MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
capitainekurck
hi all

i start with mobifligth and i start to build my MCP. i first try to understand how to program mobiflyght reading the forum but it difficult.
i try to increase the altitude with a rotary encoder (for example) but i can't. I use a ec12 24 position encoder.

in mobyflight on the configure box i use event ID 70032 and on param -1 10 1 and 10 depending on fast or slow right or left turning. but it don't increase or decrease as a want.
sometime it increase by 1 or 100 or anything and most of time it do nothing

what s wrong ?

regards
L.S.
2019-06-08 20:01
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi L.S.,

you are on the right way. The EventID is correct so far. But the parameter seems to be the problem.
So think about how you do it on the screen. The you take the mouse - left click, right click, wheel up, wheel down.
If you link this knowledge to the EventID-list ( at the end) then you have your parameters.
Instead of 0 and 1 take 8192 for on right and 16384 for on left.

If you do not have the EventID-list, you can download it here: http://myhomecockpit.de/PMDG_737NGX_EVENT_IDs_SP1d.pdf

Exception: if you use the rightsingle mousebutton use the value 2147483648 but with a minus (-) in front: -2147483648. Otherwise MobiFlight indicates an error.

Please report how it works.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-06-08 20:27
capitainekurck
ho Stephan.

so if i understand on each EVENTID of PMDG_737NGX_EVENT_IDs_SP1d.pdf the only parameter that you can give is the number who simulate a mouse action.
is it true ?

regards
2019-06-09 11:39
StephanHo
Supporter
Hi,

the hint on the mouse actions is nothing more than a copy of the actions on the screen. Many controls of the PMDG are performed on the screen with the mouse. So what could be more appropriate to use this handling with MobiFlight? These actions are logical and quickest to implement. Personally, I know of no other parameters and I have doubts that they exist.
Exceptions are the rotary switches. Here the parameters 0, 1, 2, 3 etc. are taken from left to right.
Sometimes you can get the parameters out by combining them with the offset list. Once you understand this, it's pretty easy to handle.
Compared to other add-on aircraft, the handling of the PMDG machines is quite simple.
Grüße,
Stephan
2019-06-09 11:56
capitainekurck
ok thanks i try with button and it work, but i still have problem with my encoder. i try all type detents and i can't make it work normally. i think there are not compatible with mobiflight.
i know that it possible to find the type of detent with 2 led i must find a link on the net.
2019-06-09 14:54
pizman82
Supporter
This is not needed.

Google for the Typ of your Encoder.... Then you get a datasheet. Important is the Detent/Signal Resolution.

24 Position means 24 Detents pretty sure..... if it have 24 Signals its a 1:1 Encoder..... If it have 12 Signals its 1:2 and so on.
You can choose the Resolution in the Device Settings Tab...... Not forget to UPLOAD it again to the Board if you do a change here.

About Testing.
You can use the Mobiflight Debug String for that.... Or you set 2 simple easy things.... ( Ignore the ON FAST Tabs)
Use for example on Left "Key Send" "A" and on Right Key Send "B"
Then start a Writing Programm like EDITOR or WORDPAD. Run Mobiflight and Sim and this Wirting Programm.
Klick the Cursor and turn your Encoder..... It should now write AAAAAA or BBBBB if you turn it for a cuple of time.... One Character per Detent !
Good Luck !
2019-06-09 15:35
capitainekurck
yes you right with the notepad i find that it a 1 detent per cycle but i lose some "step", I can see it when i log event with fsuipc. perhaps it a problem of debouncing. or it's a too cheap encoder.
[Last edited by capitainekurck, 2019-06-10 02:43]
2019-06-09 20:16
pizman82
Supporter
Lots of possible reasons.

1. Wrong electrical setup.... Maby a bridge by solder .
2. Broke Encoder (Internal shifting broke so some detents are not seen.
3. Bouncing

Or its a Software Issue.

Please try the follow....
In Mobiflight Settings please set....
A ) Logging Mode to OFF
B ) Offline Mode to ON

Now Startup just Mobiflight and Notepad. But NOT start the Simulator.
With "Offline Mode" the Keys are send whatever no Sim is connected a.t.m.

Then test again.... Missing Keys already there ???
If Yes then its a Hardware issue..... If Not then problem is maby System performance when running the Sim in Backround.

Please report final results !
Good Luck !
2019-06-10 09:04
icon