MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
fazli
hi, i am find solution feed back force for my yoke.
b737 pmdg. i run p3dv4.
i am planning using stepper motor .i want build small size as proto type .i want to see can support or not.if run perfectly. i want to go scale size yoke and convert big volt stepper motor
any offset feed back yoke.
tq
2019-08-01 08:05
pizman82
Supporter
??? Feedback force ???

Do you mean a shaker like Stall warning or do you mean the yoke should move by itself if Autopilot is active ??

Basicly the 2 Elements must have a Offset.... Not try it if PMDG workes internal here but normaly this should be the Standard Offsets.

For testing use the FSUIPC Offset List.... Search for "Aileron" and "Elevator"
I not know what of the multiplle Offsets is correct.

Simply create a NEW Config..... Make for example 10 Outptu Configs..... NOT use a Device for all configs.
Then Read 5x Aileron Offsets and 5x Elevator Offsets ( On short view i think there are each 5 Offsets that "can" be the right one)

Then RUN Mobiflight and Sim.... Move your Joystick and check what offset is change. Then make a flight with Autopilot ON and make a Turn by change Heading on MCP
( So create a situation where the Joystick is not moved in center position BUT the AP move the virtual Yoke)

You must simply find out.....
What Offset show Real Joystick Position ..... What Offset show Position of Virtual Yoke ..... What Offset show position of the Virtual Rudders ..... Abd What Offset act with the AP.

With all that information you can finaly think about a system.

PROBLEM:

The key will be to get a situation whre you define to "override" the Inputs. If your Motor move the Yoke then the Potentiometers inside will also make a Input ( Like you move it by hand) ..... But those Inputs will "override" the Autopilot and disconnect it. You must find a way to write the "FlagBytes" that disconnect the Inputs of Axis temporary. BUT In Real B737 a moving of Yoke by hand SHOULD discconect the AP ( Take contoll in Emergency situation without manual disconneting) .
So this gonna be problematic..... It must be OFF for correct working..... But it should be also ON to simulate the Manual Override

( Same Problem we got in Throttle Motors and Trimmwheel) . Difficult to solve without verry advanced Hardware.
Good Luck !
2019-08-01 11:12
fazli
force feedback yoke like real b737.when out off trim yoke feel f heavy forve.
2019-08-01 21:04
pizman82
Supporter
Hi
As i know the internal Force Feedback System is not directly readable in FSUIPC.....
BUT It give you a lot if Values you can use for Calculation of those things.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/73910-how-to-obtain-force-feedback-data-from-fsx/ Here Pete talk about.

Whatever i would say this get difficult with Mobiflight.
Here the Values you can get must be calculated ( with other values in a formula) BUT Mobiflight not allow us to combine multiple Offsets.

So there are 2 Ways.....

1. Maby you can make the whole Claculation in a LUA Script and finaly execute the calculated Controll Values for the Motors on a Offset.
Then you can read them With Mobiflight and controll hardware.

2. Write a own selfrunning Programm that read data from Sim, calculate it and controll Motors by a Arduino.

I have no experience here and can´t give you a solution..... But on first view i think a external System (Way 2) is needed. Pretty sure you also need Inputs and Sensors on the Yoke..... So it should be work completly indipended.
Good Luck !
2019-08-02 13:54
fazli
leonardo board can handle motor brushed as force feed back.?
2019-08-06 01:29
pizman82
Supporter
In Case the Leonardo is not supported by Mobiflight this question is on wrong spot.

If you plan for a "Self build solution" with a Leonardo and a own programmed firmware and software that manage the data transfer you should write in a Cockpitbuilder Board or in the Arduino Playground forums !
Good Luck !
2019-08-06 14:59
DocMoebiuz
Hi there!

I would assume that it requires some logic to determine how much force your motors have to produce. I am not aware of any FSUIPC offset in the sim that would provide the necessary value at this point.

As pizman82 already said:
MobiFlight alone will probably not do it. You will need some kind of LUA script that is able to calculate the forces. You would then store these precalculated values in an Offset accessible to MobiFlight which then could read it and drive your motor.

Good luck with your project and keep us posted!
Have a great day!
Sebastian

MobiFlight - Simply build your own home cockpit for your favorite flight sim - FSX, Prepar3D (FSUIPC), X-Plane (XPUIPC)
2019-08-07 21:40
icon