MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
voadre
Hi
I am aLso new here on the forum. My english is not that good also but i do my best
I am trying to make an MCP
I have programmed the 7-segment displays in arduino mega and with five Max7219 chips.
Everything works fine in FSX but in xplane 11 the offset 0C5E isn't recognised. That is the offset for the FO COURSE.
It returns instead the course off the captain.
The plane in fsx is the ifly 700-800ng and in xplane the ZIBO 737 800

Can someone give me a solution for that problem.

Regards
Dirk
2019-05-13 19:24
pizman82
Supporter
Hi

This Offset is a "Standard" Offset . That means it is used for Standard Aircrafts that was delivered with FSX/P3D. If your lucky then a AddOn ( Like your Ifly) use also this offset.... But normaly that will not work and a AddOn use "own" Offsets.
In Xplane we need to work with the Data that XPUIPC give us.... I not test it (Not use Xplane) but normaly for Xplane Standard Aircrafts this Offset will also work.
Zibo can be different..... Same Rule like in FSX.... A AddOn "can" work with standard Offsets.... But it not have to !
Good Luck !
2019-05-13 20:40
voadre
Thanks for the answer
The offset doesn't work neither with the standard 737-800 from xplane.
The only 737-800 where the offset OC5E works with is the B737-800x from x737projects .
Its a free download.
Is there a way to find out how they have done in there program so i can adapt the zibo
Regards
2019-05-25 23:54
pizman82
Supporter
Thats the wrong direction....

You can not "change" the Addon :cry:

If your AddOn use a Standard Offset then you can work with it verry easy.
If NOT then you must find the Data. If your lucky then your AddOn support its data on a other Offset. If not then the Data must be "read" out of the System. In Xplane tthe AddOns got Datarefs.... There the internal Data is shared to the Sim. With a own script in the XPUIPC Ini File you can tell XPUIPC that it should read those Datarefs and should provide the information to a free Offset of your choice.

Summary.... its not possible to change the AddOn Aircraft so it will work with the standard Offset.... Its only possible to extract the Data from the AddOn manualy by hand ( if it allowed us to do that) and send this data to a Free Offset.
Good Luck !
2019-05-27 21:26
icon