MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
ktounsi
Hello friends

I tried to follow the german tuturial to configure my DIY mcp and everything worked fine exept the ias mach, ias overspeed, ias underspeed, ias blank and ias pseudo blank. When i activate the config, mobiflight don't start.
Can anbody do a translation in english please.
https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/1771.html.

Many thanx
2017-09-05 23:18
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi ktounsi,

this is a simple translation done with the google translator

The translation follows:

######### original german text by pizman82 #################################

Hiho.

Beforehand ... 2 things are, as far as I know, can not be implemented.
1. The flashing A or B on the speed display. The letter can be simulated .... that do not flash.
2. The "+" symbol for positive Vertical Speed. The minus is ... The plus can not be represented with 7 segments.

As desired the probably realistic realization ....

********** The Simple

Course Links:
Offset 6520, 2 bytes INT Multi 1, 3 digits, Left Padding YES - NULL, No comparison, No precondition

Course Right:
Offset 6522, 2 bytes INT Multi 1, 3 digits, Left Padding YES - NULL, No comparison, No precondition

heading:
Offset 652C, 2 bytes INT Multi 1, 3 digits, Left Padding YES - NULL, No comparison, No precondition

Altitude:
Offset 652E, 2 bytes INT Multi 1, 5 digits, Left Padding YES - SPACE
Since PMDG the height only to 32600 feet exhausted and afterwards the value Negative we need here a comparison:
IF value Smaller zero "<0" THEN value Plus 65536 "$ + 65536" OTH value "$"

********* Something more complicated

Vert Speed:
Offset 6530, 2 bytes INT Multi 1, 5 digits, Left Padding YES SPACE
VS has two beauty errors .... On the one hand, the display is not blank after you deactivate VS but it permanently shows -1696 .... On the other hand, is shown at zero only "0" and not as in the PMDG "0000"
Both things can be solved via a comparison (But only ONE at the same time) If one wants to clean both "errors" one needs an additional Configeintrag.

A: The 2 comparisons
Either for Blank: IF value Small al Minus 10000 "<-10000" Then set 5 spaces "At Then simply press 5 times Space" Other value "$"
Or for the 0000: If value is zero "= 0" Then set 4 Nuller "0000" Otherwise value "$"

B: To fix both "errors".
First an additional configeintrag ...
VS BLANK
Offset 6532 1 byte INT, Multi 1, 5 digits Left Padding NO (This entry for the same display and the same places as VS)
Comparison: If value Is 1 "= 1" then set 5 spaces "When then simply press 5 times Space"
Prerequisite Only Apply If Config Entry from VS (name you defined) Less than Minus 10000 "<-10000"
Furthermore, the original VS Configeintrag must be inserted ...
Comparison: As described above for the Nuller .... If value is zero "= 0" Then set 4 Nuller "0000" Otherwise value "$"
Prerequisite: Apply only if 2. "VS BLANK" Configeinrag is equal to zero "= 0"

Now the 1st entry regulates the four Nuller and the 2nd entry Disables the display if VS is not on!

***** And now to the caring child of the IAS Mach display.
For this, we need TWO Confidential Entries. If you also want the display as in real off as soon as VNAV we need FOUR. If the A or B for Over and Underspeed is to be displayed, we need SIX!

First the 2 basic entries:
IAS:
Offset 6524 4 bytes Float Multi 1, 3 digits Left Padding NO
Prerequisite: (You must first create the following entry) Apply only if MACH Configeintrag Greater than 1000 "> 1000"

MACH:
Offset 6524 4 byte Float Multi 1000 (THOUSAND), 3 digits DECIMAL POINT on the left of the 3 digits, Left Padding YES - SPACE (Here the same display and positions as for IAS)
For Compare use IF Value is bigger then Zero >0 THEN Round($ / 10,0)
"This Rounding function is used to set the value from a Decimal Float to a Full number we can use for the Display!
Prerequisite: Apply only if IAS Configeintrag is less than 10 "<10".

Now the blank function that the display is empty when VNAV is switched on ....
1. Entry for Blank:
Offset 6528 1 byte INT Multi 1 3 digits (If you also want the Over Underspeed FOUR Digits) Left Padding YES SPACE
Use as a display and places the same as with IAS Mach. (For 4 digits additionally, take the display location where the Overspeed warning is to be shown)
Comparison: If value is 1 "= 1" then set 4 spaces "At then simply press 4 times Space"
Precondition: Apply only if "Pseudo Blank Entry" (which I declare) Value is 1 "= 1"

2. Entry for "Pseudo Blank"
Offset 6528 1Byte INT Multi 1 No display assignment, No precondition or comparison. (This value is only used for the other entries)

Finally, you have to add a second precondition to the original IAS and the MACH Configeintrag.
You have to use the "AND" operator at BIND to enter the existing precondition. Execute only if "Pseudo Blank" is 0 "= 0"

Now you have a dual speed display for IAS and MAch on a display that goes out when VANV is on.

