MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
pluckas
Anyone using Open Cockpit modules, together with OC4BA4 in their PMDG cockpit?

Paul
2019-06-21 06:01
pizman82
Supporter
????

1. What is OC4BA4 ??

2. What information do you need ?? Whatever if somebody do that..... He will still awnser "YES"

Please write a full request and whats your problem or what information you need.
Good Luck !
2019-06-21 06:23
pluckas
No specific problem, just curious.

I'm using a mixture of interfaces, including 2 x Mobiflight cards and more recently SIOC to control some PnP OpenCockpits modules via a PMDG driver developed at flightsim4fun.com. I get the feeling that PMDG is quite popular in Germany (I'm in Australia), and I'm trying to get a handle on whether there are many others who 'mix and match' various solutions as I seem to be doing (I know this is a Mobiflight community, so again, I'm just curious).

Paul
2019-06-21 13:51
pizman82
Supporter
Wow.... Australia. Happy greetings from Germany to DownUnder

Now we got the world complete So i meet mobiflight Users from Europe,Middle East, North America, South America, Afrika, Asia, SE Asia and now Australia. Thats Cool.
Ok... the antarctic area is miss.... But maby a nice guy somewhere in a research station there is also building a cockpit so lets say the world is complete :thumbup:

About question.
A Mix of different Systems is not strange.... Whatever a Mix of OC (Sioc) and Mobiflight is not so often. Mostly if a AddOn os based on SIOC ( Like FMGS Jeheell) then the posibilitys for that are much bigger and better as for FSUIPC. So if somebody be able to work with SIOC ( understand the Code.... Know about the OC Cards Hardware) mostly he will do the whole cockpit with SIOC.

In other spots a mix is already recommend..... For example Imputs are mostly much more easy directly in Simulator ( Via Key Commands or Joystick Buttons) or with using the FSUIPC Registred version to fire Commands (also via Joy Buttons and Keys) . So lots of users work with a LeoBodnar or a other HID Joystickcontroller and maby a simple Keyboard Controller to make INPUTS nearly completly external of Mobiflight.
Thats the basic idea by the way..... At beginning Mobiflight was NOT created for Inputs.... It was basicly just a Platform for Outputs.

A other idea is to build some difficult Instruments with a own code. For example the User "Skino" is a programmer and write little self running programmes for his elements.... For example a Wet Compas.... Controll by a Motor with a backround programm that get Data directly from Sim/FSUIPC (completly indipended to Mobiflight)

You see.... A Mix of different Programms and Systems is no Problem. Its helpfull finaly.

REQUEST
I think long time ago about a implement of SIOC in PMDG..... But i never find a list or something else "how" PMDG export data to SIOC.
Looks like you got it .

For eaxample with standard FSUIPC some things in PMDG are not supported.... The Standby ADF Frequency e,g.
Or a user request some days ago for a Offset that show when aural alarm of Takeoff Config is active or when stick shaker showing "stall" .
MABY all this is included in SIOC ( Like in FMGS Sioc include Everything..... FSUIPC only a part)

So PLEASE.....
Can you send me information about your SIOC PlugIn .... Maby a List of Elements you can Read/Write .
Links... Documents .... Information. If needed on my Mail .....pizman@freenet.de

Thank you !

Good Luck !
2019-06-21 16:06
pluckas
Hey PIzman,

I'll send you an email, but my knowledge of SIOC and this particular PMDG plugin is very poor. I have only just recently purchased some OpenCockpits radio modules and took the easy road into SIOC by using the excellent OC4BA driver from "flightsim4fun". However, I believe it uses the standard PMDG SDK, so there are no miracles here. In fact the ADF standby frequency is also not modelled (though it doesn't matter because the transfer button transfers standby to active, and as a consequence, whatever is in the hardware standby segment display).

It's interesting you say that a mixture of Mobiflight and SIOC is not common. I'm using a mixture of 4 different interfaces with a variety of add on hardware.
2019-06-21 17:26
pizman82
Supporter
OK. Thank you. I will check it.

About transfer.....

In That case the Transfer is "internal" in OC /SIOC System i think..... So Sioc create a Variable (corespondending to the Shown value on StBy Display) and the SWAP Button simply write this on ADF1 Active Frequency Offset in Sim.

With Mobiflight this is not Possible.....
The Swap Button of PMDG can be controlled.... The Frequency Set Encoders can be controlled..... BUT we can NOT read the Display Value.... In theorey we can handle the StandBy with real switches/Encoders BUT we must see the Virtual Display on Screen cause we can not get this Value to a 7 Segemnt Display.

So Current solution for Mobiflight is diccicult.... We must write a own LUA Script that create a variable.... And also write Input logics that change this variable and swap it.
The most comfortable way would be to read the PMDG internal Value.... But it seems unposible if SIOC also use only the Basic SDK.

About Mixing.
Main Reason i think is that OC Products are expensive.
Mobiflight is basicly the Alternate to OC Products..... Cause we use cheap Arduinos.

So there exist simply less people that work dual..... Cause Users who buy OC Cards plan with a higher budged..... So they normaly have no need to use Mobiflight and simply buy more OC Cards for the other elements.

But summary..... Mixing is no Problem..... Just get sure the single PlugIns not kill/block eachother..... You just need to get sure every command recive the Sim and every Read come out of the Sim..... Critical is if for example one of your tools will block FSUIPC for xx seconds after you do a Input and then a other System can not get data in/out in that time.
Good Luck !
2019-06-22 09:42
icon