MobiFlight Community Support

Welcome to the forum for MobiFlight! Feel free to reach out to the community in case you have questions, issues or just want to share great ideas or details about your latest home cockpit project.

You like MobiFlight? Donate via PayPal and support the MobiFlight development. Thanks! 

icon
horenh
I see many discussions on the mobiflight forum about the B737 engine start switch.
Especially the jump back from GND to OFF during the start procedure.
The functionality of the swich without the jump back is no problem.
Also on YouTube there are several movies about this item.
But always about the construction to put the switch back.
But until now i don’t have seen a fully working solution with the use of Mobiflight.
Is it not possible that we all together searching fot a working solution that works for all.
It is allowed to use a servo motor, stepper motor or clutch but like readily avialable parts.
I prefer the servo because it only needs 1 digital port.
I know dat Mobiflight is not a preprogrammed solution to make a overhead panel, as i mean StephanHo wrote somwhere on this forum, then buy a complete solution.
But unfortunately not everyone is a programmer and needs some support.
In summary I am looking for a solution for he Mobiflight part, the meganic part is not the main problem.
I am very curious about the result
2019-05-02 11:44
pizman82
Supporter
Hi.

Your intentions are good.... But this is not realy possible.
We can figure out the System.... But we can not support a working file to download.

You already named the problem.... The different Hardware.
If somebody use a PULL solonoid then the Config must be 100% inverted to a User that work with a PUSH Solonoid.
A Holding Solonoid will take a complete other logic .... And finaly the improvisional Servo Methode will need a "2 Way Logic" that reset the Motor.

Especialy the Servo can be not pre-programmed cause whatever you build your mechanic the values of Servo must be different. wih a short arm it must turn only 20 degrees. With a Wheel-reverser it must turn e.g. more then 180°

iconhorenh:

I know dat Mobiflight is not a preprogrammed solution to make a overhead panel, as i mean StephanHo wrote somwhere on this forum, then buy a complete solution.
But unfortunately not everyone is a programmer and needs some support.

Here you see it a bit wrong i think.
Mobiflight is existing to avoid Users from Programming.
Programming means you write a 200-300 Line script with 50 different Commands and a difficult syntax to make this Starting Switch work.
In MF you do not "programming". You just set Configs. . So Using a Transform like "if($%10=17,222,if($!=12,333,$*12)) is NOT Programming. This is simple Mathematic Logic!
This sound a bit hard... But as i said 100 times in the past.... Understanding Basic Informatic and Mathmatic things is needed to build a Cockpit.
To Drive a Car you must not be a professional Nasscar Pilot.... But you must know that the Round item in front is for steering ! ;)

What you need is in a easy form still done.... https://www.mobiflight.com/forum/message/3191.html
Please check this topic if information is still ok for you.
If a User takes the solonoid maby he can share the System.... Then we can include other mechanics and the needed Settings in a Official Guide !
Good Luck !
2019-05-02 17:11
icon