As a last step, you can still integrate the Over and Underspeed.

Overspeed:
Offset 6529 1 byte INT Multi 1 1 digit Left Padding NO (i.d.R. 1 digit to the left of the speed display)
Comparison: If value is 1 "= 1" then put eight "8" ELSE "Space" ( Push one time Spacebar)
Prerequisite: Apply only if "Underspeed" Configeintrag (Is declared immediately) Not equal A "! = A"

Under Speed:
Offset 652A 1 byte INT Multi 1 1 digit Left Padding NO (The same display as Overspeed)
Comparison: If value is 1 "= 1" then set A "A" ELSE "Space" (Push one time Spacebar)
Prerequisite: Apply only if "Overspeed" Configeintrag Not equal 8 "! = 8"

With me everything fits. Hope you have understood everything and can implement it.
Contact us!

PS: If Sebastian or the other PMDG professionals this config as "good" and I have done so correctly then one could possibly "Preset" somewhere embed or as Turtorial use. Surely many PMDG users who need it. I'm also open for improvement!
Good luck !

##############################
[Last edited by pizman82, 2017-09-08 16:18]
Grüße,
Stephan
2017-09-05 23:53
pizman82
Supporter
Hi. i just overfly this stuff... Goggle Translator is not perfect but i think 98% is correct and can be reproduce.

NOTE: "Multiply" is a missing relic from old Mobiflight Version. This is TRANSFORM Field now..... Multiply 1 means NO Transform Multiply 1000 for example means $*1000
And by the Way "Nuller" means "Zero"... Here Google not work :cry:

If this Guide not helps or you not understand the translation, please ask specific WHAT Problem is occure.

You additional can send me then your not working Configuraton to my privat Email... pizman@freenet.de
If i see the Data it´s easyer for me. Maby i find my old file already so i can send you a working version, too. Not Shure if i already have it saved somewhere.

But please stay patient.... I need maby some days to have a look on it..
Good Luck !
2017-09-06 01:20
ktounsi
Hello guys

Many thanx for your support.
I never use a complete translation for that reason. I have a basic knowledge in german language and i use to translate only the words that i don't know in order to understand the global meaning.

@pizman82
I will try today to correct some mistakes and will see if it will works. If it will not i'll send you my config file with pleasure.

I have a last question : why there is noo assignement in pseudo blank?

Kamal
2017-09-06 11:11
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Kamal

At First.... As i wrote this i was pretty new and start cockpitbuilding and Mobiflight some weeks before. This was my first project ! so the guide is not written perfect. My experince this time was verry poor!

iconktounsi:

I have a last question : why there is noo assignement in pseudo blank?

1. Why is no assigment:
This is a Output Config we only use to make a precondition.
You maby already know.... For a Precondition we always need to use a existing Config Entry to define.... (For Example: " Only Work if ConfigXXX Value =0 " )
In most cases we can take a Config that we already use for a device like LED. then the Config controlls the LED AND We Use this config, too, on another place to define a precondition .
IF we need a Value ONLY for a Precondition ( And this value not should controll a LED or something else) then we NOT assign a Device.... Simpy cause we not need one.

2. Why we use here the "Pseudo Blank" additionaly to the first Blank Config.
Thats a little "problem" in the Mobiflight logic..... I Try to explane.....
You understand we got 2 Configs for IAS and MACH .... Both show there Data to the Display even what function is ON.
If Display should be Blank we use the "BLANK Config" that is assigned to the Display ( There we say Compare If Value of Blank Offset =1 then 4 time Spacebutton )
Without a Precondition the Blank Config and the IAS or MACH Dispaly would controll the Same Display same time. Thats produce an issue.

The best Precondtion here is as i used.... MACH and IAS config should only work if Blank Offset 6528 = 0 .... BLANK Config should work if Blank Offset 6528 = 1

Now the Problem: Mobiflight NOT allow us to define a Precondition Config by using the Config itself we just set ....
Example.... In ConfigXXX we like to set a precondition.... We Can use EVERY Config we have in the List for that Preconditon EXCEPT ConfigXXX itself.

You see.... For the Main Blank Config that controll the Display we would need as Precondition " Only work if THIS Config is 1 " And That is not possible.

So i Create the "Pseudo Blank" to have a existing reference for this Precondition.
Basicly you can use for Precondition of MACH and IAS Config both Blank Configs .... The "Blank" or the "Pseudo Blank".
But for The Blank Display Config you MUST use the Pseudo Config
For a more Tidy logic i simply use the Pseudo for all three......
Maby a better understanding Configname Systax would be "SPD Blank ReadOnly" instead of "Pseudo Blank" ..... Sorry for confusing...

