MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
Ridgeandgable
Hi guys

I've hit a snag with my PMDG.. If I start in cold and dark setup and attempt to start the engines, I get stuck at engine rpm @ 20.4 with no thrust power, the other engine spools to 21.4 with thrust power, also seems to affect the oil temp, spooled engine at 78, non spooled at 13 or so..

I've spoken with PMDG and they asked me to removed the fsuipc.ini file out the modules folder and try again, I did, and it worked, but engines spool to 21.4, but put the file back and the problem returns.

I have set the FMC to accept a key press for the fuel cut off / idel which is ctrl, shift F1 through to F4, and assigned the fuel cut off levers as a button press with the key command, this is whats causing the issue.

PMDG not able to advise on best solution as they don't support fsuipc

Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do to correct it?

Easy solution is to start with engines running, but seems a bit un-realistic. I've built my overhead panel to be able to use all the switches

Thanks
2019-05-03 13:59
Gemu
I never had a problem like this, but I don´t use key commands. I work only with Event-ID´s in FSUIPC. Using Key commands in PDMG you have to delete this commands in the flightsim options to prevent double assignments. Otherwise there are 2 different funktions on one key and things going messed up.
To use all switches on your overhead don´t use key commands, this will make you crazy in short time. Use HID controllers and asign the buttons to Event-ID´s in FSUIPC, or use arduino and mobiflight to send the events.

iconQuote:

PMDG not able to advise on best solution as they don't support fsuipc

Only problem I recognized with PMDG and FSUIPC are analogue axis. Especially reverser axis. On my TQ I have 2 seperate axis for the reversers. Calibrating this in FSUIPC can be a bit tricky, but can be done with a little workaround.

Greetings
Gert
2019-05-04 00:07
Ridgeandgable
Hi Gert

The entire overhead works perfect, as this is done using arduinos and mobi,

But the throttles I bought from Italy, and they have installed a leo bodnar card to run it.

I've tried to set the event id from pmdg in fsuipc but I doesn't seem to function, although it cuts the fuel off etc it doesn't light the LEDs on the overhead, and the don't move in the VC cockpit.

So after speaking to Pete at fsuipc, he said to assign a key press from a button and that should work, although it all seems to function, it's gives the error noted above, only 1 engine will spool.

Working with pmdg to see if they have a work around
2019-05-04 00:39
pizman82
Supporter
Pete mostly not awnsers to PMDG Questions... Cause ( i think) he don´t like PMDG overall.

About Problem:

without detailed informations i can not check this. You just say ....
iconQuote:

I've tried to set the event id from pmdg in fsuipc but I doesn't seem to function, although it cuts the fuel off etc it doesn't light the LEDs on the overhead, and the don't move in the VC cockpit.

I don´t know what specific function you talk about..... And i don´t know your workflow.

Whatever i can say.... Normaly PMDG is complete useable with FSUIPC. If there exist a EventID then you can work with it ( whatever with FSUIPC or with Mobiflight)
If something not work then in 99% of cases you did the wrong Entrys.
Good Luck !
2019-05-04 10:03
Gemu
OK, I had a look in my sim and load PMDG-737. Very strange, because my fuel levers are assigned to key commands not Event-ID´s - I don´t remember why I did this. In FMC-Options I use Ctrl + F1/Ctrl + 2 for On/Off command for switch-1. Ctrl + F3/4 for switch-2. In FSUIPC I use this 2 key commands for up and down flankes for one button. It works perfect and there are no bad influences if levers are out of sync. If I start with engines running but forgot to set levers to idle, I can switch them to on and it don´t affect anything. May this was the reason why I use key commands in this case.

My TQ is selfbuild (777) and has latch switches for fuel cutoffs. Maybe your TQ will use micro switches on up and down position of the levers, so setup has to be different. You have to assign 4 different buttons in FSUIPC instead of 2. Anyway, you can use key commands, they works without any problems.

iconQuote:

I have set the FMC to accept a key press for the fuel cut off / idel which is ctrl, shift F1 through to F4

May you test only with F1 - F4 key and then delete all this horrible predefined key commands in FS options, let only this key commands inside that you really need. In my eyes your problem is a simple double assignment. I don´t remember all the key commands of fs, but I think all this F1-F4 stuff is preassigned to thrust, reversers and so on. So if you use this shortcuts in FSUIPC, while assigned in fs too strange things can happen.
2019-05-04 21:51
icon