MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
auransbey
Good evening,
my MIP presents 2 announcers (TAKEOFF CONFIG, CABIN ALTITUDE).
unfortunately I can't find the relative OFFSETs in FSUIPC or in PMDG.
Maybe you can help me?
it would be regrettable not to connect the LEDs of these annunciators.
Many thanks
2019-06-10 21:06
pizman82
Supporter
Like always.... What AddOn ???

I read PMDG but i dont know if this is the B737 the Old or New 747 the 777 or another.

Whatever.... Every PMDG got a Offset Table that is include in the FSX/P3D Folder ..... Go to "Modules" Subfolder and there into "Doccuments" . You find a file calles "Offsetmapping for PMDG xxxxxx.pdf"
Good Luck !
2019-06-11 06:35
auransbey
Thank you very much for your reply, Pizman
I use 737
the problem is that in the OFFSET list there is nothing that concerns TAKEOFF CONFIG and CABIN ALTITUDE because these two annunciators are not included in the graphic.
however in my MIP of cockpitsimparts these two announcers are present and I don't know how to make them work.
Also in the FSUIPC OFFSET list I have found nothing.
I believe I will have to give up making these two announcers light up !!
Many thanks
2019-06-11 11:13
pizman82
Supporter
Sorry my friend.....

We can try to fix this if you tell me WHERE these annunciators are located and WHAT these should show.

If these functions are not included in PMDG then this is for example a feature of old B737 400 ( So prior the NGX Series) and not longer supported.
BUT
If you explane me the System we can try to define a Status.

Simple Example.... If Landing Altitude simply Light UP if "Landing Alt" is not set but Engine is running for example we can create a status....
In That case we read the Lading Alt Offset and the Engine RMP Offest and say.... "If Engine RMP is higher then xxxx and ALT is in Preselected "0000" Status then LED Light.... ELSE LED OFF.

Summary.....
If you can explane me the function we can pretty sure find a way or we can "dummy" it if all other options failed..... But in Result your LED will light and looks realistic !
Good Luck !
2019-06-11 14:40
auransbey
Thank you very much for your availability!
unfortunately I'm not an airline pilot and therefore I have few specific skills.
the two announcers of which we speak are located both on the CPT side and on the F / O side below the A / P A / T FMC panel.
I don't know exactly when TAKEOFF CONFIG and CABIN ALTITUDE should light up but I can talk to a friend of mine CAPTAIN 737 and ask him.
I also think that these announcers are present on previous models of 737 even though I have now purchased the MIP.
It is possible that cockpitsimparts has not updated the production drawings.
I have just sent a whatsapp message to my friend who works in Qatar will answer me tomorrow on his return from Saigon.
Many thanks
2019-06-11 15:48
pizman82
Supporter
Ok.... I think i got it....

http://www.b737.org.uk/pressurisation.htm
Scroll down to the part with this panel.

If i understand correct then this is not a "old" outdated feature.... This was a Upgrade in the last series of B737-800 (prior the Max8) Do´nt know if this was optional or standard setup in case of FAA recomendations.

So for me it looks like Cabin Alt and Takeoff Config simply light up if the corespondending Warning sound is alive.

Cabin Alt if presserisation is lost and cabin rate climb above xxxxx ft
Take Off Config if you try to press TOGA whit a wrong Flap Setting that is not set in the FMC.... Maby also if Autobrake is not in RTO.
Good Luck !
2019-06-11 21:14
auransbey
Hi pizman,
I consulted my pilot friend and he confirmed exactly what you said.
this is a new implementation following a serious flight accident.
the fact remains as to how to have offsets that allow the ignition of these annunciators.
unfortunately I am not able to go beyond the normal configurations and I hope for your help.
Many thanks
2019-06-14 14:12
pizman82
Supporter
OK

At first we must define the Indicator.
In case we can not test this ( cause PMDG not include those LED) we must belive in your friend or in the informations from the web.
So lets say "LED should Light aslong the Aleart sound is active"

NOW we got multiple ways.
The most easy way would be if we had a Offset. I don´t think we got it.
The next way would be to read the Data from PMDG..... There MUST be a variable internal in PMDG that indicate this, cause the Sound Aleart is played.... So "something" in the system must start this soundfile.... And exactly "this" is our indicator.
Problem is.... I don´t know how to read data directly from PMDG (Maby by a Lua Script and a Lvar) and i not know "where" this spot is.
Solution is to conatact PMDG (supportforum) and request this. Maby they can give you a hint how you can get this information out of the sim.

The last one is our Improvisional solution

If we can define a situation (indicators) when the LED should be ON and we can readout all the needed indicators then we can create a "function" that controll our LED.
In case we have the sound-aleart as example we must now find out.... WHAT must happen to let the Sound start..... And what Stop it. ( Whatever the Stop is not the big problem)

Lets talk about the Cabin Alt.
Here you must find out.... WHEN is the aleart start. Pretty sure on a special Pressure difference.
iconQuote:

6C28 4 FLT32 AIR_CabinDPNeedle PSI
6C2C 4 FLT32 AIR_CabinVSNeedle Ft/min

If i´m right then we can define a special situation here when the aleart start.
So we can Read this data ( Maby you still do for a stepper motor of that gauge) and we can make a precondition like " If Value of That Config is bigger then XXX THEN Light LED"
Problem is.... I don´t know that and at themoment i have no time to find out. So YOU must test out the raw data.... Then i can build a logic for you.

Same with Takeoff Config.
You must also find out this logic.
Do for example a Start without Autobrake RTO setting but with correct Flaps..... Is there a aleart ?
Do a start with Flaps different to the SET-Flaps in FMC.... Try with MORE or LESS Flaps.
You must simply define WHEN this aleart happen.

Then its simmular to above.... We will read the needed things like Flaps Position, SetFlaps in FMC, Autobrake Status, Airborne Status, RMP Engine 1
And we build a Config for the LED with some Preconditions of this indicators to define the SAME situation like the internals Soudn Aleart is fired.
Good Luck !
2019-06-14 15:43
icon