I hope everything is awnsered.
Good Luck !
2017-09-07 06:33
pizman82
Supporter
Update:

The Translation is not 100%. I see Google cut out a verry important part so the system was not working.
I still insert this already and moddify another issue i forgot ( Issue was in german original posting, too :O shame)

I hope i find time to rework this completly in the next weeks so the guide is up to date for Mobiflight Version 7.x
Until then it should be working like describe !
Good Luck !
2017-09-08 16:23
ktounsi
Hello Pizman82

Everything is ok now. My mcp is fully functional. Many thanx.

Kamal
2017-09-08 22:18
Rosteck
iconpizman82:

Update:

The Translation is not 100%. I see Google cut out a verry important part so the system was not working.
I still insert this already and moddify another issue i forgot ( Issue was in german original posting, too :O shame)

I hope i find time to rework this completly in the next weeks so the guide is up to date for Mobiflight Version 7.x
Until then it should be working like describe !

Hi all.
Pizman82, I need you help
Not everyone understands and not make to correctly display the IAS/MACH and also can not correctly configure the blank speeds. Could you throw properly configure the config here - Rosteck.k@gmail.com. I would be very grateful. Sorry for my bad english.
2017-11-08 15:02
pizman82
Supporter
Hi Friend.
Welcome !

I´m sorry but i did this just for learning process 2 Years ago..... i not have the file here.

Maby katounsi can give you a example file..... If not please contact me again.... i i find time next weeks i can create a new config.... OR You write me a email.... pizman@freenet.de
Simply tell me the problematic part.... maby i can help you there.
Good Luck !
2017-11-08 19:28
silencer7
iconStephanHo:

(...)
IAS:
Offset 6524 4 bytes Float Multi 1, 3 digits Left Padding NO
Prerequisite: (You must first create the following entry) Apply only if MACH Configeintrag Greater than 1000 "> 1000"

MACH:
Offset 6524 4 byte Float Multi 1000 (THOUSAND), 3 digits DECIMAL POINT on the left of the 3 digits, Left Padding YES - SPACE (Here the same display and positions as for IAS)
For Compare use IF Value is bigger then Zero >0 THEN Round($ / 10,0)
"This Rounding function is used to set the value from a Decimal Float to a Full number we can use for the Display!
Prerequisite: Apply only if IAS Configeintrag is less than 10 "<10". (...)

I'm not catching this "Multi", which I bolded - where to put this?
[Last edited by silencer7, 2019-03-23 20:16]
2019-03-23 20:05
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

Multi was a old function in the eraly days of Mobiflight ( as this guide was written).

Today this field is called "Transform" ..... In the past the Only way to change a value was a Multiply.... So 1 in the Line means Value was original.... 1000 means Value is multiply by 1000.
Today we can use the Transform field for every expression we need.

In your Case.... If the Guide say " Multi 1" then simply NO Transform is needed..... If the guide say Multi1000 then use Transform enable and say $*1000

Note: As i announced in a Sticky.... That Guide is pretty old and not include the new technics we get into mobiflight in the last Years.
I will rework it next weeks and pulish it here in the Forum.
Good Luck !
2019-03-23 20:58
Renato
Hello,

May you help, please?

I am configuring all functions to IAS/MACH, Overspeed ans Underspeed for PMDG, but when a run the Mobiflight together the simulador the following situation appears for me, there is one 0 digits - 0100 for IAS, it stay all time there, Is it correct? Should be apppears only 100, right? when I increase the speed for Overspeed the 0 change to the number 8 appear on display and desappears when I descrease the speed but the 0 stay there.

How may I fix it?

Many thanks!
2019-08-09 18:08
pizman82
Supporter
That is not correct.

If you use the Over/Under Speed Symbol ( A/ B ) directly left to the speed (so it looks like XSSS ... X is Over/Underspeed and SSS means the speed) then this Diggit should be BLANK if speed is normal and it should show A or B(8) if its "above" or "below" .

As i write in a other topic this work wonderfull in the Past ( 2 Years ago with Mobiflight 7,0) but get problematic with newest releases. ( A Bug of resetting Display Configs in case of Preconditions) .

So finaly i can not see if your config is simply wrong or if you have the symptoms of that bug !

Whatever.... As i write also in other topic i found a way to solve this without having this Bug.... But that need a special Syntax in the Compare Tab.
I plan to puplish this guide in the future (maby in September when i got holliday from work) .... If yue need imidiatly help you must write me a email.... then i can try to eyplane you the syntax.
Good Luck !
2019-08-10 00:54
icon