MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
eapc.piloto
Hi everyone:
I really haven´t seen a topic like this, so I decide to post this to suggest or ask for new features to developers. (if I´m wrong, please be kind with me, it´s my first day)!
2019-07-09 02:34
eapc.piloto
#1 REQUEST: ALLOW ENCODERS TO USE LIKE VJOY BUTTONS.

New feature of vjoy integration was great because open possibility to use mobiflight like a joystick even with more software than just FS or Xplane.
Even with flight simulators, encoder feature still remains short of functionality. And some functions could be better handled if encoders could be actuated as a vjoy button.
Can you please, add this feature?
2019-07-09 02:42
eapc.piloto
#2 REQUEST: 52 BUTTON FUNCTIONS.

I´ve made a joystick with mobiflight and I could to program 52 buttons for each arduino mega pin. But only 50 functions are working.
I read that there is a 40 function limitation and then extended to 50. Why not extend to whole arduino mega pins to 52 functions, not only for buttons but also other input functions?
Could it be possible?
2019-07-09 02:48
pizman82
Supporter
Hi.

Thanks for Input.

About 1:
100% Agree.
This is already requested by myself .
Problem is... Vjoy PlugIn is Not by Sebastian .... the "boss" of Mobiflight ! Thats a Tool from a other developer and was only implement as a complete System.
This Logic only allow us to send Joystick PRESS or Joystick RELEASE . For a Encoder there must be a combine of that.... so every Detent send a Press AND shortly behind a Release to simulate a single momentary Joystickbutton Input for every Detent.

About 2:
I don´t know if this is good. Sebastian pretty sure got a opinion why he limit it in the past..... And also why he increase it just to 50.
But sure.... We can request this and maby get a comment if its possible or not.

By the way.... FSX and most other programms limit a Joystick to 32 Buttons.... So you need to work with 2 Virtual Joysticks already when you plan for 52 switches.
I personaly not understand the logic of you ( and lots of other users) to use the Mega always to 100% .

My Argument is still the same like in the last 4 Years....
- Mobiflight not Limit Number of Megas ( 132 by Windows but NOBODY will use so much boards)
- A Mega is so cheap (Below 10$) so it is no matter if we use 10,20 or 30 Megas for a Cockpit.
- There is no technical PRoblem if a Mega is used only to 20 % for example with 40 Pins Empty.

Summary..... If you need 52 Switches simply use 2 Megas with 26 each or 2 Megas with 50 / 2 or every other combination . Only 10$ More but same rusult !

But after all.... I will report this request also to Sebastian. Basicly your Argument is OK.... If 52 is possible then it should be implement !
Good Luck !
2019-07-09 05:36
eapc.piloto
Hi Pizman and thanks for your answer.
You are also right about no limit of arduinos, or functions.
So I´ve used buttons with vjoy and LEDs outputs to my designed pin test board, so no limitation could be useful to this. Everyone of us need to test some functions like build-in LED test, but for inputs doesn´t have any utiliy for this, so with vjoy is possible to test any pin or identify any swtich or button. I hope it could be possible also enable encoders as buttons.
Thanks again!
2019-07-09 19:56
pizman82
Supporter
By the way....

You can use the Logging Mode for testings.

If a Button is correct set in Device Tab and firmware work correctly then a button Press ( while Mobiflight RUN ) occure in a short Debug Sting.
Enable "Logging Mode" in Settings .... Then you got the 3 Line String below the MF Window.
If you press a button ( or release it) you get the confirmation text.... You can also see if a Config is connected and if its executed.

Another way is the simple " Key Send" test.

Us for your Inputs as Typ "KEY" And use for example ON PRESS the Key "A" and on Release the Key "B" .

Then Run Mobiflight and Simulator AND a Text Programm like Wordpad.....
Klick on the Wordpad Cursor and then press your Input Button. Every PRESS occure in a "A" Every Release in a "B" ( in that example)

Finaly you can just change this config and chose another Input Device (other button e.g.) and do it again.
So you need just 1 Config and you can test 50 Inputs within less then 5 Minutes.
Good Luck !
2019-07-09 20:33
icon