDG work in FS9 ! All data i got ( Offset Lists, EventID and so on) are from the PMDG NGX ( for FSX and P3D) . So "maby" all we talk about is complete wrong if PMDG simply not support Homecockpit Data Broadcast in the FS9 Version. THATS what YOU need to find out first.

If its possible then simply get sure you eneable DataBroadcast in the INI File in PMDG Folder..... All needed information are supported in the PMDG Manual and in the FSUIPC Document Folder ( Offsetmapping for PMDG737.pdf) .
THEN all Offsets from above should work 100%

Good Luck !
2019-08-08 21:51
jc
Hi Pizmon82, thanks for your helpful and timely response . Yes I have tried the offsets you have documented in the Link in the first topic and they don't apply to the 737ng (fs9) it seems.I also followed your advise and looked through all the folders an sub folders for anything relating to Data Broadcast in the PMDG Folder and Offset mapping for PMDG737
in the FSUIPC Document Folder. nothing there I'm afraid. So unless there is anyone out there who has succeeded in building a working mcp using fs9 , the old pmdg 737ng ,mobi flight board and 7 segment displays I may have hit a brick wall. If so what a pity as I have whole thing working so well with the default 737, the future really looked bright.
2019-08-09 15:37
pizman82
Supporter
Hi again....

As i know here is nobody who use FS9 with PMDG at the moment. I have no data but i think FS9 users are less then 2% of current cockpit builders.... Also FSX Users get less and less every day cause most people (>50%) use P3D since years.
Whatever you can check this.... https://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Offset_Mapping_PMDG737NGX.pdf

As you read there ....
iconQuote:

To enable the data communication output from the PMDG aircraft, you will need to open the file 737NGX_Options.ini(located in the FSX folder PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX, and add the following lines to the end of the file:
[SDK]EnableDataBroadcast=1

I not have experience ..... But if PMDG support Data Broadcast also in FS9 then the system should be the same.... Sure, the file called not "737NGX_Options.ini cause the FS9 Version not called "ngX" ... But if its simmular then the system should be the same and there should be a INI file in same way,

Check this and report experience.
Good Luck !
2019-08-10 00:38
Gemu
iconQuote:

But if PMDG support Data Broadcast also in FS9 then the system should be the same....

No, it´s different. I have a working MCP for PMDG 737 and 747 in FS9. My FSX-PMDG´s will not work with this MCP.
I never saw a SDK for PMDG FS9 planes. My MCP is not selfbuild and I had to download a dll from PMDG itself to make it compatible.
Without the source code from this dll, or a SDK it will be allmost impossible to do something.
2019-08-10 03:42
jc
Thank's guys, looks like I have to give up then. There seems to be no way to achieve what I want with fs9. No choice but to up grade if I want a fully functioning mcp.
2019-08-10 11:35
pizman82
Supporter
Thanks GEMU for that information !
So sorry for confusion.... If i not know something and just guess a soluition, then i said this clear that the information is not confirmed.
Hope that is OK for you. Mostly a not confirmed idea for testing is better as completly no information (whatever its wrong finaly).

@ JC .

Just a final question .... Do you have so many payware AddOns for FS9, so a swap to newer system is no option ?
I Personaly wait for the "new" Flightsim from Microsoft (release maby 2021) but if i would still work with FS9 i will simply pay 20$ and get the FSX/SE Version.
Alternate is paying maby 200$ and directly get P3D and newest PMDG´s .

So.... If you have a lot of AddOns i understand .... If not i personaly recommend to think about a swap. FS9 is nearly 20 Years old and completly OutOfDtate in graphics and other stuff. But sure..... The new Sim in 2 Years is a good argument to wait a couple of time again and swap to newest Sim directly if available. ( Without using FSX/P3D between)
Good Luck !
2019-08-10 13:01
jc
I have many reasons to hang on to fs9. The main one's being as you mentioned, so many addons, an almost complete home built 737 cockpit ( without the 7 seven segment displays, hence my latest project) simulating the pmdg 737ng with 4 pc's running windows xp and wideview, 7 monitors , 4 Leo Bodnar cards ,a home made keyboard emulator, time to setup a whole new system from scratch on a the 4 pc's and last but not least ,the big one, $$$$$$. Having said all that, one day I very much intend to take the plunge and upgrade to the latest and greatest.but until then I'll try and enjoy what I've got .
Take a look :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYzgMd4Xozo&t=43s
2019-08-10 16:36
Gemu
I really can understand the hang to FS9, because I use it too until today. But since a shot time I use FSX too.
Why do you not change to IFly-737? A great addon for FS9 and much deeper simulated than PMDG-737 and the best, you have the possibility to connect every hardware you like. You can change your cockpit without a lot of costs and use mobiflight for outputs and your existing BU836 boards for inputs. With IFlyToFSUIPC, a small program (freeware) you can connect almost every switch, LED´s or Displays easily.

iconQuote:

Having said all that, one day I very much intend to take the plunge and upgrade to the latest and greatest.

Oh, the latest is not always the greatest. :)

Btw, nice cockpit!
2019-08-11 00:10
jc
Thanks Gemu, I will certainly look into the ifly addon.
2019-08-11 07:35
pai
Hi JC

I also use PMDG B737NG (FS9) on windows7.
I made MCP with FSUIPC + Mobiflight, but I couldn't find the offset for B737NG (FS9). With some clues and trial and error that I looked for,
I was able to create something. It's not perfect.
If that's OK, I can share the information I have. I don't know how to update images etc in this forum, so please email me directly.
Cy554874@qg7.so-net.ne.jp
2019-10-19 03:41
icon